Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelmaniac6169 View Post
    IMO, unless they are stored in absolutely horrendous conditions or something stupid happens to them(spills, insects, rodents, etc) your books will outlive all of us.
    I think this all stems from my Marvel Premiere Classic of "Kraven's Last Hunt" hardcover falling apart so easily - 2 copies in a row...ten years ago. Book-Scarred me for life.

Spectacular Member marvelmaniac6169's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I think this all stems from my Marvel Premiere Classic of "Kraven's Last Hunt" hardcover falling apart so easily - 2 copies in a row...ten years ago. Book-Scarred me for life.
    My mistake,I did not know you were referring to hardcover books and their bindings, I was referring to comic books themselves although I have no experience with newer books.
    My books are all mid-70's and older and I assume they will still be sitting in their Mylar homes long after I am gone.

Eying Milligans X-Statix and Remenders Punisher Omnis. Opinions on these runs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I would recommend Punisher, I liked it. It's not the best read ever, but quite good. Really enjoyed Frank as Frankestein monster, it's crazy idea, over the top, but it worked somehow. At least for me. You get some 'meh' issues, it can be a little boring sometimes but Remender didn't streach story so you shouldn't get this felling: 'When would it end.' Moore's artwork is awesome.

X-Statix is still sitting on my shelf, I've seen only good opinions about it. Have to read it at some point.

I loved X-Statix with its unusual story and great art, but wouldn't touch a Punisher book.
    Last edited by DrGregatron; 12-24-2014 at 02:31 PM.

007 girl.

I like Remender's Punisher. I got my Omni on Ebay for $27.95, new, a bunch of them were being liquidated as Warehouse stock.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Fantastic Member

one of my fav superhero comics run. if you think you've read the "what would REAL superheroes be like?" spin too often already, this might be one of the most original ones, yet. also: really beautiful artwork by the allred couple.

Ooooor for just £10 more i could get the two Hickman FF Omnis.
    Decisions, decisions...

Hello folks. This is my first post on CBR though I am a long-time lurker, but thought this thread was particularly relevant right now.

I'm wondering about finally reading Civil War. As embarassing as it is, I am only familar with the story via cross-overs with other titles and have never read the core story. My question is whether I should go try to find a trade reading order (including crossovers) or hold out for a omnibus that could come out the same time as Cap 3.

What do you folks think?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    Hello folks. This is my first post on CBR though I am a long-time lurker, but thought this thread was particularly relevant right now.

I'm wondering about finally reading Civil War. As embarassing as it is, I am only familar with the story via cross-overs with other titles and have never read the core story. My question is whether I should go try to find a trade reading order (including crossovers) or hold out for a omnibus that could come out the same time as Cap 3.

What do you folks think?
    You're going to get many varied and colourful opinions on Civil War. My suggestion, grab a few trades. The tie-ins to civil war are sprawling and some of them are "unhelpful" for the event. Get Civil War, Spider-man, and Captain America. If you like those then start branching out. Check out Frontline if you like those.

To be honest, I feel like a CW omni is up in the air at this point. Wait if you like Omnis, or dive in if you like the story. But if an omni does come out, it won't be comprehensive and you may not like the material. There's no sure bets.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I'm hoping for a civil war boxed set, or at least an eventual reprint of the oop volumes.

Thanks for the response, friends. I am probably going to hold out a little longer and also hope for reprints. My local shop has some of the HC volumes but they are mighty expensive there, so will wait it out a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I'm hoping for a civil war boxed set
    I'm thinking this may be more likely than an omnibus. Especially if the secret wars one does well.

Also thinking they may do some kind of "complete collection" tpb series.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    A backup copy of Absolute Batman and Robin Reborn. It's a favorite story of mine and I'd hate to ever lose it or have it ruined...but a backup is expensive and possibly superfluous.
    On a rare occasion, if I REALLY like a book I will pick up a "loaner copy" (preferably the cheaper paperback or used copy if I come across one) to lend out to friends. That way I don't have to worry about a favorite book being ruined, paying for piece of mind I guess.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    To be honest, I feel like a CW omni is up in the air at this point. Wait if you like Omnis, or dive in if you like the story. But if an omni does come out, it won't be comprehensive and you may not like the material. There's no sure bets.
    with the event taking place in the cinematic universe soon, i also think the chance for an omni release is VERY big.