Page 23 of 166 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Waaaaaaa! I was scared that Elektra might be cancelled earlier than the rest because of less sales but now I'm not thinking about it anymore because I'm scared for Storm because Storm's ongoing is selling worse than Elektra's.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Waaaaaaa! I was scared that Elektra might be cancelled earlier than the rest because of less sales but now I'm not thinking about it anymore because I'm scared for Storm because Storm's ongoing is selling worse than Elektra's.
    Admittedly I was shocked by the drop for second issue I'm fairly confident that the fall for issue #3 wont be too steep. She has her multiple X Men appearances to keep her on the readers radar. Elektra only had Thunderbolts which has been cancelled already. I did read that Storm has got a guaranteed 12 issues so you will have a years worth of stories at least.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Captain Marvel will always get another chance as she is like you said a Marvel favourite who they want to succeed. Also did you used to post on the Appreciation thread on the boards on the Marvel site? I remember someone with a similar screen name who was a fan of both women on that site.
    yeap I used to post on the marvel site...once upon a time... xaxaxa!!

All-New Member

Poor Storm... I think Marvel will be more rough with her in the future than Elektra considering the fact that Storm plays on popular books and has not so many excuses...
    I dont like people taste..I mean just look how many deadpool series are out there pffffff ...again poor Storm and Elektra

BANNED

Admittedly I was shocked by the drop for second issue I'm fairly confident that the fall for issue #3 wont be too steep. She has her multiple X Men appearances to keep her on the readers radar. Elektra only had Thunderbolts which has been cancelled already. I did read that Storm has got a guaranteed 12 issues so you will have a years worth of stories at least.
    But I believe the reason Elektra and Storm ongoings are getting lower numbers because a lot of female ongoings started before them. So if comic readers had already started with other female ongoings, some might not buy for the new female ongoings and stick to what they already have. what do you think?

But I believe the reason Elektra and Storm ongoings are getting lower numbers because a lot of female ongoings started before them. So if comic readers had already started with other female ongoings, some might not buy for the new female ongoings and stick to what they already have. what do you think?
    I don't know about that. I can speak only about myself but I think it has more to do with preference. I am already into Black Widow but even without that I would have no interest in Storm at all. She just isn't my cup of tea.
    Elektra on the other hand is. Notice what Black Widow, Elektra and my beloved X-23 all have in common? Tough and very skilled females who are/were assassins and who are not afraid to get their hands dirty. Be it by killing guys or something else.

I did say a few days ago that the art of Elektra was not to my liking but after thinking about it for a bit I can make do with it. Elektra is too awesome to not support so from now on you have another buyer of her comics
    "This is me being reasonable"

You are a saint, Galerion.

@RLJAAMR, at a certain point, I think we have to realize that our favorite characters aren't popular enough to sustain an ongoing for long, or that while interest may have been there once, poorly made minis/solos from before have done their damage. Not sure about Storm, but Elektra's last solo (even though it went 35 issues) just ended up not being excellent, and in the end just stuck with displaying her as a mostly heartless assassin instead of developing her (Rucka's run was interesting, but effectively useless since no one's really followed up on that thread).

I don't know. Because on the other hand, Elektra debuted higher than Storm, She-Hulk, and Captain Marvel who are all more popular, so maybe lower sales are simply people like Arf who are waiting for the trade. Either way, I'm getting pretty rambly, so I will stop...

I think this is a problem not just limited to female lead ongoings but all Marvel's All New Now ongoings, in that they have basically put out so much new product in a short period of time that great titles will fail because there is so much out there and with comics being so expensive they cant all be supported. It may seem like an odd complaint that they're diversifying their line so much, but if the releases had been more staggered and not 3 or 4 new titles each month then readers may have been more likely to give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by dimos View Post
    yeap I used to post on the marvel site...once upon a time... xaxaxa!!
    I knew it was you! I used to post under the extremely lame name of 'iluvelektra'. I remember that the Elektra thread there was the biggest thread on the Daredevil sub forum; mainly filled with us lamenting the Skrullektra storyline and wondering if she would come back ha ha!

I think this is a problem not just limited to female lead ongoings but all Marvel's All New Now ongoings, in that they have basically put out so much new product in a short period of time that great titles will fail because there is so much out there and with comics being so expensive they cant all be supported. It may seem like an odd complaint that they're diversifying their line so much, but if the releases had been more staggered and not 3 or 4 new titles each month then readers may have been more likely to give them a chance.
    Yep, product dilution really hurt things. Plus wasn't there an event that happened then that caused some books to be overshadowed?

Something happened in July that pushed loads of books down the sales charts but I'm not sure what it was? I think it was something DC did.

Something happened in July that pushed loads of books down the sales charts but I'm not sure what it was? I think it was something DC did.
    Eh, the only big things they had were the launch of Grayson and the start of that Robin Rises story. Secondary were the relaunches of Teen Titans and Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Eh, the only big things they had were the launch of Grayson and the start of that Robin Rises story. Secondary were the relaunches of Teen Titans and Suicide Squad.
    Then I haven't got a clue

Marvel women of the 80's piece with an interview with Haden Blackman about what drew him to the character.
    http://marvel.com/news/comics/23183/...he_80s_elektra
    EDIT: Part 2 & 3 of the history of Elektra for Marvels 75th Anniversary.
    http://marvel.com/news/comics/23133/...f_elektra_pt_2
    This covers her 90's appearances.
    http://marvel.com/news/comics/23212/...f_elektra_pt_3
    This covers her 00's appearances. Although they get her involvement in EOTS wrong and imply she was under The Hands control again when in fact she was faking it and undercover for Nick Fury.
    Last edited by scouse mouse; 09-11-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Im kinda mad that all her earlier work isn't on Comixology where I have the rest of my collection. They only have Dark Reign and her newest solo and the ultimate stuff. And Marvel Unlimited requires a credit card which I don't have so it looks like won't enjoy all of her work for the time being.
    "This is me being reasonable"