Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I thought this was a solid first issue. It introduced some great new concepts. It also revealed how Spider-Man is very different from the X-men and how not every character in the Marvel universe appreciated his charming wit. That and it's now pretty clear that he really doesn't know much about mutant problems. Aside from Wolverine, Iceman, and Firestar, he never really interacted with the X-men that much, except during big crossover events like Civil War or Avengers vs. X-men. But he still found a way to make it seem he had something to offer. And I thought he made some valid criticisms about how mutants learned to survive and not much else.

Where this issue went off-track was how it got Stegron and Sauron involved. I thought it was way too forced and made the whole story feel a bit too goofy. I would've rather read more about Spider-Man struggling to teach these young mutants and determine which one was the mole. Instead, this new conflict was forced. It made the overall story feel disorganized. That said, the concepts were still solid. I was among those not sold on that concept when it was first announced. Now I'm on board. I also did a review of this issue as well on my blog. Here's a link if anyone is interested:

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

No surprise, there are already Spider-Man-Only Fans who don't read the X-Book that are rushing to call the X-Men racists, hypocrites, and the such because of the writing here. Not a good start at all, this will be worse than the forced Storm vs Rachel conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    When did guidance consolers start teaching? I love that Husk has been replaced at her new position already.

The kid focus is funny to me. None of them get focus. They've also been the secondary character to Wolverine or Spider-Man. That's the essential joke. By including the teachers on a regular role attracts those fans but hinders character development for most of the students. The last time we got a well rounded book featuring the X-Kids was CK/CY New X-Men.
    Hellion would like a word with you about "Development" since he gets reset like every other day. So... I disagree, the Teachers and staff would only enhance the story as they play off Spider-Man being there. Besides, the kids have had 2 volumes of W&TXM already and none of them have really stuck or actually grown beyond QQ being shoved down our throats which in turn has soured QQ to a lot of people thus making him a mixed bag. Heck, he's forced on us harder than Hope was and we all know what happened with Hope in regards to popularity.

Treading the "same old same old" path of the the past W&TXM volumes, which have struggled a great deal, is not the recipe for success and wastes Spider-Man's potential for being at the school.

Maybe they team will include Veterans later on but I don't hold out much hope since this IS a sequel to W&TXM.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 12-11-2014 at 05:26 AM.

So far as the Spidey and kids interaction went, this was better than I thought it would be. Still silly, but much closer to being in-character than Aaron or Latour. Julian being genre-savvy was a bit on the nose, but also fitting given that the NXM kids have been through a lot more than the newer kids. The art was also a lot stronger than suggested in the previews. Not bad. I'll probably get the next issue.

But Spider-Man really needs to clam up about human-mutant relations. Generally, I ignore the lack of other Marvel heroes in the X-Books because yeah, the different franchise lines exist in the same universe, but don't really mess in each others' business. Everyone safely ignores everyone else. But when Spider-Man starts complaining about the X-Men being too isolated, too "us vs them", that just opens the door to the all the times mutants were hunted, had their civil rights trampled, and were literally hounded to the verge of extinction with Spidey and his Avengers pals either not lifting a finger to help or actively being part of the problem. And he just winds up looking like an ass.

Seriously, Pete, just STFU and get on with your sleuthing hijinks.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 12-11-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Maybe they team will include Veterans later on but I don't hold out much hope since this IS a sequel to W&TXM.
    I think in yesterday's issue breakdown he mentioned that Peter and Beast would have a science throw down.

Looking back now I really regret not asking if we could Flash could get an arc to help co teach. He's friends with Beast, he's bffs with Pete, he would be the perfect mentor for Hellion. Guess I'll have to wait till next X-Postion
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

this book completely offended me, the racism towards humans and spidey in this book was disgusting, no wonder why the world hates mutants, threw this in the dumpster at work, glad I made some of my money back selling the digital code

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Check out my review below, if you please.

http://www.comicosity.com/review-spi...d-the-x-men-1/
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    So far as the Spidey and kids interaction went, this was better than I thought it would be. Still silly, but much closer to being in-character than Aaron or Latour. Julian being genre-savvy was a bit on the nose, but also fitting given that the NXM kids have been through a lot more than the newer kids. The art was also a lot stronger than suggested in the previews. Not bad. I'll probably get the next issue.

But Spider-Man really needs to clam up about human-mutant relations. Generally, I ignore the lack of other Marvel heroes in the X-Books because yeah, the different franchise lines exist in the same universe, but don't really mess in each others' business. Everyone safely ignores everyone else. But when Spider-Man starts complaining about the X-Men being too isolated, too "us vs them", that just opens the door to the all the times mutants were hunted, had their civil rights trampled, and were literally hounded to the verge of extinction with Spidey and his Avengers pals either not lifting a finger to help or actively being part of the problem. And he just winds up looking like an ass.

Seriously, Pete, just STFU and get on with your sleuthing hijinks
    This post right here. It gets a like and 2 thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Hellion would like a word with you about "Development" since he gets reset like every other day. So... I disagree, the Teachers and staff would only enhance the story as they play off Spider-Man being there. Besides, the kids have had 2 volumes of W&TXM already and none of them have really stuck or actually grown beyond QQ being shoved down our throats which in turn has soured QQ to a lot of people thus making him a mixed bag. Heck, he's forced on us harder than Hope was and we all know what happened with Hope in regards to popularity.

Treading the "same old same old" path of the the past W&TXM volumes, which have struggled a great deal, is not the recipe for success and wastes Spider-Man's potential for being at the school.

Even acknowledging his previous accomplishments at all (while not actually having it be reflected in his abilities), is progress for Hellion these days in my book. And look at the guys that actually graduated JGS, all in perma-Limbo save Anole who was retconned back into being a student again. And I'd rather see a team fight mash-ups of Spidy villains and x villains then SHIELD, Avengers and other X-Men.

BANNED

Issue was stupid as hell everyone was out of character but Rockslide.

All-New Member minusblindfold02's Avatar

Was all the racism and hatred toward humans and Spider-Man because of the inversion or was it just bad writing? Also I thought Toad took off a long time ago from the school after the whole Husk thing.

Quote Originally Posted by minusblindfold02 View Post
    Was all the racism and hatred toward humans and Spider-Man because of the inversion or was it just bad writing? Also I thought Toad took off a long time ago from the school after the whole Husk thing.
    He came back to the school despite the Husk thing. THEN the ***holes fired him.

no thats what they learn at the JEAN GREY SCHOOL we can argue the x-men always have

Spectacular Member

Just bad writing. He probably tried to do the whole group of troublemakers and problem children thing but ended up making them just plain unlikeable. Also, the whole thing about trying to find which one turned traitor. Isn't that what telepaths are for?

Quote Originally Posted by idiyona View Post
    Just bad writing. He probably tried to do the whole group of troublemakers and problem children thing but ended up making them just plain unlikeable. Also, the whole thing about trying to find which one turned traitor. Isn't that what telepaths are for?
    The problem with writers and telepaths is they either solve all problems or are made useless. There often seems to be very little in between.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

I'll give it three more issues. Seriously these Mutie kids are lame just like they accused spiderman of being.