Page 98 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2478
    Ultimate Member

Well Elodie Yung was fantastic. And Elektra was great for the first 3/4 or so. The last 1/4 however, eh not so much.

New promo image

Soule reveals that we will only have Elektra for two issues in DD and spoilers:
    she doesn't know Matt is Daredevil anymore
    end of spoilers.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...es-and-elektra

Ultimate Member

^Ugh, that's just, no just no!!

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well Elodie Yung was fantastic. And Elektra was great for the first 3/4 or so. The last 1/4 however, eh not so much.
    I just finished the season... I need to talk to someone about everything Elektra related!

shes cool and was really pretty in season 2 of daredevil (i just finished it today)

spoilers:
    i hope her death and revival doesnt mean bullseye doesnt get to kill her later though
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by The Velour Fog; 03-19-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Velour Fog View Post
    shes cool and was really pretty in season 2 of daredevil (i just finished it today)

edit: how do i spoiler tag
    spoilers:
    Like this
    end of spoilers

[ spoil] No Spaces though [ /spoil]

thanks i was doing /spoiler not /spoil

Quote Originally Posted by The Velour Fog View Post

spoilers:
    i hope her death and revival doesnt mean bullseye doesnt get to kill her later though
    end of spoilers
    I hope that's exactly what means, honestly. One plot point that doesn't need repeated like it has been in the comics.

Still stuck at Episode #5. Had a bunch of stuff to do yesterday. Plan to resume Sunday...

Ultimate Member

The whole spoilers:
    She's the Black Sky thing didn't work for me at all. It comes out of nowhere, it kind of contradicts what we're told about the Black Sky in season 1, Stick's actions make no sense, and her "death" didn't work for me either. And yeah she's probably coming back, but the whole "they're dead, psych not really" thing has been done so many times in Marvel stuff that it's no longer interesting to me.
    end of spoilers

Well I've watched it all now. Got to say that I think Elodie gave a great performance, however the amount of changes made to her back story were quite jarring. Personality wise it looks like they were definitely influenced by Man Without Fear and also Mark Millars take on her in Wolverine EOTS.
    spoilers:
    I agree with Punisher007 the whole Black Sky thing was just 'huh'? Again based on Elektra:Assassin/Greg Rucka's run she is 'Perfect Death' so I could understand the Hand wanting her for that reason. But to say she is this Black Sky thing and would actually lead The Hand was just strange. Plus what exactly is it that she does because if she can be killed by one the current leaders of The Hand she can't be that useful?
    I also wasn't keen on the fact she wasn't the actual daughter of the Natchios family, Stick placed her there for safe keeping? Again the irony of her name and what happened to her Dad are a key element to her character which is all removed because of this. Also with her death in this series we have to now assume they are going to skip the Bullseye/Elektra battle to the death because they can't keep killing her over and over again!
    Sort of Elektra related but did anyone else find a lot of the fight scenes poorly choreographed? Quite a few times it was obvious the blows were not connecting. I'd give this season 7/10 overall. The casting was spot on but some of the story line ideas were not good for me.
    end of spoilers

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Well I've watched it all now. Got to say that I think Elodie gave a great performance, however the amount of changes made to her back story were quite jarring. Personality wise it looks like they were definitely influenced by Man Without Fear and also Mark Millars take on her in Wolverine EOTS.
    spoilers:
    I agree with Punisher007 the whole Black Sky thing was just 'huh'? Again based on Elektra:Assassin/Greg Rucka's run she is 'Perfect Death' so I could understand the Hand wanting her for that reason. But to say she is this Black Sky thing and would actually lead The Hand was just strange. Plus what exactly is it that she does because if she can be killed by one the current leaders of The Hand she can't be that useful?
    I also wasn't keen on the fact she wasn't the actual daughter of the Natchios family, Stick placed her there for safe keeping? Again the irony of her name and what happened to her Dad are a key element to her character which is all removed because of this. Also with her death in this series we have to now assume they are going to skip the Bullseye/Elektra battle to the death because they can't keep killing her over and over again!
    Sort of Elektra related but did anyone else find a lot of the fight scenes poorly choreographed? Quite a few times it was obvious the blows were not connecting. I'd give this season 7/10 overall. The casting was spot on but some of the story line ideas were not good for me.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The adoption never bothered me. The idea that Elektra could grow to love them as her parents was fine to me but once they introduced the Black Sky thing it made her family connections even if adopted seem completely emotionally weightless.

I think their decisions in regards to how good a fighter Elektra is was problematic from the start. She's meant to be absolutely legendary in regards to fighting capability but she struggles against Hand ninjas. Even the Elektra movie established that Elektra cuts through elite members of the hand like wheat purely to get to a target. When movies like Elektra and Daredevil do Elektra more justice (in terms of fighting ability, death and resurrection) than a NC-17 Netflix Show, you've got problems.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The whole spoilers:
    She's the Black Sky thing didn't work for me at all. It comes out of nowhere, it kind of contradicts what we're told about the Black Sky in season 1, Stick's actions make no sense, and her "death" didn't work for me either. And yeah she's probably coming back, but the whole "they're dead, psych not really" thing has been done so many times in Marvel stuff that it's no longer interesting to me.
    end of spoilers
    What's more annoying is that spoilers:
    she wasn't even remarkable as a fighter, so being a Black Sky doesn't actually give her any edge since DD and Ninjas can whip her ass. It completely contradicts what we got in season 1, the level of fear surrounding a Black Sky that they chained a child inside a storage container and that Stick said Matt's senses should pick up that it's not human. It also doesn't make sense that Stick killed the Black Sky in season 1 when he never killed Elektra. Also if they can use that giant pot to revive Elektra, why didn't they just revive the child Black Sky from season 1. This bad decision has really messed with Elektra and ruined a really good hyped plot from season 1.
    end of spoilers

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I think there's been a few misinterpretations here.

spoilers:
    The Black Sky, all throughout the first season, was hyped up as not being human. It was something inhuman or subhuman or just not on the registry of human at all - but then we find out that it's Elektra. Elektra, who all her life has been broken because she was raised by Stick. Elektra, who has wanted nothing else than to feel good since the moment that she was a child. Elektra, who has been told by so many people that she would account to nothing and has been called 'It' by multiple people. She's very much human, she's very much flawed, and she's very much the woman that Matt has fallen in love with twice and there's no way that she could be the Black Sky that Matt has been trained to fight against. That Elektra has been trained to fight against. And it's not like it's the first time that the Hand, and Stick, would be wrong in regards to the matter. They had the kid in season one who was obviously not the actual Black Sky.

Also, in regards to her fighting skills, she's about on par with Matt. We know that she is, we didn't actually see them fight but it's easy to assume that they'd be about on par with one another. They both have the same strengths and faults, but Elektra is willing to take things one step further than Matt is. The Hand could easily beat the crap out of Matt too, so the fact that they could do so with Elektra as well, that's no big deal. This is an Elektra before the Hand, an Elektra that was never considered the Perfect Death yet, and yet she was still seen as fragile and broken and all that. I think it's clear that Elektra isn't the Black Sky, and throughout this season, she wasn't the Perfect Death yet either. Because she hasn't been trained by the Hand yet - but she's about to be, after she resurrects. Which is heart breaking. All Elektra wanted was too feel good, and she finally did. And now she's going to know she's the opposite of that.

Also, I was a little taken aback by the origin changes but I've gotten over them, and there's one thing in particular that still doesn't sit all that well with me. The fact that the last time she saw Matt before 2016 she was trying to get him to kill that guy, and it wasn't when her father died or any of that, that doesn't sit right with me but I'm willing to let it slide because I think she was done extremely well here otherwise - even with the new origin changes. There's nothing saying her father didn't love her as he did in the comics, even if the name thing is less ironic than it was then. We literally don't have a CLUE what happened to Elektra from the moment that she was twelve to the moment that she was in her early twenties, so they have a lot of wiggle room if they go back to her origin in season three of Daredevil or if they go for an Elektra show. And I think that's an incredibly smart thing to do. We could see more of her training with the Chaste, how and where Stick found her, what her relationship with the Natchios's became like, what happened to them.

Also - I really hope that Elektra doesn't and can't get killed by Bullseye later because of this.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I think if they had been more clear about Black Sky then it might not have been so awkward. Or that The Hand actually worshipped the Beast like in the comics and they said that Black Sky was to it's conduit or champion. I'm thinking now that having Elektra not die at the hands of Bullseye will result in Karen getting killed by him in future seasons. There's no way they will kill Elektra twice that would literally be "overkill" but Karen getting her death at his hands would have more emotional impact in the long run.
    end of spoilers