Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd Fenris View Post
    EU=Expanded Universe=All the books and comics stories that are now no longer canon.
    Or, the books and comics and shows that are.

The Clone Wars, Rebels, Tarkin, A New Dawn - all canon and EU.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

The only name I have a slight issue with is Kylo (rhymes with phyllo.)

I imagine Poe Dameron will grow on me pretty quick so...
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Poe? That's going to cause laughs in any cinema featuring people who've seen Teletubbies.
    Also kung fu panda!

Ultimate Member

It's spelled "Po" in KFP.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Traditionally the darkside practitioners use artificial crystals which result in a red blade while the Jedi mined some special cave where the crystals resulted in blue or green blades and occasionally Mace Windu's purple blade.
    Wow, it's amazing that there are still things I can learn about Star Wars after 37 years! I actually didn't know that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Or, the books and comics and shows that are.

The Clone Wars, Rebels, Tarkin, A New Dawn - all canon and EU.
    Dude... I didn't even know about Tarkin or A New Dawn. Now thanks to you and Google I have 2 books to buy! Are we still referring to the new (in canon) stuff as EU? Seems that'd get confusing.

I am ready for Thrawn...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PennyD View Post
    I am ready for Thrawn...

Never existed according to new canon.

The new Tarkin book is officially canon? It seems the author of the book wrote it still under the "old canon", and finished 10 days after the "disney magical eraser". In fact there are some reference to his previous Darth Plaeguis Book. which is no longer canon.

Ultimate Member

It was listed as being part of the new canon in all of the reports that I've read. So unless Disney tells us otherwise, I'm going to assume that it is. Also "Sheev."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Floyd Fenris View Post
    Wow, it's amazing that there are still things I can learn about Star Wars after 37 years! I actually didn't know that. Thanks!

Dude... I didn't even know about Tarkin or A New Dawn. Now thanks to you and Google I have 2 books to buy! Are we still referring to the new (in canon) stuff as EU? Seems that'd get confusing.
    A New Dawn essentially focuses on how Kanan and Hera (from the current Star Wars: Rebels TV show) first met/came together. At least that's what I heard (I haven't gotten a chance to read the book myself yet). So yes, that book would definitely be in the new "Disney-canon."

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Any comic and/or novel relating to any of the films and current tv shows are considered cannon along with TCW cartoon. Certain EU books are being rebranded as Legends which has replaced the EU.

I haven't read Tarkin yet and probably won't until it's a used paperback. My track record with Star Wars novels is largely miss so I skip most of them. That said, I wouldn't mind Jorus C'boath being cannon, he was my favorite aspect of the Thrawn trilogy.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    A New Dawn essentially focuses on how Kanan and Hera (from the current Star Wars: Rebels TV show) first met/came together. At least that's what I heard (I haven't gotten a chance to read the book myself yet). So yes, that book would definitely be in the new "Disney-canon."
    Very true. Interested in reading that, and the Vader/Emperor book, think that's Lords of the Sith, and Heir to the Jedi, seeing as it's one of my favourite Jedi, Luke.

Just wish the price'd go down a bit more, but lots and lots of Legends books to enjoy, regardless of canon, like Vader and Luke especially.

Left wondering would that A New Dawn book reveal anything, however large or small, about the show, other than the Ghost, Kanan, or Hera?

Well, Expanded Universe, Floyd, as in anything outside the film, the main universe, or part of it - the New Expanded Universe, if you would, or New EU.

And, glad I could be of assistance there, with getting two new Star Wars books for you! Hope you very much enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

I tried reading A New Dawn but I quit after like 100 pages. Part of the charm of Rebels is that it's a kids' series, at heart. Yeah, adults can enjoy it (I know I do), but it isn't meant for us. The book lacked that charm. It was written for adults, I think, and it was just as dry as burnt toast.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.