Page 106 of 166 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2478

Bonus pic of Elektra from Marvel Heroes:
    Ce91QS-UEAAA8Yt.jpg

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think I'd actually like it if Elektra spoilers:
    not wanting to kill
    end of spoilers was a sort of lasting effect, maybe leading into a solo bout.

It plays on what Rucka was trying to do with the character, which was honestly one of my favorite interpretations of Elektra on the page.

And her working with SHIELD (as an agent, maybe?) as a result of that is an idea that I like to play around with, like a shot at redemption almost. It'll definitely never last, but I think that it would be a wonderful take on things for a short while.

Elektra working for SHIELD on a regular basis would be cool. She could work with fellow Skrull abductee Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    I think I'd actually like it if Elektra spoilers:
    not wanting to kill
    end of spoilers was a sort of lasting effect, maybe leading into a solo bout.

It plays on what Rucka was trying to do with the character, which was honestly one of my favorite interpretations of Elektra on the page.

And her working with SHIELD (as an agent, maybe?) as a result of that is an idea that I like to play around with, like a shot at redemption almost. It'll definitely never last, but I think that it would be a wonderful take on things for a short while.
    I think it would definitely be interesting. While I like what Rucka tried to do, it's almost like we know it'll never last, and almost feels like a waste of time.

Something like this, where it's kind of more forced, might actually be better imo. It leaves a much larger opportunity for her to stick to that trait when the inevitable test of character comes. I think for Elektra to really change and grow, she needs some sort of impetus that works around her built-in tragedy/weakness, at least for a while.

It's a wonder Marvel isn't trying to cash in on her Netflix popularity and give her a book, or at least team her up with DD...

Yeah, I was surprised to learn her DD arc will only be two issues. But, with her playing a role, however small, in the current Avengers event, maybe they're dipping their toes into the idea of using her in the wider MU.

Jim Cheung just posted this on his tumblr

That is amazing. Love Cheung's work

I think it might be for some cover work. He has posted close ups of Iron Fist and Punisher, plus a few Spidey images likely from 'Dead No More'. Maybe Elektra is going to play a role in Civil War II? I sort of hope she doesn't as I don't want to pick up that crossover ha ha!

Haha, I'm on a budget till I defend my thesis, so I kinda hope not too!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised to learn her DD arc will only be two issues. But, with her playing a role, however small, in the current Avengers event, maybe they're dipping their toes into the idea of using her in the wider MU.
    Whats the Avengers event she'll be in? Sorry, I'm a little behind on things, comic wise.

No worries, me too. I actually thought the event in question was already over!

It's the Avengers Standoff books. As far as I can tell, she made her very minor (as in, you wouldn't know it's her) appearance in the Welcome to Pleasant Hill issue, which I think hit last month or in February, then she'll be making the appearance in Illuminati #6. Don't know how involved she is otherwise, unfortunately.

Ultimately I think it'll be a small, nonessential role.

Is "Elektra Lives Again" considered canon?

I read it for the first time last night and was somewhat confused. At first I thought maybe the entire story was Murdock's dream, but I am not entirely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Is "Elektra Lives Again" considered canon?

I read it for the first time last night and was somewhat confused. At first I thought maybe the entire story was Murdock's dream, but I am not entirely sure.
    Lives Again is non canon what with Elektra and Bullseye both dying. I think originally Miller hoped it would be. I don't think Assassin was originally meant to be canon but it was made canon with a few tweaks in the 'Fall from Grace' storyline in Daredevil during the Nineties.

You know, that close-up of her on the login screen isn't all that great. Her eyes are way too far apart. Looks like TheDink is phoning it in nowadays...