Page 100 of 166 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2478
    Ultimate Member

It is really a shame because I really loved Elodie and Elektra started out really cool. But now, and I hate saying this, I'm not really interested in her storyline going forward (unless they wrap this up really quickly and go to something different).

-I didn't like the changes and don't think that they work.
    -I do think that they contradict previous information.
    -At the end of the day, I ended up being far more captivated by The Punisher stuff.

And if they're going to do spoilers:
    The Beast, then it should be DAREDEVIL being possessed. Period, end of story for me. It doesn't work nearly as well if it's Elektra.
    end of spoilers

They just dropped the ball at the end imo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    spoilers:
    I think if they had been more clear about Black Sky then it might not have been so awkward. Or that The Hand actually worshipped the Beast like in the comics and they said that Black Sky was to it's conduit or champion. I'm thinking now that having Elektra not die at the hands of Bullseye will result in Karen getting killed by him in future seasons. There's no way they will kill Elektra twice that would literally be "overkill" but Karen getting her death at his hands would have more emotional impact in the long run.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm not really keen on seeing Karen die either. This show, for all of it's good qualities, is kind of iffy when it comes to it's female characters. So offing yet another one, just because it happened in the comics, no thanks.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It is really a shame because I really loved Elodie and Elektra started out really cool. But now, and I hate saying this, I'm not really interested in her storyline going forward (unless they wrap this up really quickly and go to something different).

-I didn't like the changes and don't think that they work.
    -I do think that they contradict previous information.
    -At the end of the day, I ended up being far more captivated by The Punisher stuff.

And if they're going to do spoilers:
    The Beast, then it should be DAREDEVIL being possessed. Period, end of story for me. It doesn't work nearly as well if it's Elektra.
    end of spoilers

They just dropped the ball at the end imo.
    spoilers:
    I think she will be brought back as the ultimate killing machine and Fisk will hire her from The Hand so that she and DD can fight once again. She will break free and then disappear at the end of the season.
    end of spoilers

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    spoilers:
    I wonder if she will be the Defenders villain or show up in S3. If she is, is she going to come back as Elektra or Elektra zombie? Or will she be Elektra under a trance and Matt needs to struggle with saving her or killing her. There's a whole lot of questions and I hope she doesn't end up dead at the end of wherever she appears next.

Just hope she isn't flung around like this in it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'd very much doubt it, for Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Daredevil to come together they'd need someone a bit more powerful than Elektra :P I mean Luke Cage could whip Elektra on his own.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Except it's absolutely not "for no reason."

spoilers:
    The season 1 episode with Stick? That's how they normally treat a Black Sky. Death, with extreme prejudice. Elektra got a pass because Stick got to her before the Hand did. He was raising their ultimate weapon to destroy them. Because he's a sentimental old bastard, when you get right down to it. But the mission comes first. That's why he abandoned Matt when he was forming a bond with him. So when Elektra left the Chaste to become an independent operator, she became too dangerous to let live, from Stick's perspective. He could treat her like a real person so long as she was useful, but as soon as she started thinking for herself she became as good as Hand. Far from "for no reason", it's actually perfectly consistent behavior from Stick. He can even love you, so long as you play his game. But when you stop, you're just in his way.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think the idea that she is SO dangerous to be out on loose doesn't work because his reaction is to send one guy after her. And that stick takes his time to send anyone is what bothered me, if she were such a threat when not in his control then he'd have killed her while she was wounded since he is so cut throat. But again, it just feels like bad writing.
    end of spoilers

Just finished watching and LOVED it. I don't care what changes they made. Elektra was awesome!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    spoilers:
    I'd very much doubt it, for Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Daredevil to come together they'd need someone a bit more powerful than Elektra :P I mean Luke Cage could whip Elektra on his own.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I think the idea that she is SO dangerous to be out on loose doesn't work because his reaction is to send one guy after her. And that stick takes his time to send anyone is what bothered me, if she were such a threat when not in his control then he'd have killed her while she was wounded since he is so cut throat. But again, it just feels like bad writing.
    end of spoilers
    I'm going to address this in spoilers for the most part...

spoilers:
    He didn't sent just one guy. He actually asks his men "which one" found her when they report back after she kills the first one. So he clearly sent more than one after her. You can take what went down a lot of different ways, but one of those ways is that the single dude who engaged her did so instead of waiting for backup. Because he was arrogant, and because the rest of the Chaste HATE her. Stick is the only reason they haven't tried killing her dozens of times already. And when she was wounded she A) hadn't yet decided to jump ship for team Daredevil and B) had Matt right there. One thing this series has been super clear on is Stick's affection for Matt. Stick lets Elektra have her moment, knowing she won't actually stay with Matt, and he can get a free shot at her without pissing of his golden boy.
    end of spoilers

That's not bad writing, that's subtle, nuanced writing. You don't have to like it, certainly. Not everything works for everybody. That's the beauty of some of this stuff, the way it gets us talking. But you not liking it doesn't make it bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I'm going to address this in spoilers for the most part...

spoilers:
    He didn't sent just one guy. He actually asks his men "which one" found her when they report back after she kills the first one. So he clearly sent more than one after her. You can take what went down a lot of different ways, but one of those ways is that the single dude who engaged her did so instead of waiting for backup. Because he was arrogant, and because the rest of the Chaste HATE her. Stick is the only reason they haven't tried killing her dozens of times already. And when she was wounded she A) hadn't yet decided to jump ship for team Daredevil and B) had Matt right there. One thing this series has been super clear on is Stick's affection for Matt. Stick lets Elektra have her moment, knowing she won't actually stay with Matt, and he can get a free shot at her without pissing of his golden boy.
    end of spoilers

That's not bad writing, that's subtle, nuanced writing. You don't have to like it, certainly. Not everything works for everybody. That's the beauty of some of this stuff, the way it gets us talking. But you not liking it doesn't make it bad writing.
    Very nice write up and I agree with everything said. Definitely helps with the last couple episodes and makes me appreciate them more.

Here's a commission by Alex Maleev of out favorite Marvel Assassin.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...reaking_banner
    Little interview about the new series. I like that they say they have "bags of story lines on the shelf" for Elektra. I really do think we are going to get spin off series for both her and The Punisher. Everyone is going crazy for them on social media.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...reaking_banner
    Little interview about the new series. I like that they say they have "bags of story lines on the shelf" for Elektra. I really do think we are going to get spin off series for both her and The Punisher. Everyone is going crazy for them on social media.
    That's the only way I'd be ok with a Punisher series getting greenlit. She'd have to get one too.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    That's the only way I'd be ok with a Punisher series getting greenlit. She'd have to get one too.
    Yeah it's both or nothing at all! I think we will get a full 13 episodes for Frank, but I think an Elektra story could be done in around 8? Sometimes less is more when it comes to tv shows.

I'm guessing Elektra's stuff will play out in Daredevil, at least for the time being (through Season 3). Count on Punisher to get his own series sooner than later, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I'm guessing Elektra's stuff will play out in Daredevil, at least for the time being (through Season 3). Count on Punisher to get his own series sooner than later, though...
    Yeah I do think if there is going to be spin offs, Elektra will first make her appearances in Season 3. I actually don't think Punisher will be back next year he will likely be on his own show instead.

Yeah I do think if there is going to be spin offs, Elektra will first make her appearances in Season 3. I actually don't think Punisher will be back next year he will likely be on his own show instead.
    Agreed. I figure Frank's part has, pretty much, played out. "See ya around, Red.". I was so happy with the Elektra stuff this season! Can't wait to see what she does next time!!!!!!!

You guys think that she'll be showing up in season 3? I'm putting my money on her showing up in the Defenders spoilers:
    as the main conflict with The Hand.
    end of spoilers

I am hoping when Elektra is inevitably resurrected by the Hand, they will adapt the comic book story of her going pure with her all in white. I would also like to see her story end on a positive open ended note with her being good, but off on her own adventure.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!