Page 12 of 166 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

1403325877299.jpg

Speaking of Rosario Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by ElektraLover View Post
    While Not initially comic related news, We may be seeing Elektra make a live action return.. As Rosario Dawson has been casted as a very dedicated and Headstrong "Unnamed Female" who crosses paths with Matt Murdock in hell's kitchen. This is all part of a Daredevil Series coming to Netflicks in 2015.

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/dared...on-as-elektra/

So What do you guys think of Rosario Dawson as potentially Elektra?
    I love Rosario Dawson but I don't think I could buy her as Elektra. Who she will play I can't really guess at. I thought maybe Echo but she is an odd choice to include in the first series. She maybe a race swapped Karen Page which wouldn't be a problem for me, though it might be for some.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Big Elektra fan here, and I had a huge moment when I met Bill Sienkiewicz at Motor City Comic Con in May. He even signed a copy of my Daredevil Graphic Novel Love & War.
    That must have been amazing! I hope that when Del Mundo has to take a break Marvel manage to get Sienkiewicz to do a fill in arc. To see Elektra interiors by him again would be glorious!

Ultimate Member

It'd be such a waste to cast her in such a role. She needs to play a "costumed" character of some kind.

Hey, so I went to my comic book store today and managed to pick up issue #1, #2 & #3! I was actually a little concerned because the store had at least 10+ copies of all 3 issues left! I'm not sure what to make of that, given issue #1 was released 2 months ago now. Good sign or bad sign?

Anyway, I just flicked through to see some of the absolutely amazing art this book has, but I'll read all 3 issues later and let you know what I think! Looking forward to reading them. That art! *drools*

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Hey, so I went to my comic book store today and managed to pick up issue #1, #2 & #3! I was actually a little concerned because the store had at least 10+ copies of all 3 issues left! I'm not sure what to make of that, given issue #1 was released 2 months ago now. Good sign or bad sign?

Anyway, I just flicked through to see some of the absolutely amazing art this book has, but I'll read all 3 issues later and let you know what I think! Looking forward to reading them. That art! *drools*
    Depends on the region, whether your lcs has over-ordered, etc. My lcs has sold out of each issue before eob on the wednesday they were released.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I love Rosario Dawson but I don't think I could buy her as Elektra. Who she will play I can't really guess at. I thought maybe Echo but she is an odd choice to include in the first series. She maybe a race swapped Karen Page which wouldn't be a problem for me, though it might be for some.

That must have been amazing! I hope that when Del Mundo has to take a break Marvel manage to get Sienkiewicz to do a fill in arc. To see Elektra interiors by him again would be glorious!
    I think she could play the role, but I have a feeling they will be slow to introduce the character.

She may well play a detective or have a role similar to Kirsten McDuffie. I have a feeling they wont rush right into Elektra. That way Daredevil can stand on its own two feet rather then rehasing what fox did.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    She may well play a detective or have a role similar to Kirsten McDuffie. I have a feeling they wont rush right into Elektra. That way Daredevil can stand on its own two feet rather then rehasing what fox did.
    The more I think of it, the more I'm sure she's Night Nurse. May be why they haven't revealed the name, the character would be super unknown to the casual audience.

So I've read the first 3 issues now.

Art, like I already stated in earlier posts, for me is some of the best art I've seen in a comic ever. Del Mundo is the first comic artist who I am going to actively follow when they do different titles from now on. It's amazing, 'nuff said.

The writing is also excellent! First time reading Blackman's work for me too, but like the art, I think it is really good. It's hard to tell if the art is making the writing look even better than it really is, but I think the layout of the art and text works really well, I mean it all just flows really well on the page. That's just it, the book "flows" really well if you know what I mean.

The story is really engaging too. I don't know much about Elektra going into this series, but this book filled me in with what I needed to know. I think the story works really well for a new reader like me, since it's over-all plot is simple enough: Assassin going on a mission for money. Then Blackman throws in some interesting elements with this Australian cannibal character (do we learn his name yet?) & Cape Crow's son. And by the conclusion of issue #3, things have taken a really interesting twist.

I'm sold on the title. Glad I decided to pick it up & I'd easily recommend it to anyone who might be considering picking it up & even urge people who don't know/care about Elektra to pick this title up!

So glad you like it! Thank you for trying the book

So far, we only know that the villain was named Bloody Lips by whatever the entity is that he refers to as the Serpent.

Welcome to the cult-er, club, new Elektralyte! Go now and proselytize for the Lady of the Sai

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Much better option, one because it's a relevant character that seems to fit her personality, and two because these shows aren't really trying to club people over the head with superheroes.

It's hard to tell if the art is making the writing look even better than it really is
    Blackman it probably doomed to this theory, but MDM and JHW3 are two of the very best out there and I don't think working with them is luck.

Glad you liked it.

So I've read the first 3 issues now.

Art, like I already stated in earlier posts, for me is some of the best art I've seen in a comic ever. Del Mundo is the first comic artist who I am going to actively follow when they do different titles from now on. It's amazing, 'nuff said.

The writing is also excellent! First time reading Blackman's work for me too, but like the art, I think it is really good. It's hard to tell if the art is making the writing look even better than it really is, but I think the layout of the art and text works really well, I mean it all just flows really well on the page. That's just it, the book "flows" really well if you know what I mean.

The story is really engaging too. I don't know much about Elektra going into this series, but this book filled me in with what I needed to know. I think the story works really well for a new reader like me, since it's over-all plot is simple enough: Assassin going on a mission for money. Then Blackman throws in some interesting elements with this Australian cannibal character (do we learn his name yet?) & Cape Crow's son. And by the conclusion of issue #3, things have taken a really interesting twist.

I'm sold on the title. Glad I decided to pick it up & I'd easily recommend it to anyone who might be considering picking it up & even urge people who don't know/care about Elektra to pick this title up!
    Glad you liked it. It would've been quite embarrassing if you had bought them and hated them!

I don't know much about Elektra going into this series, but this book filled me in with what I needed to know.
    Same here. Never read Elektra before this series and I'm loving it, so far. My son and I both can't wait for the new issues to come out...

Painting done for HeroesCon. I hope Noto gets to draw her again in the future

Noto's Elektra looks even better than his Widow. Hard to believe, eh?