Page 146 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2478

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Upon rewatch it's Madame Gao that tries to stop the fist.

And I have to imagine she will...spoilers:
    why make her amnesiac if not to have their cake and eat it too? She can be the ruthless villain and still embark on a redemption arc without too much of the villainy sticking to her.
    end of spoilers
    Well... spoilers:
    I'm pretty sure that shot of Elektra glancing at the sai will have a flashback/mindburp and her history will slowly come back. Hoping by the end she'll switch sides as more comes back to her. Having her change from the katana, an offensive weapon, to her sai, which is a defensive weapon, to help the Defenders take down The Hand.
    end of spoilers

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I'm actually really excited to see how they handle here her, and to see her scenes with Sigourney

BANNED

Upon rewatch it's Madame Gao that tries to stop the fist.

And I have to imagine she will...spoilers:
    why make her amnesiac if not to have their cake and eat it too? She can be the ruthless villain and still embark on a redemption arc without too much of the villainy sticking to her.
    end of spoilers
    I hope after she's redeemed, she'll get enough time to have screentime with the others Defenders. I'd love to see her become a Defender herself although I know that's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I hope after she's redeemed, she'll get enough time to have screentime with the others Defenders. I'd love to see her become a Defender herself although I know that's unlikely.
    With as much time as there probably will be between Defenders seasons, it could happen. I'd be okay with it, and/or her own series

I know it hasn't been quite the perfect adaptation, but I never imagined we'd get such a great rendition of the character. And now, to blow my mind further, we get to see Elektra and freaking Ripley together, in what looks to be a delightfully weird mentorship program?

I'm in nerd heaven.

DFU9RcfXoAAeiTr (1).jpg

BANNED

With as much time as there probably will be between Defenders seasons, it could happen. I'd be okay with it, and/or her own series
    I'm just waiting for her own series. It's annoying that Punisher got one but Elektra didn't but hopefully the hype for Elektra will build with this Defenders season.

Ultimate Member

Punisher was better received, at least from what I've observed. A lot of people seem to feel that the second half of DD Season 2 wasn't as strong as the first half, myself included. I'm STILL waiting for Marvel to sell me on this version of The Hand, because they haven't so far.

Maybe evil Ellen Ripley will be the one to finally pull it off, we'll see?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Punisher was better received, at least from what I've observed. A lot of people seem to feel that the second half of DD Season 2 wasn't as strong as the first half, myself included. I'm STILL waiting for Marvel to sell me on this version of The Hand, because they haven't so far.

Yeah, Punisher seemed to have unanimous acclaim whereas Elektra got positive reviews but not as much. I suppose her story is also more tied to Daredevil than Punisher is tied to him so that makes it easier to branch him out.

I liked both halves but as an Elektra fan, I was basically just waiting for her appearance. The only things I didn't like was the changed origin for her with her no longer being the daughter of an assassinated Greek ambassador but adopted (after all she's named after the Elektra complex), but I'm ok with that now.

Ultimate Member

Well also Punisher isn't DEAD by the end of that season, or in the possession of The Hand. So it's pretty easy to do a "Frank goes off on his own and shoots people" show. Whereas if you were going to do an Elektra one, it'd probably be best to wait until after The Defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Elektra was just as well received. The Black Sky part wasnt but her character and Elodie's acting was praised in almost every review. It does make sense that she didn't get a series once you finished the second season and they wont say it before The Defenders is released as it'll confirm she makes it out of the miniseries alive. I'm hoping that she does survive the series and she gets her own because it'd be nice to have another female led show.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 07-23-2017 at 01:47 PM.

If Elektra did get her own series, they should try and get Zeb Wells to showrun the series. He LOVES the character and would do an amazing job. He's working in TV now and could be the perfect fit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Elektra was just as well received. The Black Sky part wasnt but her character and Elodie's acting was praised in almost every review. It does make sense that she didn't get a series once you finished the second season and they wont say it before The Defenders is released as it'll confirm she makes it out of the miniseries alive. I'm hoping that she does survive the series and she gets her own because it'd be nice to have another female led show.
    I hope the Black Sky part didn't turn away any of her longtime fans or potential new fans. I actually wasn't bothered by it, but maybe as a Jean fan, it felt like a parallel to her, as both women become destined as some powerful force that could work for good or evil. I think anyone with even a working knowledge of Elektra knows that her death isn't permanent...even movie fans would realize that. I was just afraid she wouldn't come back until Daredevil Season 3, so I'm glad she's a huge part of the Defenders. Hopefully after Defenders, they'll announce her own spinoff.

If Elektra did get her own series, they should try and get Zeb Wells to showrun the series. He LOVES the character and would do an amazing job. He's working in TV now and could be the perfect fit.
    He would be a great choice!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    I hope the Black Sky part didn't turn away any of her longtime fans or potential new fans. I actually wasn't bothered by it, but maybe as a Jean fan, it felt like a parallel to her, as both women become destined as some powerful force that could work for good or evil. I think anyone with even a working knowledge of Elektra knows that her death isn't permanent...even movie fans would realize that. I was just afraid she wouldn't come back until Daredevil Season 3, so I'm glad she's a huge part of the Defenders. Hopefully after Defenders, they'll announce her own spinoff.

He would be a great choice!
    I wasnt turned off by it. I just worried(still do) that she'll be a silent void of a character for most of the series... Just like Jean Grey in The Last Stand. I'm not the biggest fan of Jean's but I enjoy her and thought that was awful. I'm hoping the same doesnt happen to Elektra. That she doesn't plead for Matt to kill her. I need the original, fun Elektra from DD S2 to creep back through and survive the series.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 07-23-2017 at 03:38 PM.

BANNED

I wasnt turned off by it. I just worried(still do) that she'll be a silent void of a character for most of the series... Just like Jean Grey in The Last Stand. I'm not the biggest fan of Jean's but I enjoy her and thought that was awful. I'm hoping the same doesnt happen to Elektra. That she doesn't plead for Matt to kill her. I need the original, fun Elektra from DD S2 to creep back through and survive the series.
    Yeah, that's what I'm mainly afraid of too that Elektra will be a mindless brainwashed drone for most of the season with little to no personality. But especially in pictures like the one at the top of this page, it seems as though she'll be struggling with her identity and maybe remembering her past so I'm hoping she gets back to normal sooner than later.

Best idea ever.

I'm certain we'll get brainless Elektra for a bit, but I think there will be nuance. Sigourney has described Elektra as full of surprises. I wonder if she'll hide her awareness until the perfect time to strike. She does have a history of acting as a sort of double agent.