Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    with the event taking place in the cinematic universe soon, i also think the chance for an omni release is VERY big.
    This was my original train of thought. If not an omnibus, they will have to do something for a rerelease.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    This was my original train of thought. If not an omnibus, they will have to do something for a rerelease.
    I would expect to see either an Omnibus or two reprinting the whole Civil War series and relevant crossovers, or perhaps even a boxed/slipcase set similar to the 75th Anniversary Masterworks set or the upcoming Secret Wars boxed set.

On another note, would anyone like to give me their take on something I posted earlier in the thread?

I had written that while I'm a huge fan of Walter Simonson's THOR and a fan of mythology in general, I've never been into the New Gods. That being said, I'm tempted by the upcoming Orion Omnibus. Thoughts?

Also, the Star Slammers hardcover might be fun. Having never read any, however, I'm a bit unsure. What's the general take on that series?

Quote Originally Posted by Penultimate Warrior View Post
    I had written that while I'm a huge fan of Walter Simonson's THOR and a fan of mythology in general, I've never been into the New Gods. That being said, I'm tempted by the upcoming Orion Omnibus. Thoughts?
    I'm a huge fan of Kirby's Fourth World saga, so I'm a bit biased, but I highly recommend it. If liked Simonson's Thor, then I can't see you being disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Kirby's Fourth World saga, so I'm a bit biased, but I highly recommend it. If liked Simonson's Thor, then I can't see you being disappointed.
    Thanks. As I said, I'm definitely tempted by Simonson's Orion. Odds are I'll go for it.

Aspiring Underachiever Turn the Page's Avatar

Punisher Max by Jason Aaron:

http://www.amazon.ca/Punisher-Jason-...er+max+omnibus

Should I?

I just read Kingpin, and good lord it was incredible. I've been on a Jason Aaron kick lately.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Penultimate Warrior View Post
    I would expect to see either an Omnibus or two reprinting the whole Civil War series and relevant crossovers, or perhaps even a boxed/slipcase set similar to the 75th Anniversary Masterworks set or the upcoming Secret Wars boxed set.

On another note, would anyone like to give me their take on something I posted earlier in the thread?

Also, the Star Slammers hardcover might be fun. Having never read any, however, I'm a bit unsure. What's the general take on that series?
    I also pre-ordered it without knowing too much about it but there are some favourable online reviews and if you don't like it, you can still re-sell it. That's what's good about those omnis, they are pretty much collector items, which (mostly) hold on to their value. TPB collections – not so much.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64
    Personally I'm struggling with whether or not to buy a copy of absolute all-star batman and robin by Frank miller. I know the series was left unfinished and the planned conclusion, Batman : Boy wonder, might never be released.
    I already have the single issues plus the Tpb and I too was debating whether to get the Absolute book but while flipping through it at a B&N I dont know why the controversial issue #10 with the curse words is still censored.

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Turn the Page View Post
    Punisher Max by Jason Aaron:

http://www.amazon.ca/Punisher-Jason-...er+max+omnibus

Should I?

I just read Kingpin, and good lord it was incredible. I've been on a Jason Aaron kick lately.
    It's an awesome read, I have all the original comics but plan on picking the omnibus up if I get a good deal. (I got the actual comics for less).
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

All-New Member

If it were up to you guys, which should I pick up first; Uncanny Xmen Omni 1 or one of the Loeb Batman absolutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabiddolphin View Post
    If it were up to you guys, which should I pick up first; Uncanny Xmen Omni 1 or one of the Loeb Batman absolutes?
    Uncanny xmen omni is going oop (its already out of stock at Canadian websites) so buy that first.

Although honestly, I didnt like it as much as I was hoping I would. I found Claremont's writing was way to wordy, the characters were too shallow and one-dimensional, and Cyclops says "mister" way too often. If you know that you like comics from that era (bronze age) then buy it, but don't assume that you'll like it just because you enjoyed the movies.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-12-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Uncanny xmen omni is going oop (its already out of stock at Canadian websites) so buy that first.

Although honestly, I didnt like it as much as I was hoping I would. I found Claremont's writing was way to wordy, the characters were too shallow and one-dimensional, and Cyclops says "mister" way too often. If you know that you like comics from that era (bronze age) then buy it, but don't assume that you'll like it just because you enjoyed the movies.
    Shallow? One-dimensional? That's like the opposite of how Claremont wrote the X-Men. His characterization is why the X-Men became so popular under his tenure and why he was able to continue writing them for 16 years. It's true he could be wordy, but back then writers weren't asked to dumb it down to a 6th-grade or lower reading level--hence the big words.

Teen Titans by Will Pfeiffer, I was so hugely disappointed by Scott Lobdell`s Teen Titans run and I am sort of interested in buying the new run since it seems better than the last one. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Shallow? One-dimensional? That's like the opposite of how Claremont wrote the X-Men. His characterization is why the X-Men became so popular under his tenure and why he was able to continue writing them for 16 years. It's true he could be wordy, but back then writers weren't asked to dumb it down to a 6th-grade or lower reading level--hence the big words.
    I didn't say I wanted the writing to be "dumbed down". My reading level is actually beyond that of a sixth grader so the big-boy words Claremont uses are no problem. What bothers me is that he talks way too damn much and it ruins the flow of the story. That, And the writing can be really campy and melodramatic ("killed by my eyes! My cursed mutant energy-blasting eyes!")

Ive been reading this guy's blog and it echos perfectly how I feel about the book, he has all the same problems with it that I do:
    http://www.factualopinion.com/the_fa.../05/index.html (reads from bottom to top)
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-13-2015 at 04:44 PM.