Page 143 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2478

I want Zeb Wells to write an Elektra series and have a really great artist join him (Maleev, Coipel, Anka, Samnee, Alphona to name a few) and to do something great with her. I am in the minority but I like a lot of what Bendis has written of Elektra. Though a good chunk was Skrull-lektra but from DD #37 on the rooftop, the Elektra series in the early 2000's were pretty good.

All-New Member

The art in Blackman's run was too stylistic, imo. Loved the 2000s series. Would love to see elektra carrying out assassinations again, but I dont think marvel wants to portray her as an assassin any more

If he could churn out a monthly book I'd love to see Madeira (sp?) on a Wells written book.

I'm a little ambivalent on Bendis. He's not always great, but I at least get the sense he likes the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnfeng89 View Post
    The art in Blackman's run was too stylistic, imo. Loved the 2000s series. Would love to see elektra carrying out assassinations again, but I dont think marvel wants to portray her as an assassin any more
    While I love del Mundo, judging from some comments on the series I generally agree. It's too unusual for a mainstream book, unfortunately. If that run was an Image or Vertigo book, I guarantee it would have been near universally loved and acclaimed, though.

Too bad there aren't more Elektralytes, maybe we'd have gotten at least four volumes with that team.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    While I love del Mundo, judging from some comments on the series I generally agree. It's too unusual for a mainstream book, unfortunately. If that run was an Image or Vertigo book, I guarantee it would have been near universally loved and acclaimed, though.

Too bad there aren't more Elektralytes, maybe we'd have gotten at least four volumes with that team.
    Yeah, there seems to be a trend of marvel moving away from the darker and edgier stuff. It is pretty evident from the light hearted and near comedic style of the mcu movies. Maybe marvel's marketing department could consider diversifying into the adult oriented comics market with morally ambiguous characters like elektra or punisher, though I havent read much punisher in recent years and it might still be as dark as before. By the way, elektra's art in the drugged arc of the 2000s series was absolutely gorgeous. Miss the good old days where she had a good solo run and great art

I feel like Bendis' run on Elektra would have been liked more if it didn't have such HIDEOUS art. Case in point:

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I feel like Bendis' run on Elektra would have been liked more if it didn't have such HIDEOUS art. Case in point:

true. that elektra had a deformed and squarish face. which genius at marvel thought that was attractive? but there were some excellent art in that series as well:ele.jpg

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The first Elektra book was Bill Sienkewicz at maximum weirdness. To me, a normal looking book is the strange one when it comes to Elektra.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The first Elektra book was Bill Sienkewicz at maximum weirdness. To me, a normal looking book is the strange one when it comes to Elektra.
    I agree. But I also remember that book was officially put out by the Epic imprint, and not quite Marvel directly. While it is great and seems to be well regarded, it was also in its on little bubble for a bit, yes?

On at generally, I do think Pagaluyan and Chen did pretty good work on her 2000's solo, and Juan Cabal was pretty capable here. The only real positive thing about the recent book was his art.

I ended up being a little disappointed in Noto's work on Thunderbolts; with someone else doing his colors, things just aren't as nice or clean.

All-New Member

If only the marvel staff bothered to hang out on such forums to find out what the fans really want instead of pandering to sjws

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I adored Del Mundo's art and agree with Mike, I like my Elektra art edgy. It definitely wouldn't translate well into sales unfortunately. Del Mundo is definitely an acquired taste as I've read a fair few negative comments about his Avengers work as well. I thought the art in this last run was good enough, but not amazing. Ironically, I thought he drew her best in the flashbacks in her old iconic costume.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I want Zeb Wells to write an Elektra series and have a really great artist join him (Maleev, Coipel, Anka, Samnee, Alphona to name a few) and to do something great with her. I am in the minority but I like a lot of what Bendis has written of Elektra. Though a good chunk was Skrull-lektra but from DD #37 on the rooftop, the Elektra series in the early 2000's were pretty good.
    I really would like to see an Elektra series by Brisson and Noto.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Only if he does all the art. Just imagine his Elektra done like his Black Widow run, it would be beautiful

Count me out of the Noto love. I find everyone (especially the women he draws) has the same face.

Only if he does all the art. Just imagine his Elektra done like his Black Widow run, it would be beautiful
    Yep.

Noto's Elektra is great!

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."