Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thor #3 SPOILERS

Past...

- Guardian of Jotunheim and Malekith discuss finding the skull of Laufey. the Jotun won't risk invading Midgard to get it with Thor and his hammer around... Malekith tells him that Thor has lost his hammer and to prepare for War

Present...

- The hammer is still stuckin the elevator
    - Lady Thor threatens Malekith. Malekith is not amused. Frost giant swallows Lady Thor
    - Malekith and Jotuns try to break down the door to no avail
    - Lady Thor explodes the Jotun that swallows her nad begins punchign Giants
    - Malekith opens the door. Minotaur and Malekith fight
    - LAdy thor is losing power without Mjolnir. She gets it back right before changing back
    - Malekith finds the Skull
    - Lady Thor enters. She smashes the skull. Malekith tells her this will mean war on Midgard by the Jotuns.
    - The Real Thor enters, with his Axe and Destroyer arm saying...

"Aye, theres a war before her but not against the likes of you Elf. Unhand my hammer Woman, or know the wrath of Thor."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So, it seems like Lady Thor is going to be more "old school" Donald Blake Thor with her turning back to a normal person without the hammer.

can't really judge this title yet. Lady Thor is simply a non-confident Thor at this point. Probably when the "reveal" happens this should pick up a bit but... I miss Thor: God of Thunder already.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Anyone know how this book is faring sales-wise?

Thor needs some new enemies to fight. I mean how long has it been since he fought Utgard-Loki. Or maybe they could finally resurrect Angrboda and make her into a recurring antagonist. Even better maybe they could finally put Loki's brothers from mythology into the comic, Helblindi and Bıleistr. Its the same old conflict again; how about spice it up with characters that have not been focused that much from mythology. I have a feeling that for the Thor comics the writers never think to use some of the characters already found in the mythology.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Angerboda_(Earth-616)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helblindi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%BDleistr

you keep asking for things from the myths, but I think you are going to have to accept that things in the comics are just different, and even if events did happen the same way, the things you are asking for are often in the distant past, the characters long dead. Most of the big things that would conceivably still be around either are already part of the comics, or other things they've done invalidate them, and when it comes to the comics, usually canon trumps myth. I'd love for some new enemies too, but I think we are not going to see a whole lot from the mythology in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Anyone know how this book is faring sales-wise?
    We only have numbers for the first issue so far, that sold around 150,000.

I liked this issue a lot. And I am liking her, she's sassy. I realize it's largely Mjolnir responsible for the smack talking, but still. Glad we are finally getting some hints about just why Agger is a minotaur. I was not expecting Laufey's skull to be smashed, it seemed like they were going to bring him back... but then again, maybe they still will and this is just a fakout.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-10-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    you keep asking for things from the myths, but I think you are going to have to accept that things in the comics are just different, and even if events did happen the same way, the things you are asking for are often in the distant past, the characters long dead. Most of the big things that would conceivably still be around either are already part of the comics, or other things they've done invalidate them, and when it comes to the comics, usually canon trumps myth. I'd love for some new enemies too, but I think we are not going to see a whole lot from the mythology in that regard.

We only have numbers for the first issue so far, that sold around 150,000.

I liked this issue a lot. And I am liking her, she's sassy. I realize it's largely Mjolnir responsible for the smack talking, but still. Glad we are finally getting some hints about just why Agger is a minotaur. I was not expecting Laufey's skull to be smashed, it seemed like they were going to bring him back... but then again, maybe they still will and this is just a fakout.
    I am going to have to dispute that because many times writers have drawn upon the myths time and again. There is an untapped potential that should be used.

I'm loving this so far. Lady Thor is kickass. She actually dented the adamantium doors.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    I'm loving this so far. Lady Thor is kickass. She actually dented the adamantium doors.
    Not surprising, Odinson with the hammer probably could have as well.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So, it seems like Lady Thor is going to be more "old school" Donald Blake Thor with her turning back to a normal person without the hammer.

can't really judge this title yet. Lady Thor is simply a non-confident Thor at this point. Probably when the "reveal" happens this should pick up a bit but... I miss Thor: God of Thunder already.
    I don't, i'm liking her better already.

Plus she's a mortal woman turned into a god, this is the first time she's using these powers. It's natural she'd be a bit unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

Yeah, Marvel Thor has never been like the myths, if it was Thor would be a red head and Laufey would be a woman. Marvel Loki never had any brothers besides his stepbrother Thor for that matter.

As for Laufey, i don't think it's a fake out. He's not coming back, that's not why they wanted the skull. Besides, it has serves it's purpose, to start a war between Midgard and the Frost Giants.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 12-10-2014 at 01:25 PM.

BANNED

Lady Thor really wants to honor Odinson braveness

Odinson i'm sorry to say put Mjolnir doesn't want you more, time to get over it. lol
    But seriously more focus on villains, not the woman that is trying to help you.

How Odinson got the mechanical arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Lady Thor really wants to honor Odinson braveness

Odinson i'm sorry to say put Mjolnir doesn't want you more, time to get over it. lol
    But seriously more focus on villains, not the woman that is trying to help you.

How Odinson got the mechanical arm?
    That;s not a mechanical arm. If i'm not mistaken, that's a destroyer arm.

Thor is really aggressive The woman is his friend

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    And the guy that ripped his arm is right there.

Actually blending the originality of the comics and myths can bring up new storylines. I mean with two biological brothers they could bring up the issue of feeling more at home with either your birth or adopted family. Not to mention the fact that a lot of Thor's siblings from mythology have been brought into the comics. I mean don't see how that could prevent Loki's own brothers from appearing. I could actually see Helblindi and Bıleistr being good enemies against this new Anti-hero Loki. Or they could even be in this new storyline where they team up with Malekith to help invade Asgard. I know they can change up a bit from mythology but again its still there ripe for the picking.
    Last edited by jazzflower92; 12-10-2014 at 01:39 PM.

I don't have a problem with Loki having brothers, but that does conflict with what has been shown previously, where he was an only child, then Laufey was dead. And that did not seem to change in this issue, since Malekith mentioned Loki as a sort of legacy of Laufey, but no mention of any brothers. Also, Loki aside, the frost giants are not as long lived as Asgardians, they would have likely died years ago of old age anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    That;s not a mechanical arm. If i'm not mistaken, that's a destroyer arm.
    King Thor has the Destroyer arm in the future, but this one is different, it looks like a human made robotic type deal. I assume we will get an explanation about where he got it in the next issue or two.

Quote Originally Posted by asiea View Post
    He doesn't know that. I mean, sure, she has to be a good person in order to be found worthy, and if he stopped to think about it he may realize that. But that still doesn't change the fact that she took something that belonged to him, his most precious possession.

But yeah, bad guys first, Thor.
    Last edited by Raye; 12-10-2014 at 01:55 PM.