Page 120 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2478
    BANNED

tsaimelemoni :
    UA? first arc was weak
    second was good
    third arc was great

issues 13+ civil war 2 Tie in

Thanks for the breakdown! Reading about people's thoughts on the first arc is really what made me stay away, then I stopped paying attention to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I was buying it before Secret Wars, but didn't pick it up after. I need to go back and buy the previous issues of this run
    I've been really enjoying it. Rogue and Cable are my favourites.

BANNED

tsaimelemoni:
    Thanks for the breakdown! Reading about people's thoughts on the first arc is really what made me stay away,
    I can understand why.

You may also start with Avengers Standoff and then go to issues 9+
    Uncanny Avengers 6
    Avengers Standoff: Welcome to Pleasant Hill #1 -
    Avengers Standoff: Assault On Pleasant Hill Alpha #1
    Captain America: Sam Wilson #7-8
    Uncanny Avengers Vol 3 #7
    All-New, All-Different Avengers #7 - ua is important
    Uncanny Avengers Vol 3 #8
    All-New, All-Different Avengers #8 - ua is important
    Avengers Standoff: Assault On Pleasant Hill Omega #1
    Uncanny Avengers 9+

I've read AoS#9. Elektra has a good showing here, even if she is a bit of a bossy bitch at times! There's some nice continuity nods to Wolverine:EOTS however her recent imprisonment in Pleasentville isn't referenced and Maria Hill acts a lot cooler towards her compared to how they were during her last ongoing.

Yeah, it wasn't a bad appearance actually. Though I wish Elektra would have brought up that SHIELD overlooked the incident because she was working as a double agent for Fury. I mean, they kinda hint at it, but...

I look forward to more May/Elektra interaction, and I'm expecting the whole Pleasantville thing to never be mentioned.

Yeah, it wasn't a bad appearance actually. Though I wish Elektra would have brought up that SHIELD overlooked the incident because she was working as a double agent for Fury. I mean, they kinda hint at it, but...

I look forward to more May/Elektra interaction, and I'm expecting the whole Pleasantville thing to never be mentioned.
    Yeah her stint in Pleasantville definitely deserves to be forgotten!

I've also got to say, I'm starting to read Elektra with Elodie's voice now.

And by the end of this issue,I kinda like the costume. I think that's more this particular artist, but it kinda works.

I've also got to say, I'm starting to read Elektra with Elodie's voice now.

And by the end of this issue,I kinda like the costume. I think that's more this particular artist, but it kinda works.
    I don't hear Elodie's voice when I read Elektra. Can't say exactly what I hear but it isn't her lol! The interior artist does draw the costume better than the cover artist but I'm still not digging it.

Yeah, I can't wait to see her back in her classic duds in UA. I still want a redesign, but I want something better than this (even if it is kinda growing on me).

And the voice thing is weird...because though I love Elodie as Elektra, her voice seems wrong for the comic version lol.

BANNED

I agree. Elodie is fine but as the voice for the comic version of Elektra not so.

I kind of hear Elodie as well but I don't mind it. She does a great job with the character and it's a whole lot better than any voice over actress who has voiced her or Jennifer Garner.

So true. Most VAs (maybe all?) Just do an average American accent with a 'tough girl' veneer.

And Jennifer Garner was just ... Jennifer Garner.

I'm sure I'll get used to it. Elektra hasn't had a ton of appearances since the show, so it's just new.

Elektra is in today's Uncanny Avengers, don't forget! It was good, if standard Elektra/ninja stuff, looking forward to the next couple of issues

It was a great read. Loved the art, Pepe Larraz draws an excellent Elektra. Human Torch was rather cheeky in his comment about working with her but I'll let him off.