Page 57 of 166 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Attachment 24388

I'm kinda happy about this casting despite the apparent racebending. Not sure what they'll do to cover the already-established Greek background of the character (which you can't really ignore since it's the basis of her name), but this show kinda has my trust in its writing team after season 1 worked out so well.

Plus, she looks good in red.

Attachment 24389
    Meh. Should have been in Aloha.

I just hope she becomes a break out character on the series so Marvel will publish some more solo material with a decent push behind it.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Pretty cool casting, I can't wait to see her costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    Pretty cool casting, I can't wait to see her costume.
    I hope she has her head scarf and asymmetric top. I think they will put her in trousers on screen because the one piece with bare legs would probably look a bit ridiculous.

She looks great for the role.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Much excitement! Looks good for the role, and as others have said, she looks great in red. Hope she gets her own show/movie apperance.

From one of the B13 movies. Choreography and editing aren't the best, but it's another example of her doing a little action

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K2b7BfNFS6A#action=share

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Ooooh, that's cool. Here's a GI Joe scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIoGFoSS9xA

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I hope she has her head scarf and asymmetric top. I think they will put her in trousers on screen because the one piece with bare legs would probably look a bit ridiculous.
    I'm thinking they might fuse elements of her ultimate costume with her traditional look.

She doesn't look like how imagine Elektra. Regardless of that fact, I'm pretty excited about the casting. I just find the casting to be really interesting. After watching GI Joe: Retaliation, I felt that Elodie would have been a good choice for Psylocke (I thought her accent sounded British). Elodie as Elektra just has me all kinds of excited. Maybe it's because we're finally going to see Elektra in live-action again after the Jennifer Garner movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Nice hire. I hadn't even thought about her for Elektra, but she's perfect...

Ultimate Member

She could be half-Greek and half-Asian in the MCU (the actress is part French and part Vietnamese herself). Also there's been A LOT of migration through that part of the world over the millennia, so it's quite possible that there are Greeks of Asian descent (I've never been to Greece, so I won't pretend to be an expert or anything). So they just might not bring it up at all in-show and expect that the audience will just roll with it (which most probably will if the season is good).

As for Elodie herself, after doing a little digging, I've found that she's:

-A pretty experienced actress (although most of her projects have been in her native France).
    -Has been practicing Karate for over ten years (and is apparently quite good at it).
    -Looks really good in red ninja outfits.

So yeah, I'm ok with this choice.

The woman looks good in red. So stoked Elektra gets a second chance at live action!

Ultimate Member

http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/6014618/Rey.jpg

Something like this (but red) could be really cool. It's a bit more "practical" and less "stripperific" than her comic book costume is often depicted as being. But it's still "Elektra-esque" enough.

That image was brought up a few pages back; I liked it then, and I like it now!

Honestly though, they'd have to show us something truly horrific for me to not be excited.