Page 44 of 166 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

That preview is amazing! Can't believe this is the last time we will have this glorious book to read!

Really good article about Elektra's cancellation from Comic Vine which makes a lot of valid points.
    http://www.comicvine.com/articles/el...s/1100-151819/

BANNED

Sometimes the fan community just confuses me. Marvel gives us an awesome book with beautiful art & solid writing. Isn't that what we want? What happens? It gets cancelled after 11 f*@#ing issues. Are you kidding me? Such an underrated book. Better luck next time, Elektra.

I'm also perplexed. Really hoping she gets a prominent role in a team book during or after SW.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I think the problem is that in popular media, fans don't actually seem to want new and different, they just want the same thing repackaged. It's why the X-Men's books will always sell no matter how poorly they are quality-wise, or why ever Call of Duty release is a success even if it's pretty much the same as the last, or why Hollywood is obsessed with sequels and reboots instead of new ideas.
    I'm not saying that's the case every time, but it does seem to be that way far too often.

Also, I can gladly say I supported Elektra's book until the end.

Very true. It's rare in today's market that a book that's a little bit different survives unless it's part of an established franchise. I just hope Elektra get's a chance to shine again soon.

Now this is a couple I could get behind!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Now this is a couple I could get behind!
    You know, me too. Though BW fans may disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    You know, me too. Though BW fans may disagree!
    Natasha will just have to move on! Besides, she doesn't remember him any way lol!

Lol harsh but true! And I have add that, as talented as this artist is, I hate the bottom half of Elektra's costume in that pic.

Yeah it's a bit too high cut isn't it? Plus it looks like a thong in the front!?!?!

Yep. Now if she had a new outfit....

Something based off her swim wear in #11?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I think the problem is that in popular media, fans don't actually seem to want new and different, they just want the same thing repackaged. It's why the X-Men's books will always sell no matter how poorly they are quality-wise, or why ever Call of Duty release is a success even if it's pretty much the same as the last, or why Hollywood is obsessed with sequels and reboots instead of new ideas.
    I'm not saying that's the case every time, but it does seem to be that way far too often.

Also, I can gladly say I supported Elektra's book until the end.
    Was it really new and different? Elektra played the usual anti-hero role to the hilt, never crossing a line that might dare offend the morality of the readers. Nothing new there. At least her Dark Reign mini pushed the envelope in that regard.

Her throwing down with Bullseye, not new. Throwing down with the Hand? Same ol', same ol'.

The art was amazing, true, but the story fell short in almost every way. They didn't contrast Crow to Elektra, who should have been at least curious why he walked away from the life. The villains were there to fill pages, and never acted as foils. Hell, instead of characterization they got power ups that were pretty damn pointless, to be forgotten by the next writers for good reason.

Sometimes, series fail because the writers aren't that good. And IMO, that was the case here. Image should have taught us that art isn't everything.

I actually prefer Elektra without a significant other. I like her as a loner. I'd love for her to get a cooler supporting cast, but I don't mind if she doesn't have a love interest.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I would typically agree with you! But I think WS would be interesting. Certainly more so than Frank.