Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    LOL Really? Where you pulling those numbers out?? Personally not liking an event doesn't mean others don't.
    Probably the lowest selling event recently, if you can call it that, was Original Sin. It did have tie in issues. I'd have to check back into Fear Itself though.

#1s always sell well because of collectors. We really have to wait for November's numbers to see how AXIS is really doing.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    LOL Really? Where you pulling those numbers out?? Personally not liking an event doesn't mean others don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Probably the lowest selling event recently, if you can call it that, was Original Sin. It did have tie in issues. I'd have to check back into Fear Itself though.
    The numbers on ComicsBeat.com show that AXIS is selling slightly below Original Sin, but above Fear Itself. Siege is the lowest.

Siege is the lowest, yet Ares... still dead.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 12-11-2014 at 01:21 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Maybe it just means that Wanda changed herself and Pietro into Inhumans instead of mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Seems like the case.

Iconic Mutants like Magneto wont be changed but the lesser known Mutants... I can see them being changed. Heck, they could clean house at the school and have most revealed as Inhumans and thus having Medusa claim them.

Would make moving to Cyke's school so much easier if there are less Mutants around.
    Oh god, change Warren. Please writer gods, he needs to be far, far away from the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    Maybe it just means that Wanda changed herself and Pietro into Inhumans instead of mutants.
    Would it really be that simple? Then again, Wanda is basically a living game breaker.

Original Sin sold better in it's first 3 issues.

1. - 147,045
    2. - 92,643
    3. - 93,351

Fear Itself actually had a lower selling first issue, but sales stayed higher in it's first 3 issues.

1. - 128,595
    2. - 96,318
    3. - 95,621

Infinity was quite a bit more successful

1. - 205,819
    2. - 125,985
    3. - 123,285

AvX was a monster hit, so I won't bother posting the numbers.

Siege was interesting, in that it had kind of a low selling first issue, but it was actually selling better by the third issue.

1. - 108,484
    2. - 108,429
    3. - 113,073

I could go back and do Secret Invasion, World War Hulk, Civil War, House of M and Disassembled, but I think you get the idea. So yeah, AXIS is their lowest selling event comic since the current trend started in 2005.

Oh, you can look up all the numbers here: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Original Sin sold better in it's first 3 issues.

1. - 147,045
    2. - 92,643
    3. - 93,351

Fear Itself actually had a lower selling first issue, but sales stayed higher in it's first 3 issues.

1. - 128,595
    2. - 96,318
    3. - 95,621

Infinity was quite a bit more successful

1. - 205,819
    2. - 125,985
    3. - 123,285

AvX was a monster hit, so I won't bother posting the numbers.

Siege was interesting, in that it had kind of a low selling first issue, but it was actually selling better by the third issue.

1. - 108,484
    2. - 108,429
    3. - 113,073

I could go back and do Secret Invasion, World War Hulk, Civil War, House of M and Disassembled, but I think you get the idea. So yeah, AXIS is their lowest selling event comic since the current trend started in 2005.

Oh, you can look up all the numbers here: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html
    I've been using that site for years esp. because of their quest to pull together Silver Age numbers. There was a time when comics were required to print those figures annually in the comics.

SI, WWH, CW, etc comparisons would be pointless because across the board comics were selling at much higher rate 5 or 10 years ago. Fantastic Four certainly was yet now Marvel is not happy with the numbers and is shelving it soon.

If something is ranking in the top ten, I wouldn't characterize it as low selling. And that still doesn't prove your second point, which is that no one is paying attention to it. Just look at the multiple threads it generates here.

I've been using that site for years esp. because of their quest to pull together Silver Age numbers. There was a time when comics were required to print those figures annually in the comics.

SI, WWH, CW, etc comparisons would be pointless because across the board comics were selling at much higher rate 5 or 10 years ago. Fantastic Four certainly was yet now Marvel is not happy with the numbers and is shelving it soon.

If something is ranking in the top ten, I wouldn't characterize it as low selling. And that still doesn't prove your second point, which is that no one is paying attention to it. Just look at the multiple threads it generates here.
    If we're gonna argue semantics, I said lowest selling event comic, which it plainly is. I also said barely anyone, and not no one. I know how people can hang onto individual words here, so I pick mine pretty carefully. My main point still stands. This isn't a middle finger to FOX. A comic book being published in 2014 that sells 84K by it's third issue means nothing to FOX. They'll keep making X-Men movies that will probably have Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in them regardless of whatever they get called in the comics. If this was a message meant for FOX, it's a completely empty gesture.

well, we'll see. With Magneto having his origins tied to WWII, he's increasingly an older man with Marvel's sliding timeline. He would have to have been WAY older than his wife/the woman who bore the twins, since they are presumed to be, what, in their late 20s at this point?

This may be a way to finally address the age issue. And yes, I still think it's creepy for Rogue to have been involved with him way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    well, we'll see. With Magneto having his origins tied to WWII, he's increasingly an older man with Marvel's sliding timeline. He would have to have been WAY older than his wife/the woman who bore the twins, since they are presumed to be, what, in their late 20s at this point?

This may be a way to finally address the age issue. And yes, I still think it's creepy for Rogue to have been involved with him way back when.
    This was already addressed by having the twins cryo-frozen by the High Evolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    It's because movies make much more money an they want to convert some of them to becoming comic readers.
    And after 9 MCU movies and a season and a half of a crappy tv show this has not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    And after 9 MCU movies and a season and a half of a crappy tv show this has not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    If we're gonna argue semantics, I said lowest selling event comic, which it plainly is. I also said barely anyone, and not no one. I know how people can hang onto individual words here, so I pick mine pretty carefully. My main point still stands. This isn't a middle finger to FOX. A comic book being published in 2014 that sells 84K by it's third issue means nothing to FOX. They'll keep making X-Men movies that will probably have Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in them regardless of whatever they get called in the comics. If this was a message meant for FOX, it's a completely empty gesture.
    I don't even agree that this is a middle finger for Fox in any case. This is Marvel using its rights as a publisher and Fox can do whatever they want on the movie side because it doesn't change their rights either. If anything, Marvel is laying a foundation for Avengers 2 and any other films involving the twins. It's their right to do that as a publisher and a film studio. Fox is the one that doesn't want them to use the term "mutants".

Whether or not you consider it low selling makes no difference to Marvel. They are still making money off Axis. And do you still think there is barely anyone paying attention to it if we have multiple threads about? Even those who aren't buying it want to come to MBs to get spoilers.

I don't even agree that this is a middle finger for Fox in any case. This is Marvel using its rights as a publisher and Fox can do whatever they want on the movie side because it doesn't change their rights either. If anything, Marvel is laying a foundation for Avengers 2 and any other films involving the twins. It's their right to do that as a publisher and a film studio. Fox is the one that doesn't want them to use the term "mutants".

Whether or not you consider it low selling makes no difference to Marvel. They are still making money off Axis. And do you still think there is barely anyone paying attention to it if we have multiple threads about? Even those who aren't buying it want to come to MBs to get spoilers.
    An audience of 84K (and lets be honest here, thats the number retailers are ordering, not the number that people are buying) is less than 1% of the audience that will be exposed to these characters in an X-Men movie or an Avengers movie. So yes, I consider that "barely anyone".