View Poll Results: Who Else Will Be Retconned Into An Inhuman?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nightcrawler

2 2.50%
  • Rogue

14 17.50%
  • Storm

8 10.00%
  • Wolverine

17 21.25%
  • Beast/Iceman/Jean Grey

6 7.50%
  • Other

33 41.25%
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Sales for the Inhumans may also be due to the massive delays... My goodness did they miss the golden window, though AoS and the Inhuman movies may help the Inhuman comic franchise.

And if Marvel challenges it?

Do you honestly believe that Fox would fight tooth and nail for someone like Eyeboy?
    You are right they wouldn't fight tooth and nail because they wouldn't have to. Infact the burden of proof would be on Marvel to prove they aren't breaching the contract not Fox to prove they were. You don't have to sue someone for breach of contract if there is no legal issue to be debated. Which again there isn't they just fax a judge a paper and Marvel is legally required to stop or pay damages and stop. Do you really think that you have found some loophole that a person making hundreds of thousands of dollars practicing law has over looked? If things worked the way you think there would be 8 million star battle movies staring like sky crawler and han multiple and the continuing adventures of the kedi Knights.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 12-11-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    That policy only started going into effect once Disney took control, and it's not like it was an "off" switch they could through and *poof* no more new X-Men. Stuff that was already in the pipeline/production made it through because of the lead times.
    Except that they continue to introduce new X-characters, long after the Disney buy out. So, either:

1) The contract may not specifically include new X-characters introduced after the rights were bought (and indeed we haven't really seen any really recent creations, even in the future sequences of DoFP, that I can recall), or

2) It does, but Disney/Marvel is not all that fussed about it. They might not be as inclined to push a new X-character in a major way as if they retained the media rights themselves, I suppose, but that's not necessarily any reason to hamper the creative process on what are after all still some of their better selling periodicals.

Regardless of which it is (and I would agree if you say #2 is more likely, because why would Fox not want future X-Men to be included in the contract, and Marvel wasn't picky at that point), they continue to introduce at least minor new X-characters at going on 5 years after the purchase, more than enough time to address scripts already in work, so I can only conclude there's no such blanket policy. Not that I think of Malloy as the Great Character Find of 2014 or anything like that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GMT47 View Post
    Because this change is directly related to the films, I don't really see any main X-Men making the switch. There's no reason to bother with them if they still can't be used on film. Other noteworthy mutants they own the rights to will be making this change post haste, though. Namor is the biggest one that comes to mind that could be looking at a retcon.
    This. None of the main X-Men will be retconned into inhumans in the comics because Fox has complete rights to them.

As for the twins not being Magneto's children, that appears to be the case, however that hasn't been followed up on. It hasn't been confirmed by any other source than Wanda's spell. Perhaps Wanda screwed the spell up. Like she screwed up no more mutants (some mutants still retained their powers) and like she accidentally trapped Simon's powers and essence in Rogue. We need the story to confirm in some other manner that Magneto is not the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's father.

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Cyclops.
    Him finding out about being Inhuman would shake him to the very core and put him on major identity crisis, seeing how he's leading a mutant revolution, which will open up interesting storytelling directions for Bendis.
    I actually want this happen. It probably won't, but it would be brilliant. It would be hilarious but it would actually open up a great storytelling opportunity. An existential crisis on the level of no other. Like maybe he was experimented on as a kid or something and that involved terrigen.

On another note, a lot of characters were retconned as mutants back during the X-men's heyday despite not really being X-Men. They just wanted their mutant status to sell books. If people think some characters would change, it might be more realistic to look at those ones to be changed again. It wouldn't affect the X-books, but maybe put some minor characters back into use somewhere else which could be fun.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    Cyclops.

Him finding out about being Inhuman would shake him to the very core and put him on major identity crisis, seeing how he's leading a mutant revolution, which will open up interesting storytelling directions for Bendis.
    That would actually be interesting if done right.
    Dark does not mean deep.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Did this really happen? Wow.

Don't know if I care about Wanda and Pietro so much without the hook of them being Magneto's kids.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    And if Marvel challenges it?

Do you honestly believe that Fox would fight tooth and nail for someone like Eyeboy?
    Look up le the legal concept of "precedent" Once fox lets one theft go unchallenged stopping further theft becomes MUCH harder

Turning any of these guys Inhuman would be the final nail in the coffin, I would stop reading Marvel comics.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Except that they continue to introduce new X-characters, long after the Disney buy out. So, either:

1) The contract may not specifically include new X-characters introduced after the rights were bought (and indeed we haven't really seen any really recent creations, even in the future sequences of DoFP, that I can recall), or

2) It does, but Disney/Marvel is not all that fussed about it. They might not be as inclined to push a new X-character in a major way as if they retained the media rights themselves, I suppose, but that's not necessarily any reason to hamper the creative process on what are after all still some of their better selling periodicals.
    Disney probably prefer not to invest much time in creating new mutants because they wouldn't be able to use them in movies. They prefer that new, important, characters are not mutants so that they can use them. Anyway, if it really exists, that's just an internal policy. They won't care if their authors create secondary characters and they won't blindly follow such a policy if it hurts their own business. They still care about the X-Men comics and want them to be successful. They may just not be their priority compared to their others franchises.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I think a few people are a bit too heavily invested in the fantasy of corporate persecution of the X-men. The comics are selling well, the movies are making money, all is right with the world. If Marvel wants to make a few changes in order to better utilize the characters who don't wear an X on their jammies then let them. There hasn't been a reaping yet, and it's doubtful there ever will be. I'm looking at YOU, worried rumor mongers who vehemently declared six months ago that Axis was going to end with every single X-character ever being excised to some alt-universe.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I think a few people are a bit too heavily invested in the fantasy of corporate persecution of the X-men. The comics are selling well, the movies are making money, all is right with the world. If Marvel wants to make a few changes in order to better utilize the characters who don't wear an X on their jammies then let them. There hasn't been a reaping yet, and it's doubtful there ever will be. I'm looking at YOU, worried rumor mongers who vehemently declared six months ago that Axis was going to end with every single X-character ever being excised to some alt-universe.
    Wasn't the rumor actually that the X-Men would go evil and be portrayed as villains in the event, which, you know, turned out to be true.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage! View Post
    Wasn't the rumor actually that the X-Men would go evil and be portrayed as villains in the event, which, you know, turned out to be true.
    Yes, but facts get on the way of ridiculing the party that keeps getting proven right. When the dirtbag twins do show up as non-mutants they'll say we're claiming they'll be replaced by Esmeralda and Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLID MATTIC View Post
    What a bunch of sensationalist bullshit, they haven't retconned them as Inhumans at all. This potential reveal of Magneto not being the twins father (only if Wanda's spell worked correctly) is pretty dumb and so is AXIS for the most part imo but this is just a complete overreaction. It's almost as if some of you guys want them to become Inhumans so you can give Marvel the middle finger. How about we just wait a moment to see what is actually going on.
    Sir or madam, please stop using logic. It says on that scanned page that Scarlet Witch and Quicksliver are Inhumans....wait, it doesn't,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Sir or madam, please stop using logic. It says on that scanned page that Scarlet Witch and Quicksliver are Inhumans....wait, it doesn't,
    Not being related to Magneto and them being revealed to be Inhumans results in the same end goal really.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Turning any of these guys Inhuman would be the final nail in the coffin, I would stop reading Marvel comics.
    Yea agreed leave the xmen and their history alone. Its not broken and does not need to be fixed.