Page 5 of 166 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Is it inborn or the result of some ninja magic? Guess I could look that up but it's kinda more fun asking you guys...
    It's something she learned from Stick and the Chaste in Elektra: Assassin. She briefly uses it to communicate with Wolverine in Wolverine: Enemy of the State. Though I'm not sure she can read minds as much as she can simply 'speak' to others' minds. It's been a while, but in W:EotS it doesn't seem like she can hear Wolverine 'talking' back to her.

And don't forget her Dark Reign mini where we see her able to lock/unlock specific memories from her concious mind.

Awesome. Looks like that would be something writers would want to explore. Also, tweeting to Blackman about that. I'll let you know if he responds...

Please do! He's pretty cool about communicating with fans on twitter

They say, you can't go home again...but they never said you can't re-create an appreciation thread

Glad to see a few Elektralytes made it to the new boards!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Let's pretend that Elektra will be in the Daredevil show on Netflix. Who should play the role?

My vote goes to Bridget Regan or Eva Green
    For me, there's only one actress who can pull off Elektra. Ever since I saw her in Clash of the Titans, I can't think of anyone else I'd want as her. My pick is Gemma Arterton!

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRFFFFFFFFF!

I guess Gemma would be good. I've liked her in everything I've seen, but not sure she can be as cold as Elektra needs to be. Garner sure wasn't, despite not being a terrible actress otherwise.

In any case, they need to give Elektra a more frenetic martial style, and not what they tried to pass off on us in the movies. Maybe similar to Black Widow, but not as acrobatic and more brutal/violent

Let's pretend that Elektra will be in the Daredevil show on Netflix. Who should play the role?

My vote goes to Bridget Regan or Eva Green
    AAAAAAAARRRRRRRFFFFFFFFF!

I guess Gemma would be good. I've liked her in everything I've seen, but not sure she can be as cold as Elektra needs to be. Garner sure wasn't, despite not being a terrible actress otherwise.

In any case, they need to give Elektra a more frenetic martial style, and not what they tried to pass off on us in the movies. Maybe similar to Black Widow, but not as acrobatic and more brutal/violent
    Agreed about the lack of acrobatic and more brutal style of fighting for our Ms. Natchios. Make her more Terminator-esque than Spider-Man, where it seems like her coming for the kills is more supernatural than acrobatic, like you shoot where she is and there's a weird blurring effect and then she solidifies, as if she either moved to fast or it was a ninja illusion. The mystery of what she can or can't do will be the intriguing part of character.

I almost envision a less acrobatic "Ninja Assassin" type movie where, people are getting killed left, right and centre, but you don't know where the attack is coming from.

THAT to me is Elektra.

So much yes.

I actually liked the opening of her movie, where she strikes from the shadows and moves preternaturally quickly. No flashy moves, just weapons, elbows and knees to the face.

Then they intoduced that damn family and it went down hill so quickly...

So much yes.

I actually liked the opening of her movie, where she strikes from the shadows and moves preternaturally quickly. No flashy moves, just weapons, elbows and knees to the face.

Word. I also think it started off strongly, as well. Couldn't believe Jason Isaac decided to do a bit role there, but I thought that was cool. Then, like you said, they introduced the damn family.

I thought the Hand assassins had some cool powers, but the effects and direction really made that movie a bomb. Stick showing up with his group of ninjas was also pretty cool.

So much yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Word. I also think it started off strongly, as well. Couldn't believe Jason Isaac decided to do a bit role there, but I thought that was cool. Then, like you said, they introduced the damn family.

I thought the Hand assassins had some cool powers, but the effects and direction really made that movie a bomb. Stick showing up with his group of ninjas was also pretty cool.
    The intro to the movie that they lifted wholesale from issue #23 from her second ongoing was the only god thing about that movie. Thank God we are in a position were Marvel could potentially do her properly on screen!

BANNED

I hope this isn't considered thread bumping.

So, I'm looking at some villain bios in the Marvel Avengers Alliance game, and found something interesting regarding our Lady of Death: her bio states she has limited telepathy! As far as I know, M:AA can't put anything in this game that isn't approved by Marvel, so...what do we think? Are we about to see Elektra using some of her ninja abilities in the near future?

Attachment 790
    Isn't Elektra already playable in the game ?

Yep. I was interested in what her villain bio says, which her hero bio (and the only one available previously iirc) did not. She's been playyable for a while.

My favorite lady in red

Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil is Legend View Post
    My favorite lady in red
    What a coincidence, mine too!

What a coincidence, mine too!
    She's awesome