Page 142 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2478
    All-New Member

Ok, this Elektra miniseries is over. Now what? Anyone has news on when we will see our dear lady again?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnfeng89 View Post
    Ok, this Elektra miniseries is over. Now what? Anyone has news on when we will see our dear lady again?
    Nothing concrete, but she should be showing up in Defenders at some point, for however long. I imagine she'll guest in some Daredevil issues after legacy.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Nothing concrete, but she should be showing up in Defenders at some point, for however long. I imagine she'll guest in some Daredevil issues after legacy.
    Well, that was a shame. I was hoping that she finally got the chance to star in a solo series after a long hiatus and now she will probably just be some supporting character in some other series. What a shame. I hope she gets to keep the cool new suit, at the very least

Well, that was a shame. I was hoping that she finally got the chance to star in a solo series after a long hiatus and now she will probably just be some supporting character in some other series. What a shame. I hope she gets to keep the cool new suit, at the very least
    What cool suit? The one that's been in the last series or her Tron one? The latter was just for the VR world and the series look was very boring/stale.

All-New Member

The series one, lol. I seem to be part of the minority when it comes to liking the new suit. That sleek black streamlined catsuit just seems to enhance her curves more and makes her look more like a covert ninja

The series one, lol. I seem to be part of the minority when it comes to liking the new suit. That sleek black streamlined catsuit just seems to enhance her curves more and makes her look more like a covert ninja
    I feel like it just feels like it's actually lacking useful pieces. She has this huge bulky metal thing on her arm that was used once in 5 issues... What was the point in adding it? The black body suit did make it more sleek but then they added the baggy face and arm wraps. It just doesn't make any sense for what she has to do in the outfit. They should use the new Defenders look for Netflix and have a little more red without going back to her bare leg look.

All-New Member

That metal thing is some grappling hook that looks like it was used only for that specific purpose. It wasnt part of the costume. The face and arm wraps are baggy, yes, but they look pretty comfortable to me. Haha if you want to talk sense then the loose straps and bandana on her old outfit made way less sense than what she has in her new one

That metal thing is some grappling hook that looks like it was used only for that specific purpose. It wasnt part of the costume. The face and arm wraps are baggy, yes, but they look pretty comfortable to me. Haha if you want to talk sense then the loose straps and bandana on her old outfit made way less sense than what she has in her new one
    Oh I know the old outfit was impractical but it at least was memorable. The baggy armsocks make so sense. They could get tangled/hooked with her sai, especially when used in defense. I think taking the Defenders look would be best as it brings in both costumes.

All-New Member

Yeah I agree. I am one of those who prefer less skin though, so I prefer her new look. Her new look would have been much better if the face and arm wraps were tight

Take the Tron outfit and remove the Tron elements and you nearly have her defenders look, imo. I even liked the bun.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'd like to incorporate the headscarf, though.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Yeah I agree. I am one of those who prefer less skin though, so I prefer her new look. Her new look would have been much better if the face and arm wraps were tight
    She has less skin showing in The Defenders than she does in her current comic look though.

I think about how excited I was to read each issue of Blackman's Elektra run and how gutted I was when it was cancelled and then I think about this series ending and my complete lack of reaction speaks volumes. This was an Elektra comic by the numbers with absolutely no stand out, exciting or thought provoking moment. All the attempts at personal development have been done before and better by previous writers. Instead she feels regressed, but now with a dull costume. The Kingpin reveal at the end made no sense, why would he set Elektra up to fight Arcade to keep her away from New York when she had absolutely no desire to be in New York to begin with? There is no way she would need help from the likes of Screwball to beat Arcade, and I'm not sure if I missed it but why did Screwball turn on him? And why didn't she just kill him at the end any way!?!? I can't believe Marvel thought they would have a successful title when they made the book so bland. I keep thinking of that Divided We Stand promo piece with her on it insinuating she would be a major player in the months ahead. I would rather they kept up her excellent guest appearances in the likes of Uncanny Avengers and Spider-Man 2099 than do a book like this.

Yeah, kings meh about this run ending too. Maybe this is how I would have felt about her 90s run if I'd gone through it real time lol.

And, simply for clarity, that was Lauren picking up Screwball's helmet, not screwball (still not sure why Elektra took it off, but whatevs).

I'm just hoping she gets some beefy guest appearances post Legacy.

Was it? Ha Ha I really didn't pay attention did I? This book was definitely emulating her nineties persona, which was her worst one! I wish they would ask Blackman to come back and write her properly again. We know she will turn up in The Defenders, Bendia is hit and miss when it comes to his Elektra so I'm not going to get too excited. Other than that she might turn up in DD again.