Page 155 of 166 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2478

It's really not,but sometimes I don't have the best judgement when things are cheap.

How did everyone like today's Defenders? BTW, I totally bought the artist proof of the first multi panel fight scene...too gorgeous not to! Now to see if I can talk the wife into letting me buy more....

I really enjoyed it. That is one of the best fight scenes I have ever saw in a comic book. It deserves to become iconic! Bendis dialogue was iffy, but that's what I expect from him these days. He does enjoy a good Elektra fight though, he scripted her amazing throw down with the Super Skrulls in Mighty Avengers #31. There was, as expected, a continuity error. spoilers:
    Elektra knew Matt was Daredevil, which she shouldn't, and didn't know after the Purple Kids wiped everyone's memories.
    end of spoilers

It was a great issue. Probably the best Elektra fight scene since... I can't even remember. Marquez draws her so well. Did her eye color change? If so, I prefer the brown eyes more ...

Yeah her eyes should be blue.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I prefer her eyes to be brown because that's what they were back in the Frank Miller days (also, I think Greeks tend to have brown eyes). That being said, her eyes were blue in her solo run and brown in this, so it's inconsistent. I'd love to know when the switch to blue eyes first happened.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Her eyes have switched from brown to blue to green so often, I don't care as long as they're one of those three lol. I do prefer blue, though.

And that is an interesting continuity error, I honestly didn't catch it. Maybe because it was so stupid to begin with. In what world would Elektra not put those dots together, no matter the influence?

I like pointing out that the Elektra in your avatar has brown eyes

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I like pointing out that the Elektra in your avatar has brown eyes
    Haha, true enough. I have been thinking of changing it...

I've been looking into this a bit. I'll have to dig into it a lot more, but I suspect the reason Elektra's eyes started getting colored blue is from The Man Without Fear miniseries. That story was technically of dubious continuity status, but a lot of it was retroactively incorporated into the 616. But Fall From Grace came out the same year and had brown eyes (plus all previous stories had brown eyes). I'd ideally like to check the later Elektra miniseries after the Miller/Sienkewicz one and see when they started making her eyes blue as well as maybe in Daredevil.

I know they were colored blue in her latest series, but it looked bad to me. I think they'd be best making her pupils black/dark brown.

All-New Member

The art in the defenders is gorgeous. They should have had the artist draw elektra's solo series. Of course it lacked a good story too. The combination of mediocre art and a lacklustre story made the solo series fail so badly. I wonder when we would be getting a new solo series, seeing how her appearance in defenders did not really focus much on her

I don't think we will be getting another Elektra solo for the foreseeable future. None of the Daredevil spin offs sold well at all. Most believe that Elektra and Kingpin were minis in disguise and that Marvel was only honest by changing Bullseye's description from on going to mini. Not that I would've wanted the Elektra title to continue with the creative team and set up any way. Bring back Blackman and Del Mundo!

Side note to her appearance in Defenders. It was nice to see her use her psychic powers again. Bendis is one of the few writers who has her make use of them.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I don't think we will be getting another Elektra solo for the foreseeable future. None of the Daredevil spin offs sold well at all. Most believe that Elektra and Kingpin were minis in disguise and that Marvel was only honest by changing Bullseye's description from on going to mini. Not that I would've wanted the Elektra title to continue with the creative team and set up any way. Bring back Blackman and Del Mundo!
    I don't think it's fair to say mini in disguise, but I absolutely think it's fair to say that the initial preorders were disappointing enough to cause a quick cancellation.