Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

No more mutants was never about secret wars. It was an ad for the first arc of the relaunched Uncanny Avengers. We've known that since about an hour after it debuted.

BANNED

And the first arc seems to center around High Evolutionary.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Kevin Feige has said the twins are not Inhuman. http://screenrant.com/inhumans-mutan...atic-universe/
    You do know that's many months old, right? Things change and Marvel never divulges everything right away as they have a process for approval of things that takes time. Gaz of Marvel Heroes tends to explain some of that process at times which is why they cannot reveal everything they have in the works right away until Marvel says so.

If you're going to bash someone, bash the editors. Kevin Feige is tired of saying he has nothing to do with the comics; he'sjust the guy in charge of the movies.

And besides, Marvel has been doing this "sinergy" thing way before Marvel Studios existed.

All-New Member

You mean to tell me that after all this time that no one did a DNA test to verify that Wanda and Pietro are in fact Magneto's offspring?

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    You do know that's many months old, right? Things change and Marvel never divulges everything right away as they have a process for approval of things that takes time. Gaz of Marvel Heroes tends to explain some of that process at times which is why they cannot reveal everything they have in the works right away until Marvel says so.
    In the movie-verse the twins are powered by one of the infinity gems. Not the terrigen mists.

In the movie-verse the twins are powered by one of the infinity gems. Not the terrigen mists.
    We'll see when the movie hits. I'm still betting on them being Inhumans to help use Avengers 2 as a promotion for Inhumans via the twins.

Not sure how much promotion the twins will give them. I suppose they could become more popular with movie fans, but I don't know if they will or not. Wanda is more infamous amongst readers. But since they can make GotG popular, anything is possible.

I just wonder how they'd even make this plausible in comics. I mean Pietro obviously was repowered using terrigen. But before that was de-powered under Wanda's spell. Wanda's never been exposed to the mists. Are they gonna keep her link to Chthon (I mean they literally have her using Chthon's voice in AXIS #7)? Why would she need to be Inhuman if she has those powers already?

Spectacular Member

Man I'd love to be on the jury when they argue that one. They should televise the hearing.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

I just wonder how they'd even make this plausible in comics. I mean Pietro obviously was repowered using terrigen. But before that was de-powered under Wanda's spell.
    My guess is, assuming my theory is correct regarding mutants "actually" being Inhumans, is that Scarlet Witch's "No More Mutants" spell only worked on "mutants" instead of Inhumans because Scarlet Witch THOUGHT they were mutants. It's an easy retcon ... a spell limited only by the knowledge of the caster.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Kevin Feige has said the twins are not Inhuman. http://screenrant.com/inhumans-mutan...atic-universe/
    With respect, that means nothing.
    Movie folk lie all the time to keep secrets about roles, directions, sequels, cameos, etc etc etc.
    Comic folk do too.

I'm not saying its a bad thing either.

Additionally, we don't know what allows the twins to have powers.
    All we know for certain is that they're twins, they volunteered, and they're the only survivors of some kind of HYDRA experiment/test.
    HYDRA has Loki's scepter, but it doesn't mean that is the source of their power. It certainly could be a means to control the twins, if necessary, as shown in previous films.
    Last edited by Fokken; 12-11-2014 at 06:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I'm not sure how this is a middle finger. Fox still has rights to use them. If it was as simple as just renaming mutants as something else, Marvel would have done that already and we'd be on our second or third Marvel-produced X-Men movie. Is it a middle finger in terms of sending a message through comics? AXIS is Marvel's lowest selling event comic ever. Barely anyone is receiving that message.
    Came to say this. No reason for a conspiracy as nothing can come of it. If copyright laws were that porous nobody would buy licensing rights for anything, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Came to say this. No reason for a conspiracy as nothing can come of it. If copyright laws were that porous nobody would buy licensing rights for anything, ever.
    Good word, porous.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rajikaru View Post
    I say go for it. Give Fox the biggest middle finger of them all.
    The biggest logical error of this whole anti-mutant conspiracy theory is the idea that Fox depends on anything Marvel does with their books (and vice versa). Fox already has rights to the characters and the bigotry concept. That's all they need to pump out as many movies as they want. It's not giving them the finger. It's throwing a hissy fit in a corner while other people look at you weirdly.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 12-11-2014 at 06:56 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    The biggest logical error of this whole anti-mutant conspiracy theory is the idea that Fox depends on anything Marvel does with their books (and vice versa). Fox already has rights to the characters and the bigotry concept. That's all they need to pump out as many movies as they want. It's not giving them the finger. It's throwing a hissy fit in a corner while other people look at you weirdly.
    Eh, Fox can't use the Marvel NOW! Mutants or stories that involve those characters so I'm sure Marvel is looking for ways to deny more stories/characters with Fox without going so far as to provoke a lawsuit war.