Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Great now, not only do I have to see that movie again but I can't help but see Julian walk off the Krakoa Lawn with a robotic fist in the air while "Don't you forget about me" plays in the distance...or Spidey would just be playing it for some reason.

For added irony, that would be his one and only arc in the book.
    Then Hellion gets a spin-off mini series that leads into a new X-Treme X-Men book with him, Adam X and others!

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    He already hates flatscans, gays, the poor, robots, and himself, I dunno what one of more species i gonna do.
    He's buds with Anole. What's wrong oversize lizards?
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

It'd be nice if they chose some kids that don't normally get focus. We had a whole series for Eye Boy and Shark Girl and the rest of that weird and wonderful "How weird can we make mutants look?" cast fairly recently.

When did guidance consolers start teaching? I love that Husk has been replaced at her new position already.

The kid focus is funny to me. None of them get focus. They've also been the secondary character to Wolverine or Spider-Man. That's the essential joke. By including the teachers on a regular role attracts those fans but hinders character development for most of the students. The last time we got a well rounded book featuring the X-Kids was CK/CY New X-Men.
    Last edited by NewMutant; 12-10-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    It'd be nice if they chose some kids that don't normally get focus. We had a whole series for Eye Boy and Shark Girl and the rest of that weird and wonderful "How weird can we make mutants look?" cast fairly recently.
    They really should have swapped out Glob for Blindfold or Mercury
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    That's the point, to use characters that normally wouldn't get focus. I'm glad that they are using the non human looking mutants for once.

Anyway, i loved the issue, it was great.

Except the teachers shouldn't be the focus, since they are in other books anyway. Plus using the kids that don't get much screen time is the best way to build new characters, plus it's fresh and new.

No offense, you ways sounds boring, it's been done.

Don't think it would work without Parker, or a teacher. Hell, the reason they can focus on these set of kids is because Parker is there to hook people who normally wouldn't be into these kids.
    The teachers shouldn't be excluded from the book either. Those other books don't deal with the teachers being teachers to the students all that much if at all. Besides, plenty of those kids have appeared elsewhere and were even used in past W&TXM books. Furthermore Spider-Man hasn't actually hung out with actual X-Men in awhile, so having him at the school and not hanging out with Iceman, Beast, Rachel, Storm, or the such every so often is hugely wasted opportunity.

No, my way HASN'T been done. At all.

You know what's boring? The X-Kids that no one asked for once again, heck there are plenty of other X-Teens that they could use like Pixie who has more selling power than nearly the entire Student cast combined that Spider-Man is working with at the student body. Reception and sales haven't been stellar, especially compared to Bendis books, for this series for a reason - the vets are almost non-existent and the chosen X-Kids simply lack strong appeal or selling power. Even QQ couldn't get sales up and they literally forced him in our faces through the W&TXM stuff and tried to hype him up with back to back events.

You know why someone new like Eva is more popular than those X-Kids? Because she naturally got a fanbase and has potential. She also wasn't forced down our throats at the cost of Veteran characters getting pushed into the background. While W&TXM on the other hand is notorious for wasting away at Vet characters or "dumbing them down" so there's an excuse for the X-Kids to step up because "Those silly adults are so incompetent!" despite them not actually being incompetent.

With how badly the X-Men reacted to Spider-Man, despite how OOC it was, and him lecturing them about understanding it seems very likely that this book will follow the same failed path of W&TXM series before it.

I'm simply frustrated that it's looking to be the same old same old as the poorly received W&TXM series before it and is a huge waste of Spider-Man's potential for even being at the school considering how long its been since he's even been around the X-Men in such a capacity.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 12-10-2014 at 05:06 PM.

I'll admit it: if the second issue of Scarlet Spiders had come out this week like I thought, I probably wouldn't have bought this issue.

And as it stands, even though I like Spidey and the X-kids, I REALLY only bought this because I knew Stegron was in the first arc. After he's gone, I'm not sure I'll continue buying it (due to my status as a broke person).

However, I think there's a lot to like in this first issue. The kids are interesting characters; I have no problem with any of them being used. I especially love seeing Ernst included and actually developed somewhat! with dialogue! It's so fun knowing she's really Cassie Nova. Also, I don't care what anyone says: I think Glob Hermann is excellent. But yeah, I agree with the poster who said that the voices for the characters were pretty strong.

There was a lot of dialogue, but I don't mind. The longer a comic takes to read, the more I like it (generally speaking).

The art was okay. Nothing spectacular, but certainly nothing terrible either.

Oh, and I think the traitor is Eyeboy.

-Pav, who also liked the scene with Toad and Krakoa...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Wait shouldn't it be glob? I mean he got picked up by mystique and then he was just back at the JGS.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Moondoggie your avatar <3

was WATX still selling well after Aaron left? I dont understand why this book hasnt been cancelled yet, & why they didnt just launch a Spider-man book where he mentors some random weird kids with superpowers...its clearly not really an X-book...
    Aaron's run (42 issues) ended at about 35K. The Axis issue will likely see a sales bump, but Latour's last 2 issues were at the 28K mark. Add in the novelty factor of Spider-Man and this will probably do better than Latour's.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Wait shouldn't it be glob? I mean he got picked up by mystique and then he was just back at the JGS.
    Glad someone brought this up.

To me the two characters who most fans would think would be the mole is Hellion and Glob. But here's the thing their too obvious. Yes Glob has already betrayed the X-Men but he's doing it for years and nothing is done about it. Hellion has too much pride to be a mole for someone. So that leaves the rest of the cast.

I think issue 1 pretty much scratches both Rockslide and Shark Girl off the list. So that leaves us Ernst, Eye Boy and Martha. Eye Boy could just be pretending to be nerdy to cover his tracks, but that's how he's been since Day 1.

Yet after reading yesterday's interview and today's issue...I personally think its ether Ernst or No Girl. With a heavy leaning toward No Girl.
    No-Girl's lack of/desire for a body is something that will come into effect in a big way toward the end of this storyline. The question is, what is she willing to do to get that body?
    Sure this could just be Writers Speak, but it seems oddly suspicious.

Of course the big twist could be the fact that each one of them is a mole (for different people) or that none of them are actually the mole.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Ho hum. Seasoned scholars already went through a similar, if not better, agonistes thematic with Danger in pursuit of her feminine identity ("her sexy body")

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

I loved it. Just what I expected.

While I also would love some other kids getting the spotlight, I have no problem with this cast at all. Martha, Hellion, Ernst, and Rockslide are some of my favorites. Someone said Eva has more potential than them? In what world? Besides cowardly Goldballs, none of Bendis' students even have distinct voices yet, Kalan would be using blank slates if he had any of them in here.

And of course, the issue ends with a crack at Staten Island. Of course.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    I loved it. Just what I expected.

While I also would love some other kids getting the spotlight, I have no problem with this cast at all. Martha, Hellion, Ernst, and Rockslide are some of my favorites. Someone said Eva has more potential than them? In what world? Besides cowardly Goldballs, none of Bendis' students even have distinct voices yet, Kalan would be using blank slates if he had any of them in here.

And of course, the issue ends with a crack at Staten Island. Of course.
    I'm slow on pop culture. What's wrong with staten island?

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Elliot Kalan is a New Yorker. New Yorkers like to rag on Staten Island. I live on Staten Island.

Also, rereading my comment, I was kind of harsh on Bendis' crew. But then again I fail to see how anyone can have more love for his new students than these guys. Unless you guys just prefer pretty mutants... Not cool.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Cant trust you Spidey to teach, but feel free to take them on a class trip unsupervised.

Plain silly.

BANNED

How come no one seems to get Hellion and Rockslide ?
    They were X-men during the Messiah complex and now they are back in school being teenagers again.
    To hell with that.