Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Blacklist

Member in Disguise

Post The Blacklist

Season Finale tonight, wooooo!

(Apologies if there's aleady a thread, didn't see one)
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Season Finale tonight, wooooo!

(Apologies if there's aleady a thread, didn't see one)
    I'll watch the finale tonight but then I am done. I just am not enjoying it.

The only thing holding my interest is the possibility that we get the husband's back story.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I'll watch the finale tonight but then I am done. I just am not enjoying it.
    Yeah I'm done. When are they going to realize that the average tv viewer/movie goer isn't stupid. They lied to us about talia al gul (we weren't fooled) they lied to us about khan in into darkness (we weren't fooled) amd they lied to us about this and we weren't fooled.

What is the lie?

Member in Disguise

Well, that was annoying. I don't think *any* of the overall mysteries were addressed (pretty sure that final scene is a red herring).
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Currently MagSeven

Even though Red being Liz's father is probably a red herring for us, I still find it a bit silly that Liz doesn't even remotely suspect that Red is her father.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MagSeven View Post
    Even though Red being Liz's father is probably a red herring for us, I still find it a bit silly that Liz doesn't even remotely suspect that Red is her father.
    She asked him already point blank in an earlier episode and he told her point blank no. Although the finale episode sort of negate's that answer with the "your father no longer exists" (I'm paraphrasing). Which I took to mean that Red is completely different from the man he was when Liz was child. So no, (her father) he no longer exists. I read an interview with one of the producers who practically admitted that they are just making things up as they go along. So I stopped taking is seriously.

The Blacklist and the Tomorrow People are two shows I essentially just watch(ed) as escapism, They were not so bad that I wanted to stop watching, but neither are they so good that I take them seriously or want to re-watch. I think my primary reason for liking the Blacklist. Is due to James Spader and his calm attitude and (on the surface) nonchalant attitude about everything. He treats life as a game where he knows that he will come out on top.

Yeah I love this show and it's not because the whole mystery of who Liz's father is or that it is plausible. It's simply because James Spader is perfect for the role of Red and I just enjoy his performance. Having said that, Berlin appears to be an intriguing adversary as well but this ending was basically a poor man's Usual Suspects with the plane crash replacing the boat explosion. The minute I saw the dude in the hospital I knew he was Berlin.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    She asked him already point blank in an earlier episode and he told her point blank no. Although the finale episode sort of negate's that answer with the "your father no longer exists" (I'm paraphrasing). Which I took to mean that Red is completely different from the man he was when Liz was child. So no, (her father) he no longer exists. I read an interview with one of the producers who practically admitted that they are just making things up as they go along. So I stopped taking is seriously.

The Blacklist and the Tomorrow People are two shows I essentially just watch(ed) as escapism, They were not so bad that I wanted to stop watching, but neither are they so good that I take them seriously or want to re-watch. I think my primary reason for liking the Blacklist. Is due to James Spader and his calm attitude and (on the surface) nonchalant attitude about everything. He treats life as a game where he knows that he will come out on top.
    Ah. Think I missed that one. You're 100% right about Spader though. He makes the show. Watching him is a treat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    She asked him already point blank in an earlier episode and he told her point blank no. Although the finale episode sort of negate's that answer with the "your father no longer exists" (I'm paraphrasing). Which I took to mean that Red is completely different from the man he was when Liz was child. So no, (her father) he no longer exists.
    What Reddington actually said was "Your father is dead, he died in the fire." Now, it's possible that was meant in some kind of metaphorical fashion, but it's equally possible (and, imo, more likely) that he is literally dead. The fire may have been an attempt to kill the father and Reddington was just the one who rescued Lizzie from the house. I flirted with the theory that "Berlin" is Lizzie's father and that he's going after Reddington because he thinks Red turned his daughter over to his enemies, who he believes killed her, but timelines don't sync up; Lizzie's not old enough.
    Last edited by kalorama; 05-14-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

James Spader is quite good on this show. Looking forward to the season 2 premiere.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Ultimate Member

This show is worth if for Spader, but I hope they break up the formula some. In large part, it's 'Red sells out associate, team takes 'em down'.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Decent start to the season. Nice to see Mary-Louise Parker show up as a series regular. Interesting twist with Krysten Ritter's character.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

If it weren't for James Spader... there are some things I like and some things I disliked. I liked that the cast was actually very diverse... BUT the season finally definitely damaged that. I liked the mystery of the husband and Spader, again the season finally certainly removed those elements. I'm over the whole "is he your father or not" since he so blatantly is since early on. The mystery of "is the husband normal or an assassin" THAT was good, because it could go either way.

Boston Legal is my favourite show ever, so I'll keep watching because of James Spader. Alan Alda is always welcome, and we NEED Jennifer Ehle back; she was AMAZING!!! Very sad about Malik (would much rather it was Cooper, he's a rubbish actor). I'll try season 2, but... I really only watch it for Spader (and occasional epic guest stars like Dianne Wiest)