Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    See, that's extremely important. If this is going to be Magneto and ex-children family drama, then give us the story. Show Magneto's grief, his introspection. This should be a major Magneto story, without making him look like a one-note monster villain, but a 3-dimensional human being. How Magneto is portrayed in the future, helps determine what exactly Marvel is up to. If they muck with his history too, or Magda's, we'll know that there's a bigger, more nefarious hidden agenda behind what we saw in AXIS #7. If Brevoort is being honest, and this is a story with a beginning, middle, and end, that exists for creative purposes, we should see Magneto being very human and sympathetic. Fans, even those who like him as a villain, might even feel sorry for him. (He loves Luna, for example; if Pietro is no longer his son, then Luna is no longer his granddaughter. That's gonna hurt.)
    Agreed. I thought it was touching how he still went to see how was Pietro and I thought about Luna at that moment. At least Remender is doing what he can to make Magneto sympathetic and I guess we will see Wanda´s reaction after she gets back to her right mind
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I never read it, but I'm thinking Breevort is hinting at Heroes Reborn, what with Onslaught probably coming back for the final act. Was there an apparatus ?

This is so ridiculously overblown. If Marvel was under some mandate to have their comics fall in line with the MCU, would Captain America be an old man? Would Ironman be a bad guy? Would Thor be a chick? Those 3 characters are essentially the pre-GOTG MCU and the comic versions couldn't be more different than the movie versions.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0n Huggins View Post
    I do remember that. It was an interesting development. They've said they have plans for that plot line. Can't wait to see where it goes.
    But you're right. It's been a few months and we haven't seen a white Nick Fury appear in a comic. Seems far for the course. But given the circumstances I can see ho -- :this weeks Guardians of the Galaxy Annual falls into lap: :begins reading:

Oh never mind.
    Nick Fury Sr. will not be making any meaningful appearances any time soon. Marvel has no reason and they have technically kept their end of the deal: Nick Fury hasn't actually gone "anywhere" and he is still technically a very integral aspect of the MU (since he is now the new Watcher) even if we will rarely see him in any meaningful capacity. It is a cop-out and Marvel knows it. One can speculate that a similar fate will meet the Mutants once Marvel inevitably retcons them (or at least as many individuals as they can) into Inhumans. Marvel, of course, could never wipe Mutants away (unless they give fans a big f*** you and reboot company-wide) because the X-Men have been so integral to their history, but I'd imagine something like shuttering them off to some publishing limbo a'la separate universe (e.g. Ultimate) where they will languish. But, really, as far as comics fans go, Marvel has far less to lose nowadays since their film/TV and associated merchandising lines are doing so well. As much as it disgusts me to stomach the inevitable mass retcons, I am intrigued to see to what lengths Marvel Comics will trash its comics fanbase.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rukkis View Post
    This is so ridiculously overblown. If Marvel was under some mandate to have their comics fall in line with the MCU, would Captain America be an old man? Would Ironman be a bad guy? Would Thor be a chick? Those 3 characters are essentially the pre-GOTG MCU and the comic versions couldn't be more different than the movie versions.
    Ah but this is easily explainable! Movies for those three heroes are either long done or not set to release for several years. Cap 3 is set to release in 2016 while Thor 3 won't be released until 2017. This gives more than enough time for the comics to try new things or be a vehicle for other stories. Falcon as the new Cap is probably to give the character greater visibility in time for the aforementioned Cap 3. Moreover, no one expects any of these status quos to stick for too long. In the case of Iron Man he will be back in no time, probably in time for Avengers 2 next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    The only way that the comics will attract that crowd is if Marvel cancels its entire line and replaces it with stuff that sort-of ties in with the MCU. And even then it's not a sure thing.
    Honestly, I'd think they'd do better to do a series of MCU (including AoS) prose tie-in novels. At most, a separate line of comics like Ultimate or the various cartoon tie-ins. You're never going to get more than superficial conformance between the movies and the main line of comics, and even that would be difficult to maintain.

But then, I don't really think that's what they're attempting to do, except perhaps in a few isolated areas or in respects that are easy enough to switch around, like costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by rukkis View Post
    Dude, the changes doesnt mean that they have to be constant and active at all times.
    The changes just have to happen to when they need to bring all stuff together when they want.

Ultimate Member

Let's see if Steve is still an old man by the time that Cap 3 comes out. Let's see if Thor is still a woman by the time that Thor 3 comes out. And we've gotten no hint of an IM 4, and Tony is appearing in Cap 3, and adaptation of CW. Given how much Marvel demonized him during CW, making him a "bad guy" now might very well be lining up with the films.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Let's see if Steve is still an old man by the time that Cap 3 comes out. Let's see if Thor is still a woman by the time that Thor 3 comes out. And we've gotten no hint of an IM 4, and Tony is appearing in Cap 3, and adaptation of CW. Given how much Marvel demonized him during CW, making him a "bad guy" now might very well be lining up with the films.
    Yeah wait and see, I guess. Meanwhile I'm going to read some pretty damn good Iron Man, Thor and Cap stories.

Ultimate Member

Thor=yes.

Cap=meh.

IM=Hell no. I'm so sick of the "bad guy" Tony crap that Marvel keeps doing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed. I thought it was touching how he still went to see how was Pietro and I thought about Luna at that moment. At least Remender is doing what he can to make Magneto sympathetic and I guess we will see Wanda´s reaction after she gets back to her right mind
    Poor Magneto in that scene. That just felt so unfair...I know he's a horrible father, but damn, that hurt to read.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I usually give Brevoort grief about a lot of things, but this is something clearly out of his hands. Given that he would even reference Polaris being the Scarlet Witch's sister without being pestered by the fans, I think that he (and some of Marvel's other creative talent) are probably looking into reversing this retcon as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I usually give Brevoort grief about a lot of things, but this is something clearly out of his hands. Given that he would even reference Polaris being the Scarlet Witch's sister without being pestered by the fans, I think that he (and some of Marvel's other creative talent) are probably looking into reversing this retcon as soon as possible.
    Ditto, I know he put a lot of work in Childen's Crusade. We will see how they handle the UA #1-2 revels and what kind of room it allows for.

Lorna's origional dead parents/robo Magneto retcon left enough holes for future writers to work with to undo that retcon in time.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Poor Magneto in that scene. That just felt so unfair...I know he's a horrible father, but damn, that hurt to read.
    Agreed I bet that hurted him a lot more than Wanda´s attack.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed I bet that hurted him a lot more than Wanda´s attack.
    I would bet you are right, think about it Magneto isn't not just their father anymore he isn't a grandfather anymore.