Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default USAvengers Appreciation (Americans Assemble For The Avengers!)

5776a39fcd850.jpg

Welcome to the appreciation thread for all things relating to the members of The Upcoming Series "USAvengers!" Written by Al Ewing And Drawn By Paco Medina

there's still a lot of time left(Either December or October....not really sure keep getting different dates from different articles)but that just means a lot of time to discuss S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Replacement!

Grill Up Some Burgers And Hotdogs and enjoy the ride folks

Toni Ho complete reading order:
    Iron Man: Fatal Frontier Infinite Comic #9
    The Family Origin!
    Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders #1-2
    The First Ever Appearance of Toni!
    All-New All-Different New Avengers #1-16
    Love with Robot Girl!
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

'Murica!

I surrender to the Contest

I wish Marvel would start reminding colour artists that Sunspot is black. Afro-Brazilian, not Latino.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I wish Marvel would start reminding colour artists that Sunspot is black. Afro-Brazilian, not Latino.
    https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/750282664247193600
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

it's about time we had some good old fashioned jingoism from the silver age (at least i think this is what it could be) but the tank with 2 cannons hmmm at that angle pretty sure firing could be a hazard
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    i get the feeling Al Ewing didn't like responding to that tweet deep down inside because it puts a giant target on Paco Medina's Back

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i get the feeling Al Ewing didn't like responding to that tweet deep down inside because it puts a giant target on Paco Medina's Back
    Not just Medina. The colour artist, too. And yeah, I suspect most writers are reluctant to dump on the people they work with.

BANNED

I see Ross as the lovable grumpy grandpa of the team

Spectacular Member

I'm interested in checking this out. Will be in especially if they bring in Smasher and the baby as supporting characters.
    Have you pre-ordered Nova yet? I have.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox83 View Post
    I'm interested in checking this out. Will be in especially if they bring in Smasher and the baby as supporting characters.
    I think there is a Shi'ar story comping up right? In Thor or something. I wonder if Smasher will be tied up there. For now Ewing's Ultimates is the most probable place they will show up.

So what exactly is the scenario setup here?

Does AIM have an exclusive contract with the US government now? Why the specific patriotic bent?

Where is John Walker?

Niffleheim

The Patriotic-bent is what will keep me for the first time from reading an Al Ewing's book.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    The Patriotic-bent is what will keep me for the first time from reading an Al Ewing's book.
    even if it's obviously satire? the financier of the team is a Brazilian football-playing mutant.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So what exactly is the scenario setup here?

Does AIM have an exclusive contract with the US government now? Why the specific patriotic bent?

Where is John Walker?
    The U.S. government wants to replace SHIELD, hence why they go to AIM to have them defend American interests.