Page 7 of 166 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    Yeah, I think as long as Waid and Samnee are doing their thing, DD's sales will be fine.

I really think Marvel need to make more of an effort pushing Elektra. Honestly I was on the fence with picking it up until I saw that splash of the Ballerina-Assassin and I was reeled in. If they whack some more preview art up as they move towards release, I'm sure they'd get more interest. Here's hoping!
    There are some preview pages for issue #2 further back on this thread that look stunning! And here is another splash page to drool over!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    Elektra #1 sold about 47K physical copies. That's not the best NOW launch, but I think it's a solid start for the book. Hopefully the issue was enough to grab readers for the next issue. I'm wanting this book to stable off at around 25K.
    The simple fact is that Elektra isn't one of Marvel's A-list characters (at least not in terms of public familiarity). So anyone who was expecting her to have top-level numbers was bound to be disappointed. As long as the sales are good and stay fairly consistent, then things should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The simple fact is that Elektra isn't one of Marvel's A-list characters (at least not in terms of public familiarity). So anyone who was expecting her to have top-level numbers was bound to be disappointed. As long as the sales are good and stay fairly consistent, then things should be fine.
    It debuted higher than I thought so I'm pleased!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Rand's Other Fist View Post
    As a big DD fan, I've always had an interest in Elektra without having followed everything she's been in. That being said, #1 of the new Elektra book was beeeeeyootiful and has me hooked already.
    Glad you checked it out and liked it! It seems almost everyone has enjoyed the book after actually trying it out.

With word of mouth, more of an advertising push, and this creative team I think this book can be a surprise hit.
    Last edited by tsaimelemoni; 05-13-2014 at 04:10 PM.

I finally read the Daredevil Epic collection:Fall from Grace tpb which covers Elektra's return. Not that impressed I'm afraid, the art is poor and Elektra becoming all dark again because a part of her essence that she left behind in Garrett after Elektra:Assassin is returned to her is just weird/dumb. Miller purists will not be pleased with the retconning of the end of Elektra:Assassin so it fits into the normal MU continuity either.

I guess you guys have seen the new preview? Man, that looks awesome. This has to be my new favorite book...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I guess you guys have seen the new preview? Man, that looks awesome. This has to be my new favorite book...
    Yep it looks amazing! Looks like Cape Crow got the drop on Scalphunter and Lady B though, the monsters must attack them thinking that they destroyed the eggs.

Crazy panel art from Elektra #3

I'm assuming this has something to do with Scalphunter as the black and white images relate to the Morlock Massacre. The top image is when Bullseye killed Karen Page and the imagery on the top right is of White Tiger (Angela Del Torro) and Black Tarantula and I think ties into Shadowland as both were killed and resurrected by he Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Yep it looks amazing! Looks like Cape Crow got the drop on Scalphunter and Lady B though, the monsters must attack them thinking that they destroyed the eggs.
    Yeah, they kinda deserved it. Walked into that trap like amateurs...

That is some crazy preview art!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    That is some crazy preview art!
    Del Mundo and Blackman have confirmed the image is Bloody Lips accessing the memories of people he has munched on. To the left is Scalphunter, Bullseye is in the middle (memories of him murdering Elektra and Karen Page) and Lady Bullseye on the right.

I am loving this villain.

Cover to #5

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I'm assuming this has something to do with Scalphunter as the black and white images relate to the Morlock Massacre.
    Check out that X-Factor costume! I was so disappointed when the New Mutants were left out of the Mutant Massacre, though. Really wanted to see what they could do...

New issue out today. Go hunt it down, Elektralytes!