Page 8 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    New issue out today. Go hunt it down, Elektralytes!
    I'm gonna have to stay out of this thread for a couple days here in a minute. I don't get my comics until Friday...

I don't plan spoiling anything in here, I already created a thread for that

A rather gorgeous limited edition Elektra print goes on sale Thursday!
    http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...medium=twitter

Pretty!

Nice!

BTW, at the Dallas Comicon I got a commission done by Joe Eisma, looks pretty good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    There are some preview pages for issue #2 further back on this thread that look stunning! And here is another splash page to drool over!
    The art on this book is amazing. Del Mondo and colorist, D'alonso, are creating breath taking art on this title. It is rare that I pick up a book just for its art, but this will be the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I don't plan spoiling anything in here, I already created a thread for that
    Thanks. Much appreciated. My comics should be in, via UPS, by mid-afternoon tomorrow. Elektra will probably be the first title I read (maybe X-Force)...

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ahhh so now that I have the issue, I don't have to worry about y'all spoiling anything witht he preview images. I buy the comics so I can be blown away seeing the Del Mundo images!

Honestly
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...t-2-elektra-1/
    I know it's not very good, to say the least... but sometimes the '90s are amusing. I love Milligan and Deodato so I kinda think I wanna check this out unless it's somehow more joyless than indicated. Anyone have any particular memories?

It was a fantastic issue

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Ahhh so now that I have the issue, I don't have to worry about y'all spoiling anything witht he preview images. I buy the comics so I can be blown away seeing the Del Mundo images!

Honestly
    I know it's not very good, to say the least... but sometimes the '90s are amusing. I love Milligan and Deodato so I kinda think I wanna check this out unless it's somehow more joyless than indicated. Anyone have any particular memories?
    I just don't know. It's so terrible, though iirc she eventually moved on from being a dancer, and it was more tolerable. Her supporting cast was the worst part of the book, it almost made Elektra too normal, which created a weird tonal shift when she was on her own killing a bunch of ninja.

Honestly
    Ironically, this was the series that actually got me into Elektra in the first place! I enjoyed it as a teenager back in the Nineties but looking at it now, and in comparison to what other modern writers have done with the character it is terrible! I do wonder if any of the plot points will ever be picked up on again, like her ward Nina now being a Hand disciple, but I'm not in any hurry to have any of it revisited in her new book.

What interests me is that it's so far removed from her current series. The problem with more typical Marvel characters is that they're chained to continuity and there's the constant threat of some awful story element coming back for redemption.

I probably won't get around to it unless I find it collected for a dollar or something, but it seems like a pretty clear summation of the '90s. Which issues did you all read? Any salvageable in hindsight?

Well, she and Dr. Strange kinda teamed up for a couple of issues, I'd like to see them interact again.

Teaming up with Strange for a filler story would be great. Deodato's improved considerably since then so I'd love to have him on a fill-in.

Isn't that crazy? Most of the people who'd be helping out Del Mundo would be more experienced, but still not a real step-up in quality.

What interests me is that it's so far removed from her current series. The problem with more typical Marvel characters is that they're chained to continuity and there's the constant threat of some awful story element coming back for redemption.

I probably won't get around to it unless I find it collected for a dollar or something, but it seems like a pretty clear summation of the '90s. Which issues did you all read? Any salvageable in hindsight?
    I have the whole series in a pile with all my other Elektra comics. Definitely only buy it if you can get it for a dollar, if you pay any more you will have been ripped off! Like Tsai said the interaction with Strange was alright. Wolverine pops up regularly and there was an issue featuring Yukio that was okay. But really there is nothing salvageable from the run.

Though a bit cheesecake I think Greg Horn did some great covers for her previous ongoing.