Page 135 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2478

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Elektra (Netflix costume) in "Marvel Future Fight"
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Her wrist contraption has been somewhat mentioned in the latest issue. spoilers:
    It's Elektra's version of Widow's fisticuffs it seems. She uses it as a grapple.
    end of spoilers Only spoiling the use, nothing else from #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post

Elektra (Netflix costume) in "Marvel Future Fight"
    Still think they should have used that costume as a jumping off point for her new look.

I'm glad the writer revealed one use. I was going to be upset if they glossed over it again lol.

New Defenders promo art, with what could be Elektra right under Sigourney Weaver...

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/...t-joe-quesada/

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    New Defenders promo art, with what could be Elektra right under Sigourney Weaver...

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/...t-joe-quesada/
    Interesting. I hope it is. It means her role will be larger. I need a trailer for this to be released ASAP!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

So I was looking at Daredevil #168 last night and noticed something that I found very interesting. For a long time, people have complained that Sais aren't really stabbing weapons and that Elektra often uses hers backwards (what we treat as the handle is actually the part that gets used to hit people with). I just realized that, in her first appearance, they're used completely accurately. She uses the "pointy" parts (which aren't drawn any more pointy than real life) to block weapons. Otherwise, she hits people with the other end.

I also noticed that she has brown eyes in that story while she has blue eyes now. Any idea when that changed? Is that new for this story?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Even in some of the physics defying moments, I really enjoyed the broad range of use Miller employed. They really felt like an essential aspect of her character. Jumping to the netflix show, I'm glad they use them as stabbing weapons rather than slashing weapons, like the movies which shall not be named did or even the comics do. It's not super far fetched to imagine Elektra or other warriors sharpening them, but no amount of sharpening will let you use them like a knife or sword.

To the eyes, I can't remember when they changed. Some of the reprinted material, or as it's presented in other media like the documentaries in the special features of the movies that shall not be named, have them as blue. Her eye color actually changes pretty regularly between blue and green, occasionally going back to brown like in Miller's run. It's definitely not new.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Nice!

Here's some art from the Future Fight mobile game. This artist did another piece of just her that he'll hopefully upload soon
    jeehyung-lee-title-295-final-sns.jpg

IMG_20170408_135217.jpg
    Elektra #3 Deodato Jnr variant cover.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Nice! Deodato has always drawn her very well.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    IMG_20170408_135217.jpg
    Elektra #3 Deodato Jnr variant cover.
    So good, he's the only artist to sell me on the new costume so far! Wish Marvel would've assigned to this relaunch, sadly I don't see it lasting long with the current team.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    So good, he's the only artist to sell me on the new costume so far! Wish Marvel would've assigned to this relaunch, sadly I don't see it lasting long with the current team.
    Well the sales are pretty bad. It fell below 20k for the second issue.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's a shame because it feels like Elektra has greater potential than some of the others.

BTW, is Elektra Lives Again considered in-continuity? I recently read Elektra: Assassin and that seems to barely fit but I think it's sort of been retroactively incorporated. I wasn't sure about the other one, though.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?