Page 40 of 166 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Fingers crossed to see Noto drawing Elektra in Black Widow series.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    It would be fantastic to see Elektra guest-star in an issue (or more) of BW!
    That would be fantastic! And Tsai your avatar is AMAZING!

Thanks! Last issue was too great not to have it made into an avatar!

It would be fantastic to see Elektra guest-star in an issue (or more) of BW!
    Agreed. I do like that Elektra is embracing who she is, though, and not trying to be something else like my girl Natasha...

Maybe Elektra can help with that. If she can make a wild Logan turn back to the man he was, she can do anything. Maybe Marvel can make Elektra into their mystic, ninja Oprah lol.

Maybe Elektra can help with that. If she can make a wild Logan turn back to the man he was, she can do anything. Maybe Marvel can make Elektra into their mystic, ninja Oprah lol.
    LOL. I love the mystical ninja part...without the Oprah
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I'm really diggin' the whole mystic ninja vibe the book has. The brothers she was up against were awesome...

So #11 is the last one? People should be ashamed of themselves...

Yes, unfortunately it is. It will have been a good run, though.

Commission piece by Yilidray Cinar

That looks amazing!

Yes, unfortunately it is. It will have been a good run, though.
    Agreed. Why is it good books with outstanding art are ignored while some other crap gets scooped up like hotcakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Agreed. Why is it good books with outstanding art are ignored while some other crap gets scooped up like hotcakes?
    I feel like part of it is the ten year gap between solos. After her movie bombed, it's like Marvel just dropped her for a while. They slowly had her appear in books again, but I feel like by that point all people could remember was the movie.

Which is a shame, seemed like she was decently popular through the early 2000's, but despite some strong appearances (at least, being depicted as a capable and competent character), she hasn't really regained any traction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    DEADPOOL.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

I feel like part of it is the ten year gap between solos. After her movie bombed, it's like Marvel just dropped her for a while. They slowly had her appear in books again, but I feel like by that point all people could remember was the movie.

Which is a shame, seemed like she was decently popular through the early 2000's, but despite some strong appearances (at least, being depicted as a capable and competent character), she hasn't really regained any traction.
    It's hard to pinpoint but I think if Thunderbolts had sold better then that would have helped this book as well. But the gap in her appearances didn't really help at all. I thought the cover work alone would have helped bring in readers but sadly not the case.

Also, that commission piece by Yilidray Cinar looks fantastic! Really well done.

That's an excellent point. Also, by the time we had Soule writing a witty and capable Elektra, Way had already given us a mediocre book that essentially opened with her being an ineffectual damsel in distress.