Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    For once I agree with the winged wonder. Deathbird wasn't what I was expecting (as in she wasn't handled well). The lack of focus in the book is just pathetic.
    ...Lack of Focus? This entire Arc was about Rachel and Deathbird as the main focuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Eh, she was always crazy and now she has a child... And it isn't like she hasn't had a bloody side before, especially against those that have slighted her rather roughly. Besides, they couldn't use anyone else since in the cosmic side no one else is related to Rachel and the Shi'ar like Deathbird is.
    They could have used anyone else. Deathbird has less to do with the killing of the Greys than just about any other Shi'ar.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Eh, she was always crazy and now she has a child... And it isn't like she hasn't had a bloody side before, especially against those that have slighted her rather roughly. Besides, they couldn't use anyone else since in the cosmic side no one else is related to Rachel and the Shi'ar like Deathbird is.
    As a preeminent Deathbird scholar here (my very first avatar was Deathbird slipping Vulcan some hawt tongueaction, sweeeeeet bird jesus was that hot 2 everlovin death, i'm rufflin feathers just reminiscing, bawk bawk), that WAS NOT DEATHBIRD. Not by a longshot.

I'm glad she's out of her ridiculous coma paralysis inactivity stasis, but christ, don't saddle her with some tacked-on fauxpathos like insta-mommyhood. Hasn't this title had quite enough of that already?

Out of any female x-character, she alone is the most perfect embodiment of feminist ideals. Not even close.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

...Lack of Focus? This entire Arc was about Rachel and Deathbird as the main focuses.
    No no, the series in general. It seems like random, extraneous, disconnected adventures. Like a child's show.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Yeah, nice little arc for Rachel but other than that, this was pretty generic spacefare with some really hideous art throughout. And how are you not going to wrap up Deathbird's baby when the title is a revolving creative team book? That's just destined to be a dangler now.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

why is it so hard to remember that vampires fight using fangs, claws, and occasionally hypnotism?

So what happen to Vulcans kid

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Okay, I've read it and I liked it. This was a Rachel story and it ended up giving her a ton of person growth as well as establishing her competence as a growing leader. It also showcased that she desires to be a "Better" and "Good" person as she refused to kill the guy even though she had every right to want his blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    why is it so hard to remember that vampires fight using fangs, claws, and occasionally hypnotism?
    She kinda can't use Fangs and Claws while in a space suit.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    So what happen to Vulcans kid
    Not born yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess View Post
    No no, the series in general. It seems like random, extraneous, disconnected adventures. Like a child's show.
    Well, the Arkea stuff was established even with the Rachel vs Storm stuff which made Storm look pretty bad as Rachel didn't deserve such horrid treatment.

Bloodlines WAS kinda random though, I'll admit.

Thank the comic gods this travesty of an arc is over.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thank the comic gods this travesty of an arc is over.

Im going to have to agree. It was pure garbage the little that I read.

Fantastic Member

This arc would have been so much better if the art was good. Otherwise, it was nice to see Rachel get a spotlight. The ending was pretty lackluster though. Seemed rushed. I do want this title to get better though. Throw Sinister in there!
    So.. is Deathbird part of the team now?

And can Jubes just stop being a vamp already?

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Okay, I've read it and I liked it. This was a Rachel story and it ended up giving her a ton of person growth as well as establishing her competence as a growing leader. It also showcased that she desires to be a "Better" and "Good" person as she refused to kill the guy even though she had every right to want his blood.

She kinda can't use Fangs and Claws while in a space suit.

Not born yet.

Well, the Arkea stuff was established even with the Rachel vs Storm stuff which made Storm look pretty bad as Rachel didn't deserve such horrid treatment.

Bloodlines WAS kinda random though, I'll admit.
    But, Jubilee wasn't shown using her mutant powers while in the space suit. She used them in several panels at the end of the issue, when she was wearing her black jumpsuit and yellow jacket. She went back and forth this entire arc as a vampire and then as a mutant.
    IF she isn't allowed to turn back into a mutant by decree of Marvel... they should probably give her the mutant powers back, so she is a mutant vampire:
    Claws, fangs, mist, hypnotism, strength, speed, and pyrotechnic plasmoids.
    She pretty much has demonstrated all of these abilities SINCE turning into a vampire anyways... so it would just be easier in the long run.

Is the baby in a egg

Why not just get rid of the vampire thing and just give her back her powers?

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Why not just get rid of the vampire thing and just give her back her powers?
    Because the X-Men can't have nice things.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'