Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: All-New Captain America, #2

• The new Hydra has formed, comprised of the most ruthless villains of the Marvel Universe as the great infiltration continues!
    • Cap uncovers the ultimate goal of the new Hydra but is it too late to stop them?
    • Cap and Nomad's new partnership is put to the ultimate test as they race to uncover The Sect of the Unknown!

Full article here.

BANNED

Honestly, I feel Remender is extending the Sharon Carter reveal as a Hydra Queen in Hopes many will forget issue #25 and in the first arc of Dimension Z where Zola try to imprint his glopy self into Steve Rogers.

I think Zola successfully did that with Sharon. (once again same story reinventing a tired patched to death wheel)

BANNED

Loved issue #1. Ready for more!

This series had an awesome start. Hope it continues. I love this new HYDRA team. Part of me wishes Steve and Bucky were around to face them as well.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    This series had an awesome start. Hope it continues. I love this new HYDRA team. Part of me wishes Steve and Bucky were around to face them as well.
    Team America (Cap, Buck, Falcon, Nomad) vs. Hydra would be something I'd be down with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Honestly, I feel Remender is extending the Sharon Carter reveal as a Hydra Queen in Hopes many will forget issue #25 and in the first arc of Dimension Z where Zola try to imprint his glopy self into Steve Rogers.

I think Zola successfully did that with Sharon. (once again same story reinventing a tired patched to death wheel)
    I think that's he extending the reveal because it doesn't exist.

1. The character was referred to as a "he."
    2. Even if Zola did possess her, why would he talk like he knew Sam so well? And actually on a personal level, not just a "I've fought you for so many years, I know you all too well!" kind of way. (considering who's all in HYDRA, I'm sure they have many members who all "know" Sam like that) Even the character's "voice" sounded nothing like Remender's Zola.
    3. The character was shown to be flying. I don't think being possessed by Zola is enough to do that.

Literally everything points away from that mysterious member of the Unknown Council being Sharon. I'm not sure why people are so hung up on this idea.

I feel like "All-New Captain America" has been a better Avengers Now reboot than "Thor" has been! This series is good so far, and I actually quite like the idea of a new Nomad.

Plus, all of the Cap villains teaming up on the new Cap? Pretty cool!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    I think that's he extending the reveal because it doesn't exist.

1. The character was referred to as a "he."
    2. Even if Zola did possess her, why would he talk like he knew Sam so well? And actually on a personal level, not just a "I've fought you for so many years, I know you all too well!" kind of way. (considering who's all in HYDRA, I'm sure they have many members who all "know" Sam like that) Even the character's "voice" sounded nothing like Remender's Zola.
    3. The character was shown to be flying. I don't think being possessed by Zola is enough to do that.

Literally everything points away from that mysterious member of the Unknown Council being Sharon. I'm not sure why people are so hung up on this idea.
    The mysterious character at the end of #25 is a she not a he. Go back and read it. You clearly haven't

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The mysterious character at the end of #25 is a she not a he. Go back and read it. You clearly haven't

In case you can't see it: "Ah, here he is now, right from the christening of the new Captain America."

I'm sorry, but who clearly hasn't read it...?

One of the other cloaked figures was shown to clearly be a woman, yes, but there's even less reason to think she's Sharon Carter than this guy is!

BANNED

I have been going back and forth on if I'm actually going to continue with this title. Originally, I was pumped for this series and Sam becoming Captain America to hopefully push him more into the spotlight. However, between Axis, the infinite ANCA mini, and the first issue of this book I'm beginning to feel that this is leading to a bait and switch on some levels. I was trying to overlook somethings and trying to stay positive but there are quite a few glaring occurrences that has my WTF flag raised.

Before anyone rushes in half cocked to defend the book take note of how things were handled in the infinite mini, then take a look at who actually defeated the villain in issue 1, and then notice some of the remarks sprinkled through out both titles. Could be nothing but honestly if the next issue has some of the same things going on I'm unfortunately going to be done with this book. I have been hoping for years that Sam would finally get his due and I refuse to pay full price for a title that is being advertised one way but is really a vehicle to uplift a character the writer created into popularity so he can reap the benefits down the line.

I hope I'm wrong with the assumptions that I am making but the evidence is somewhat staggering already.
    Last edited by Trident; 12-11-2014 at 04:55 PM.

What are you getting at Trident? Come out and say it.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    I feel like "All-New Captain America" has been a better Avengers Now reboot than "Thor" has been! This series is good so far, and I actually quite like the idea of a new Nomad.

Plus, all of the Cap villains teaming up on the new Cap? Pretty cool!
    Yea I like this team up against Sam as well, mainly because it emphasizes Sam's underdog quality. I could trust Steve going against this crew of bad guys, but Sam? In one sense Sam doesn't have Steve's super-soldier serum or unparalleled tactical mind. Still he's got the shield. He's got Nomad. He has the ability to fly and control over birds, which, though not terribly offensive, are things Steve never had. Maybe Sam's just got enough to beat these guys. And I'd like to see how.
    Can't wait for next issue!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I just read issue one yesterday, and I really liked it! This preview looks very good as well. I think this is the first comic I'm reading with Hydra in it, and I thought the Batroc fight was great last issue. So I'm excited to see more of Caps rogues go up against Sam and Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Yea I like this team up against Sam as well, mainly because it emphasizes Sam's underdog quality. I could trust Steve going against this crew of bad guys, but Sam? In one sense Sam doesn't have Steve's super-soldier serum or unparalleled tactical mind. Still he's got the shield. He's got Nomad. He has the ability to fly and control over birds, which, though not terribly offensive, are things Steve never had. Maybe Sam's just got enough to beat these guys. And I'd like to see how.
    Can't wait for next issue!
    Great points! Sam's always deserved this, glad to see him finally wield the shield. Hopefully it gets better from here, plus I'm a big Immonen fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I have been going back and forth on if I'm actually going to continue with this title. Originally, I was pumped for this series and Sam becoming Captain America to hopefully push him more into the spotlight. However, between Axis, the infinite ANCA mini, and the first issue of this book I'm beginning to feel that this is leading to a bait and switch on some levels. I was trying to overlook somethings and trying to stay positive but there are quite a few glaring occurrences that has my WTF flag raised.

Before anyone rushes in half cocked to defend the book take note of how things were handled in the infinite mini, then take a look at who actually defeated the villain in issue 1, and then notice some of the remarks sprinkled through out both titles. Could be nothing but honestly if the next issue has some of the same things going on I'm unfortunately going to be done with this book. I have been hoping for years that Sam would finally get his due and I refuse to pay full price for a title that is being advertised one way but is really a vehicle to uplift a character the writer created into popularity so he can reap the benefits down the line.

I hope I'm wrong with the assumptions that I am making but the evidence is somewhat staggering already.
    I share your trepidation. Haven't been 100% impressed with the handling of the All New Cap in other series, but I actually think in this particular title he comes across rather well. ANCA seems to hit the perfect balance of Sam as a competent hero but a new Cap.