Page 103 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2478

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    God yes. Seeing it in action,I would be totally fine if they adapted her final Netflix costume.
    YES!! Elektra definitely needs a more contemporary look in comics.

I'd love to see Kris Anka's take on her look. I think he'd nail the design perfectly.

I think he could as well. He mostly seems to have an excellent eye for design.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    YES!! Elektra definitely needs a more contemporary look in comics.
    Agree 100%. While classic, that old needs to go...

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I'd love to see Kris Anka's take on her look. I think he'd nail the design perfectly.
    He draws quite an ugly Elektra unfortunately. I'll try and find the sketch he did of her but he made her look like a witch!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    He draws quite an ugly Elektra unfortunately. I'll try and find the sketch he did of her but he made her look like a witch!
    She was probably doing that weird thing with her mouth, too!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I know which one you are talking about... But you completely missed the point of what I was saying. I was talking about Anka designing a new Elektra outfit and not specifically her face. But you do know artists change/get better right? He might even toss in a little bit of Elodie's likeness into how she looks if he draws Elektra again.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 03-25-2016 at 10:12 AM.

I know which one you are talking about... But you completely missed the point of what I was saying. I was talking about Anka designing a new Elektra outfit and not specifically her face. But you do know artists change/get better right? He might even toss in a little bit of Elodie's likeness into how she looks if he draws Elektra again.
    That would be fine with me also, lol. Elodie's likeness in comics FTW!

Who is the other good costume designer at Marvel? McKelvie ?

I think Kris Anka is an incredible artist. I really like his style, which is very simple yet elegant.

IMO, he is one of the worst costume designers. I have yet to see a costume designed by him that I thought "WOW. That is a stunning looking costume!" Just my opinion, but if Marvel got someone to design a new costume, I would much rather it not be Kris Anka.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I think Kris Anka is an incredible artist. I really like his style, which is very simple yet elegant.

IMO, he is one of the worst costume designers. I have yet to see a costume designed by him that I thought "WOW. That is a stunning looking costume!" Just my opinion, but if Marvel got someone to design a new costume, I would much rather it not be Kris Anka.
    IMO, he's better than most of the Marvel artists who redesign the heroes. McKelvie's redesigns are overrated and seem to be missing final touches. His art is great though.

IMO, he's better than most of the Marvel artists who redesign the heroes. McKelvie's redesigns are overrated and seem to be missing final touches. His art is great though.
    I think there are a lot of artists that aren't very good at designing costumes, but are great artists nonetheless.

Despite how awesome I thought Jim Lee was as an artist, I think he's a terrible designer. For every great costume he designed with Rogue and Gambit, I felt he dropped the ball with characters like Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Nu52 Justice League, Mr. Majestic, etc.

There are some artists, while their designs are very much of their era, are great designers. I felt that Dave Cockrum had a lot of designs that were really similar, but he put together some really classic costumes. Costumes with character signatures, classically design that were strong enough to withstand years of artists drawing them.

With Anka, I am hard pressed to remember something he designed that I was like "WOW! That's a great re-design" while...someone like David Lopez has designed two costumes in a very short time that I think are wonderful, like Mockingbird's and that of X-23 as Wolverine. I cannot stand the yellow and blue Wolverine costume, but for X-23, it looks very cool. Just a few lines here and there have made a costume I absolutely abhor look pretty cool. Lopez did not re-invent any costume. He just adjusted a few lines and he did a tremendous job of updating pre-existing costumes.

I guess what I am saying is...if Kris Anka re-designs Elektra, he will get too bogged down in trying to make it practical. I personally do not like practicality in my costume. I want a costume that is a strong and striking design. Kris Anka would not be my choice for that, nor would Jamie McKelvie. David Lopez, on the other hand, just might be my ideal choice to take a crack at it.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I think there are a lot of artists that aren't very good at designing costumes, but are great artists nonetheless.

Despite how awesome I thought Jim Lee was as an artist, I think he's a terrible designer. For every great costume he designed with Rogue and Gambit, I felt he dropped the ball with characters like Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Nu52 Justice League, Mr. Majestic, etc.

There are some artists, while their designs are very much of their era, are great designers. I felt that Dave Cockrum had a lot of designs that were really similar, but he put together some really classic costumes. Costumes with character signatures, classically design that were strong enough to withstand years of artists drawing them.

With Anka, I am hard pressed to remember something he designed that I was like "WOW! That's a great re-design" while...someone like David Lopez has designed two costumes in a very short time that I think are wonderful, like Mockingbird's and that of X-23 as Wolverine. I cannot stand the yellow and blue Wolverine costume, but for X-23, it looks very cool. Just a few lines here and there have made a costume I absolutely abhor look pretty cool. Lopez did not re-invent any costume. He just adjusted a few lines and he did a tremendous job of updating pre-existing costumes.

I guess what I am saying is...if Kris Anka re-designs Elektra, he will get too bogged down in trying to make it practical. I personally do not like practicality in my costume. I want a costume that is a strong and striking design. Kris Anka would not be my choice for that, nor would Jamie McKelvie. David Lopez, on the other hand, just might be my ideal choice to take a crack at it.
    Yeah, I agree with most of your points. I just tossed out Anka as, after a character who's been wearing something super impractical for ALL of her 616 universe lifetime, he could bring something a little more practical while still bringing in elements of her more impractical look. As for what he's done, I loved his Wolverine redesign and his Psylocke one too.

Have you Marvel Heroes players seen her in-game model yet? I'm not impressed. Granted, I just saw screenshots, but still. Her costume clips through her legs and ****. It's not pretty...

I think the model itself is okay, but I honestly don't plan on using her default. Unless it's somehow horrendous, I'll be using the Netflix alternate

Elektra by Tim Sale.

TIM SALE elektra.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."