Page 129 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2478
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Confirmation of the artist switch for the Elektra series.
    http://www.newsarama.com/32632-elekt...rst-issue.html
    So.... what's the new artist like?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    So.... what's the new artist like?
    Wolverines #17 was the only work of his I could find, it's ok for a fill-in but nothing groundbreaking. Unless he dramatically improved his style for this, I'm not too optimistic... There are so many great artists out there who would kill it in an Elektra book, a lot of them women. It's disheartening to see how this was thrown together.

I agree Alec Morgan is a better fit for Bullseye at least, I wasn't too keen on him working on Elektra either.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

They should get Bill Sienkewicz to ink it at least
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Wolverines #17 was the only work of his I could find, it's ok for a fill-in but nothing groundbreaking. Unless he dramatically improved his style for this, I'm not too optimistic... There are so many great artists out there who would kill it in an Elektra book, a lot of them women. It's disheartening to see how this was thrown together.

I agree Alec Morgan is a better fit for Bullseye at least, I wasn't too keen on him working on Elektra either.
    I didn't like the look of Alec Morgan's work so I'm not unhappy he has moved on, but I agree this does seem all rather thrown together at the last minute. Elektra always seems to lose a creator on her titles. Zeb Wells had to quit her last ongoing after he was announced. Although we got an amazing run from Haden Blackman instead.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Confirmation of the artist switch for the Elektra series.
    http://www.newsarama.com/32632-elekt...rst-issue.html
    I haven't seen much of his stuff, but at least he's doing the first issue as well. I'd hate to see immediate artistic incongruity.

His does stuff seem better suited than Morgan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's like the Hidden Blades from Assassin's Creed?
    Could be. I think it'd look a tad silly, but at this point anything is on the table really.

Hate to post too often, but...as an FYI, you can now subscribe to the new volume on comixology. Feb. 22, here we come!

New Elektra interview with Matt Owens and some inked preview pages from Juan Cabal. The art looks way better than the work I had seen from him before, that's a pretty cool looking fight scene.

I don't see the Vegas setting lasting more than the first arc, though. Or the whole "stay out of New York" editorial mandate for that matter if they're trying to build a Daredevil mini universe. Wish Owens would've at least acknowledged her last ongoing...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    New Elektra interview with Matt Owens and some inked preview pages from Juan Cabal. The art looks way better than the work I had seen from him before, that's a pretty cool looking fight scene.

I don't see the Vegas setting lasting more than the first arc, though. Or the whole "stay out of New York" editorial mandate for that matter if they're trying to build a Daredevil mini universe. Wish Owens would've at least acknowledged her last ongoing...

This looks really great. Absolutely looking forward to this.

The art reminds me of Frank Cho a little bit. It's not bad but I'm back to disliking her costume again.

I HATE her costume. This is not my Elektra...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    It'll go back to her more classic look eventually. They always do. It's like a characters death...they come back, case in point, oh--Elektra!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It'll go back to her more classic look eventually. They always do. It's like a characters death...they come back, case in point, oh--Elektra!
    It better had do! It just looks so bland in those panels! It actually looked really good drawn by Siekiewicz, maybe because he drew her tall and lean. She looks kind of short in Cabal's art and her boobs look too big!

Boobs are a bit much, but I like the action

And I know it's impractical and probably sexist but she looks better with heels!