Page 46 of 166 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Not definitive, but it's looking they're at least discussing Elektra for season 2 of DD:

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/dared...-on-the-radar/
    Yes!!! Elektra better have a large role in the next season! Even though I do love Miller's era, I do hope they don't closely adapt it too much and kill her off so quick and permanently. Also I hope they find someone who is authentically Greek (And a great actress of course too) since Elektra is one of the few Marvel heroes who are Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    That's a great cover. Her new series has spawned some fantastic and innovative covers. Such a shame we won't be seeing anymore anytime soon.

I'm hoping that if they do kill her, it'll be an opportunity to examine the supernatural side of the MCU. Especially once Dr. Strange starts opening those doors.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Not definitive, but it's looking they're at least discussing Elektra for season 2 of DD:

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/dared...-on-the-radar/
    If they do come up with Elektra, my fear is they'll make her all "gritty" and "street", which will pretty much go against the things I want to see: supernatural ninja warrior
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I think we'll definitely get gritty and street...initially. I hope she goes beyond that though! But I feel we won't get more supernatural stuff until Dr. Strange comes out. But between aliens, sentient AI and Inhumans, we're getting there.

Extraordinary Member

I like Elektra all gritty and street (it's why I'm drawn to Daredevil's little corner of the MU, after all), but if/when they do include her on the show, they'll likely also include The Hand and her eventual death and resurrection. The former is made up of assassins who dissolve into a puff of smoke when killed and the latter is integral to the character's development and if you ask me both of these things are pretty damn supernatural.

Extraordinary Member

Sorry, really haven't gone through every page of this thread yet, but what are the general opinions about Miller's Elektra Lives? I dug it, personally.

You know, still haven't gotten my hands on a copy that's cheap enough (I also haven't looked recently). However, I'm sure I'd enjoy the hell out of it.

Extraordinary Member

I'm guessing I'm going to be in the minority here, but I really didn't dig Assassin, but I actually really liked Lives. It could be because I absolutely love ninjas and decaying urban landscapes and when you combine the two they pretty much make up one of my favorite kinds of stories ever, but what I think I liked most about it is how ugly, vicious, yet surprisingly graceful the artwork was. It didn't hold anything back in that department and was all the better for it.

I think you are in the minority on that, but it's not a bad thing. While I like Assassin, there are definitely parts that are a chore to read/re-read.

Hey, Is Del Mundo set to do the interiors for any up coming Marvel or DC titles?

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Hey, Is Del Mundo set to do the interiors for any up coming Marvel or DC titles?
    He'll be doing interiors for the Weirdworld series that's coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Sorry, really haven't gone through every page of this thread yet, but what are the general opinions about Miller's Elektra Lives? I dug it, personally.

I enjoyed it as a tragic stand alone story. The artwork was amazing but I am glad it isn't considered canon only because Elektra has died enough!

Great interview with Haden Blackman about his Elektra run that sort of makes me feel even more sad that it ended so soon.
    http://www.cakeoven.co.nz/2015/04/el...who-wrote-her/

Elektra is space would've been awesome!

Okay, Elektra in space would have been epic. Maybe this idea will be used in the future...

It was sad to think what might have been, especially with Match Maker who was such an interesting character. It looks like he had to merge a future Hand/Bullseye arc with his Assassins Guild arc. Her fights would've probably been longer other wise. And an Elektra/Psylocke arc?????