Page 93 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2478
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    What makes Elektra sociopathic in MWF? She's a thrill seeker but from what we see she only screws with Matt. In other instances she manages to deal and mingle with other people perfectly fine.
    Probably because she killed some punks in an alley (with a demented grin on her face) and then writes "I love New York" in blood on the alleywall. That doesn't come across as self defense and I could see Bullseye doing something like that.

BANNED

This is probably not a big deal for some people, but I'm glad that they cast a woman of color as Elektra. Technically, she's already a woman of color right? She's greek and most of the Greeks I see in New York City have some color.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Probably because she killed some punks in an alley (with a demented grin on her face) and then writes "I love New York" in blood on the alleywall. That doesn't come across as self defense and I could see Bullseye doing something like that.
    And the implication that she is killing to appease voices in her head. Making her psychotic in this way, before her father's death, really takes the punch out of her loss of innocence and corruption/breaking by the Hand imo.

It's such a weird mini...but if they stay away from the voices thing, I'm okay if they take some characterization from it.

Elektra always being cold and aloof is not appealing to many, she needs an actual personality, and it seems Elodie will deliver that in spades.

Ultimate Member

Especially since, lets face it, Marvel has used the whole "cool and aloof" trope with A LOT of their female film/TV characters so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Especially since, lets face it, Marvel has used the whole "cool and aloof" trope with A LOT of their female film/TV characters so far.
    Agent May comes to mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yup, excellent point. I still expect her to be cold and ruthless, but it's nice to see her more lively. Even if it is likely an act lol

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Yup, excellent point. I still expect her to be cold and ruthless, but it's nice to see her more lively. Even if it is likely an act lol
    Maybe they decided to give her some personality...

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    I thought of that as I was writing but couldn't remember if that happened in MWF or the original run.

We are talking about an assassin so maybe we all have something wrong with us for trying to rationalise any version

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I thought of that as I was writing but couldn't remember if that happened in MWF or the original run.

We are talking about an assassin so maybe we all have something wrong with us for trying to rationalise any version
    She wasn't an assassin at that point, though.

Billboard showing Elektra's final costume!

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Billboard showing Elektra's final costume!

Looking good! Looks like a practical interpretation of her comic outfit. So pumped!

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

A better look at her suit! Hopefully there's some evolution, like with Daredevil's own costume.

MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Nice! Just over a week, guys....

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    A better look at her suit! Hopefully there's some evolution, like with Daredevil's own costume.

That's clearly going to be the final look for the season. It manages to capture her comic outfit while keeping it from being too "fanboy service-y". Could it be more more red? Sure but she's also worn an all black version of her look.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Super pumped about Season 2!
    OMG, the skull is on full display!!
    I.CAN.NOT.WAIT!!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime