Page 141 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2478

*sigh* My LCS didn't have any shelf copies of Elektra #4. I noticed their Elektra pile was still thick so guessing they slashed their orders.

I hate it when Marvel does stealth cancellations. I didn't preorder #4 since I thought it was an ongoing and I needed to make space for some indies. If I had known there were just two issues left, I'd have just finished the arc at least. Gonna have to order 4 & 5 online, now, I guess.

Really wish Marvel would do something similar to DC in the solicitations explicitly stating Story Arc Title, Part nnn.
    Last edited by rui no onna; 05-24-2017 at 06:27 PM.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

BANNED

This LS is so bad. The good thing is that you can actually look at it and take it as "maybe this is Netflix Elektra" the same way they've had LS of ultimate elektra. It just feels so OFF.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    This LS is so bad. The good thing is that you can actually look at it and take it as "maybe this is Netflix Elektra" the same way they've had LS of ultimate elektra. It just feels so OFF.
    Nothing about this series feels like Netflix Elektra. It barely even has her outfit.

Read my copy today. And yeah this is just very blah. The Quitely style art for this first half of the book was quite jarring and not a patch on Cabal. It sounds so wrong having Elektra speak with contractions and for Screwball to be any kind of threat to her, even with a power upgrade.

I'm sorta outta the loop when it comes to comics, most of my knowledge comes from wikipedia, and forum post. I've however decided to dive into the comic book realm as the time was right. I really loved Elektra on the Netflix series, Daredevil and want to learn more about the character. My knowledge of Elektra only consist of her showings in the god-awful Daredevil/Elektra films, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Other than that I don't know zilch about her. I decided today to pick up "Elektra: The Complete Collection by Peter Milligan, Larry Hama, and Mike Deadato Jr.", but wanted to know if there was anything essential to Elektra lore that I should be reading? I think she currently has a series out if I'm not mistaken, should I read that?

Quote Originally Posted by zatara View Post
    I'm sorta outta the loop when it comes to comics, most of my knowledge comes from wikipedia, and forum post. I've however decided to dive into the comic book realm as the time was right. I really loved Elektra on the Netflix series, Daredevil and want to learn more about the character. My knowledge of Elektra only consist of her showings in the god-awful Daredevil/Elektra films, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Other than that I don't know zilch about her. I decided today to pick up "Elektra: The Complete Collection by Peter Milligan, Larry Hama, and Mike Deadato Jr.", but wanted to know if there was anything essential to Elektra lore that I should be reading? I think she currently has a series out if I'm not mistaken, should I read that?
    I definitely wouldn't start with that book when trying to dive into her comics. I'd start with The Elektra Saga from the Daredevil comics. There's a collection called just that or you could get Daredevil Vol. 2 and 3 by Frank Miller (If it's like the Visionaries collections). Just depends on if you want just the Elektra story or the stuff that went on around that time too. After that, read "Elektra: Assassin" by Frank Miller and Bill S. it's a little trippy but it's a good story with some amazing art. Then, You could read Elektra Lives Again by Frank Miller. It's not necessarily cannon but it's a great story about Matt after the original Miller run. Then you could read anything from Her 2000's run with Bendis and Rucka writing on it. Then to Dark Reign: Elektra by Zeb Wells. Follow that up with the 2013(?) Elektra series. Then read the Peter Milligan one. I'm sure the other fans on here will add some insight on what to also check out.

I'd agree with everything on that list and add her Wolverine:Enemy of the State. She has a major supporting role in that story which ties heavily into her Dark Reign mini. Her recent guest appearance in Uncanny Avengers was also fun. If you want to see more of her relationship with The Punisher you can also check out Thunderbolts by Way and Soule.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I'd agree with everything on that list and add her Wolverine:Enemy of the State. She has a major supporting role in that story which ties heavily into her Dark Reign mini. Her recent guest appearance in Uncanny Avengers was also fun. If you want to see more of her relationship with The Punisher you can also check out Thunderbolts by Way and Soule.
    though no the best showing i would also add her run in shawdowland just so you get a view on her bond with Matt and the hand.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I thought her book in Shadowland was a strong point of that event because it mirrored what Matt was going through with the Beast quite well. That being said, I'm comparing it relative to Shadowland, not to her other stories, so that's not saying much.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I thought her book in Shadowland was a strong point of that event because it mirrored what Matt was going through with the Beast quite well. That being said, I'm comparing it relative to Shadowland, not to her other stories, so that's not saying much.
    Oh yes I forgot about her Shadowland one shot. That was great!

If that's the one with Emma Rios art, I'll agree. It was a great one-shot.

At least Elektra is still scoring the occasional variant cover. This one is for the Legacy one shot

So, last issue was today. By itself it wasn't bad, and I liked Elektra's Tron-esque final battle suit, it was like a tech version of what she'll have in the Defenders show.

However, as a whole, it reeks of being rushed due to cancellation and ultimately the story doesn't hold up in the slightest. But, she's back in New York now.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I said elsewhere that, if I didn't see this on a list of books coming out this week, I would have forgotten about it. This story would have been a very fun three issue story, but it was a drag by the end. I like the Tron-Elektra costume, though. The ending is weak. I didn't want Arcade to die but, under the circumstances, I didn't think Elektra would let him live. I also didn't really think the Kingpin ending necessarily set things up. Ideally, if the event is "Running with the Devil," Kingpin, Bullseye, Elektra, and Daredevil would all feel they're reaching the same direction and I can't say I saw that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?