View Poll Results: When will Black Cat's run as mob boss will end?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • When Catwoman's run as crime boss ends

10 20.83%
  • When the Kingpin returns to reclaim it fro her

20 41.67%
  • She'll retain her crime boss status for as long as possible

4 8.33%
  • Until Peter Parker restores her memories of him as Spider-Man

14 29.17%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default How long will Black Cat's reign as Crime Boss will last?

Considering that Marvel might have gotten world(in advance) that Catwoman was going to be a crime boss, how convenient it was to make Felicia Hardy into one as well. I suppose that Marvel wanted to mirror Catwoman's success. But the question will be what will happen to the Black Cat once Catwoman story arc run as crime boss ends?

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I can't put a definitive marker on it, but I would say not very long as it doesn't strike me as her forte.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I see a fair bit of story potential with this, hopefully Dan gets a few years out of it as a story line.

It'll end with her dead.

I doubt the story has anything to do with what's going on with Batman.

It seems much more likely that writers on different books will have similar ideas than that Slott would immediately change his plans for Spider-Man to reflect what's going on in Batman.

It takes a while to make a comic, especially given Slott's modified Marvel-style approach to writing.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Selina's current status has been handled with a lot more class and respect to her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It takes a while to make a comic, especially given Slott's modified Marvel-style approach to writing.
    "Modified style" being make half the bollocks up as he goes along?

BANNED

i have a feeling it'll be short. but since this is comics and marvel it'd be pretty long which sucks because her portrayed as a villainb is insulting to both old and new comic readers and like stillanerd and songbird said it could be an attempt to push silk which is painful enough as it is. i don't see anyone loving the character either. with the writers of supernatural handlig her solo series then maybe i'll care.

I think Peter Parker should date Psylocke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Petotto Parkavius View Post
    that'd be nice. hell, i hope he dates captain marvel again. they should make a mini series about spiderman and anyone between carol danvers and jessica drew having an adventure as a couple like the latest superman and wonder woman mini series but more soap opera and meaning ful

BANNED

I guess I'll respond to each of the options in kind.

- Given the events of Superior Shadowland, Slott probably intended for there to be a power vacuum after SpOck was defeated, and given how the Stunner story was meant to set up Felicia seeking vengeance against SpOck, I doubt that Slott did this story specifically because of what was happening in Batman Eternal. It's just a simple coincidence, and I can't see him having heard about Selina's rise to power in advance. Even if he's copying Catwoman, he wouldn't end it simply because Selina's story there finishes, and even then, we don't know when that will end. Will it end with Eternal, and the Catwoman book gets cancelled due to sales, meaning that there's "no reason" to keep her like that? I think the new direction for the Catwoman book will give the book at least a little more life, and if it's something like the Catwoman book should end to "force" Slott to reverse what's happened with Felicia, that's really not fair to the Catwoman book. It also assumes that the only thing keeping this story going is Slott finding ways to copy Selina's story, and in spite of my opinion of Slott, I really can't see him approaching it like that.

- I could see the Kingpin's return being the end of this story, given what I was saying about the power vacuum. Considering what Songbird/Diamondback said about it ending with her dying, that's the most likely scenario of your four options where it would happen.

- I'm curious what you mean by she'll keep this status as long as possible. If it's like until Secret Wars happens, or if it's until Slott ends his run, then I have responses to both. If it's until Secret Wars, then that means he would have her reign end between Spider-Verse and Secret Wars. I think Slott is more likely to have this story end in something possibly in the vein of Ends of Earth, Darkest Hours, or Goblin Nation. I maintain the expectation that he'll have something like the Stunner arc between Spider-Verse and Secret Wars, though if he really does have an arc that ends this part of Felicia's story, then that's just what's going to happen. If you think it's going to last until the end of Slott's run, then I just can't see that happening. At all. To me, that would suggest that Felicia, Wilson, Mister Negative, or some other major villain who would grab the attention of Felicia specifically, would be the final villain of Slott's run. Maybe Felicia would play a minor role, but I would think that you'd want Felicia to the center of the story, since then it brings more attention to Felicia's role as a crime boss. Granted, this is because I'm expecting Doctor Octopus to be the final villain of Slott's run, but I just don't think that this is the kind of story Slott would want to end his run on. If it is, then there'd be more to it than just whatever happens to Felicia.

- If Peter restores Felicia's memories, that alone wouldn't make her stop everything she's doing. Even if she remembers who is behind the mask, is that going to make her just stop and go "Oh, okay, I guess I'll stop being a crime boss"? I don't think so. And even then, "Peter restores her memories" is too simplistic, though that's just personal preference for me. If/when her memories get restored, it won't be for her specifically. It's going to be a nation/world/universe-wide thing. Felicia could remember, but she won't be the only one. After that, I could see her just being one of many people reacting to their restored memories.

I'm going to vote for "When the Kingpin returns to reclaim it from her", since that just seems like the most likely scenario to me. I wouldn't be surprised if any of the other options, or really, none of them, end up being the reason Felicia stops being a crime boss, but out of your options specifically, that's the one that seems most likely to me.

I thought Shocker was the new Kingpin of Crime?

When someone finally replaces Slott, and they have actual talent in writing characterization and plot, we will see the return of the Felicia we all know and love.

BANNED

i picture matt fraction writing a great felicia but for now i want charles soule writing spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Selina's current status has been handled with a lot more class and respect to her character.

"Modified style" being make half the bollocks up as he goes along?
    Marvel style is a term for a form of writing comic scripts, in which the artist is given an outline, and the writer adds the dialogue later. Some people feel that it gives artists more flexibility to choreograph action sequences, and determine visual pacing.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Petotto Parkavius View Post
    A + X was the only time I saw them together and although I would like to see the aftermath of that issue.. I don't think they ever teamed up afterwards unless I"m wrong can someone tell me if their are any others?