Page 11 of 166 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Here's Del Mndo's designs for the cover.
    I love seeing the transition from idea into final image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I didn't realize #3 came out this week! I was thinking it was next week, for some reason. My son and I are both pretty stoked about it...
    Well, I hope you immediately rushed out and got it Let us know what you think after you've had a chance to read it!

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    Michael Del Mundo cover artwork for Elektra #3

Good God, that's superb.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Yeah, we'll see. If it stays around 23 24, I think it'll be fine.
    20k is the new 30k. Even the big name titles are feeling the price increase and higher level of competition. I'll be concerned if this current issue is under 20k, though.

True. The estimates for this issue will kinda set the stage for this titles future.

Though I will try not to obsess over it, lol. I will enjoy whatever time we have with thjs great series.

Hey, I'm interested in picking this title up after I seen the art for it, which is amazing! Like, really amazing. I think it might be the best art style I've ever seen in a comic! I really love it. However, is the writing any good? And after reading back over the thread, I see it's not doing that well with sales. Is there a chance it's going to see an early cancellation? I don't want that to happen after having the same experience with the Red She-Hulk series, which only got 10 issues.

I guess I'm asking for a well informed opinion about the book. I know I'm talking to the converted here in this appreciation thread, but if any of you can give me a less biased opinion on the title, i'd appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Hey, I'm interested in picking this title up after I seen the art for it, which is amazing! Like, really amazing. I think it might be the best art style I've ever seen in a comic! I really love it. However, is the writing any good? And after reading back over the thread, I see it's not doing that well with sales. Is there a chance it's going to see an early cancellation? I don't want that to happen after having the same experience with the Red She-Hulk series, which only got 10 issues.

I guess I'm asking for a well informed opinion about the book. I know I'm talking to the converted here in this appreciation thread, but if any of you can give me a less biased opinion on the title, i'd appreciate that!
    Well you're right about talking to the converted lol! The book is IMO fantastic! The synergy between writer and artist is the best I have ever seen in a comic and you don't have to have a huge amount of knowledge about Elektra as it is very accessible. If you want a less biased opinion a quick google search for reviews of the issues so far will show you the high praise and critical acclaim the book is getting. Us fans are a little concerned about the sales drop off so you would be doing us all a favour in picking up all 3 issues and helping the cause.

Stupid double post!
    Last edited by scouse mouse; 06-19-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Scouse gave some great words, this book is fantastic in all areas.

Re the sales...I think some of us are being paranoid, frankly. With only estimates for two issues, it's too early to say. If it keeps selling at the level #2 did, it will he right there with Black Widow, which no one is worried about.

I hope you pick it up and enjoy it!

I was a tad bit underwhelmed by issue 3 but it was still a good issue/

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

I'd definitely check it out. As you mentioned, the art is great and what Del Mundo does with layouts is truly a thing of beauty. Like Scouse Mouse said, the writing and art fit perfectly together, the double page spread in Issue 1 is there to enhance Elektra's personality as well as move the story along. As it's still in its infancy, I'd recommend jumping aboard. Hopefully it'll stick around for a while, but even if it doesn't, it'll be a good ride whilst it's about.

While Not initially comic related news, We may be seeing Elektra make a live action return.. As Rosario Dawson has been casted as a very dedicated and Headstrong "Unnamed Female" who crosses paths with Matt Murdock in hell's kitchen. This is all part of a Daredevil Series coming to Netflicks in 2015.

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/dared...on-as-elektra/

So What do you guys think of Rosario Dawson as potentially Elektra?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Big Elektra fan here, and I had a huge moment when I met Bill Sienkiewicz at Motor City Comic Con in May. He even signed a copy of my Daredevil Graphic Novel Love & War.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ElektraLover View Post
    While Not initially comic related news, We may be seeing Elektra make a live action return.. As Rosario Dawson has been casted as a very dedicated and Headstrong "Unnamed Female" who crosses paths with Matt Murdock in hell's kitchen. This is all part of a Daredevil Series coming to Netflicks in 2015.

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/dared...on-as-elektra/

Two things:

1. I'm not 100% convinced that she will be playing Elektra, although it is a very real possibility.
    2. If she is in fact playing Elektra, then I'm perfectly happy with the casting choice.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

And after reading back over the thread, I see it's not doing that well with sales. Is there a chance it's going to see an early cancellation?
    This is why I am really hoping there's no fuss over sales numbers. Granted, maybe only a dozen people check this thread, but we all like the book and positivity is vital.

As a fellow Supergirl fan, I have to say Blackman's writing reminds me a bit of the Green/Johnson issues, although the plot couldn't be more different. Decompression is good when done right, and here Blackman gives the story enough space to feel the depth of the main character's solitary worldview and the mood of the delicately twisting plot. In combination with the fabulous Del Mundo, we get these massive spreads packed with beautiful details and it's astrong and unique demonstration of economic storytelling. The supporting characters (3 issues in, mostly antagonists) are very appropriate and clearly worth exploring. It actually sort of reminds me of Jason Aaron's Thor where epic plots go, and I don't think I'll be complaining if they play out this particular storyline through the year because it definitely has legs.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektraLover View Post

From what I've seen of her she's really pleasant and (very importantly) enthusiastic. I'm not sure if she can fit but I'm down to see her try.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Big Elektra fan here, and I had a huge moment when I met Bill Sienkiewicz at Motor City Comic Con in May. He even signed a copy of my Daredevil Graphic Novel Love & War.
    He's my all time favorite. I have an entire longbox full of stuff to get signed, maybe I'll just have him sign the side of the box.