Page 125 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2478

I wonder if that thing on her right arm is one of the 'new toys' she'll be getting

Random observation: this new series begins in February. Her last series ended in February. What wonderful, melancholy symmetry.

Her new looks makes me think of Capcom's Strider
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

You know, someone else said that somewhere else and right now that's all I can see lol

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I actually am in love with the new costume, and the series' premise in general.
    This! I quite love the costume, exactly what I was hoping for.

I just don't quite like the ponytail. It takes a bit of the Elektra vibe for me, and she already lost it on her final Netflix costume anyway...

So they really did it? They gave her the crappy looking costume from the show?

UGH.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I dunno i'm kinda digging this new kunoichi inspired outfit, but i get the feeling that this new outfit will somehow play a part in the Defenders when elektra returns.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektraLover View Post
    I dunno i'm kinda digging this new kunoichi inspired outfit, but i get the feeling that this new outfit will somehow play a part in the Defenders when elektra returns.
    Really? She's going to wear a basic look like this? i figure she'll have what her final look was on the show only more red with some elements from the Hand (more cloth and less of the Melvin Potter materials).

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I did have a wonderful aha moment when I realized that Psylocke's comics costume was supposed to originally be a purple version of Elektra's since she was also abducted by the Hand.

That being said, there are female members of the Hand now who are somewhat conservatively dressed. In fact, they're dressed identically. But the one thing that stands out is the cloth over their mouth.

That costume is abysmal! All the iconic elements removed for the generic TV look.

Ultimate Member

Honestly I've never been all that fond of her old costume (except the sash). So it doesn't really bother me. Same with the "iconic" Jim Lee Psylocke costume for that matter. It was also awkward seeing them in comparison to all of the male ninjas out there.

If nothing else, it works for the whole running in a new direction theme. Maybe they'll give her another look when she returns to New York, something that's a blend of her final Netflix costume and her classic look.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Honestly I've never been all that fond of her old costume (except the sash). So it doesn't really bother me. Same with the "iconic" Jim Lee Psylocke costume for that matter. It was also awkward seeing them in comparison to all of the male ninjas out there.
    It is an odd contrast. There's no real reason for it. That being said, I do think there is something iconic about Elektra's costume. It may be overly problematic, but I do think it's iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    That costume is abysmal! All the iconic elements removed for the generic TV look.
    This is one of my biggest problems with comics, lately. If Captain America were designed today, he'd be wearing army fatigues, no helmet/mask, maybe a "futuristic" gun and a USA patch on the left arm. I can understand the need to remove sexual aspects of a characters, because the so-called casual readers might get the impression that all comic book fans are perverts, but what I don't understand is why creators cannot employ better design sense when it comes to designing full body costumes.

I love the full red, sexy and iconic Elektra look. I don't give a **** what people think, but I can think of 20 full body costumes for sueprheroes that are designed better than this piece of **** look she's sporting.

Marvel Comics in general have become a shame.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/