Page 134 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2478

Granov!!!!!

Elektra #2 preview...

http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-elektra...ranov-variant/

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Going to check out the new Elektra solo. I'm pretty new to comics so I'm trying to expand my reads. Never read any Elektra solo before though (and I'm only reading the current Daredevil series atm, the only Daredevil thing I've read), but I quite like the DD Netflix show and liked Elodie Yung's Elektra so this has my curiosity.

Really wondering why they didn't go with the final costume from the tv show as an inspiration though? Even at that, I feel like that costume would have been made perfect if it was just more red. Same thing with DD's. Oh well, still like them. Here's to hoping I like the first issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Much better version! And liking the preview, even if the panel with her wrapped around that dude is a little hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Going to check out the new Elektra solo. I'm pretty new to comics so I'm trying to expand my reads. Never read any Elektra solo before though (and I'm only reading the current Daredevil series atm, the only Daredevil thing I've read), but I quite like the DD Netflix show and liked Elodie Yung's Elektra so this has my curiosity.

Really wondering why they didn't go with the final costume from the tv show as an inspiration though? Even at that, I feel like that costume would have been made perfect if it was just more red. Same thing with DD's. Oh well, still like them. Here's to hoping I like the first issue!
    Thanks for giving the series a try! So far I don't think you need to have read anything else for this to be accessible, especially if you're familiar with the Netflix version of the character. I also would like something a little closer to her final look from the show. I'm thinking we'll get there after this arc.

Let us know what you think of the issue!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    That is awesome!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I feel like this costume could be tweaked just a little to make it a little more interesting/functional. I also like her with brown eyes but that's just a personal preference...

I'm not too particular, but I do think the blue eyes really ups the intensity. Makes her expressions, like right before she killed the sleaze ball in issue one, really vibrant and 'pop'.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...tores-diamond/
    Elektra debuted at 30 in the top 100 for February, the highest of all the Daredevil related titles that launched last month.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Elektra debuted at 30 in the top 100 for February, the highest of all the Daredevil related titles that launched last month.
    That's cool. Good to hear that it's done that well.

Not too shabby!

Awesome, hopefully this shows Marvel that Elektra is still a fan favorite Heroine and we get more mainstream shine from her.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm curious what the # of books that placement represents.

Marvel knows Elektra is on that short list of fan favorite female characters. How do we know? The number of times she's had a series or mini/one shot during an event over the past 15 years. In comparison to say Hellcat, Wasp, Firestar or Sif. Elektra is right there with Black Widow, She-Hulk and Captain Marvel for female leads that seem to get in the revolving door on an ongoing/mini/one shot much more so than some others.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It'll be interesting to see if the momentum holds. Her placement is roughly the same as her last first issue, which was fairly strong when compared to the other female solos launched around then.

I think the character has a lot of potential, and has proven to be marketable (there seemed to be a time when she and Storm were the most visible marvel ladies in various merchandise, including the first Marvel Alliance game).

I feel like a lot of her momentum across the board was lost when her movie tanked. It seemed like they didn't know what to do with her. I'm hoping her widely accepted Netflix portrayal will be incentive enough to keep the character in a book more consistently, whether in a solo or team capacity.

Got my variants today!

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Mouth covering SUPERIOR, because it enhances the visual of her eyes.

Any opinions on her wrist bracer with a sheath for her sai?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

No opinions yet, because I'm not sure what it's for yet. Right now it's an odd bangle.