Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Gerry Conway Returns to "Amazing Spider-Man" in March

Legendary writer Gerry Conway is set to return to "Amazing Spider-Man" in March for the five-part "Spiral" arc, illustrated by Carlo Barberi.

Full article here.

BANNED

Barberi really channels his inner Joe Mad. Not a bad thing, I suppose, long as he meets his deadlines.

This feels very batman to me, which isnt a bad thing

So this would be the Batman: Eternal of Spider-man. Well I heard that it was good and featured many of the bat-family.

And I do find myself interested to see Spidey battle the street level again alongside Wraithe. Color me interested.

This will be fun. I've been wanting to see Spidey go street-level for years. Hopefully this will bring the goods.

Is Slott leaving ASM after Spider-Verse? I hadn't heard that.

If so, it's been a great run! I'd love to see him stay though.

.... how does the Circus of Crime figure into this?
    And I want Gwen back. I don't care.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 12-11-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mummra the ever living View Post
    Is Slott leaving ASM after Spider-Verse? I hadn't heard that.

If so, it's been a great run! I'd love to see him stay though.
    No. These are additional issues, marketed as Amazing Spider-Man 16.1, 17.1, 18.1, 19.1, and 20.1. It's basically a mini, but they're marketing them as .1 issues of Amazing Spider-Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    No. These are additional issues, marketed as Amazing Spider-Man 16.1, 17.1, 18.1, 19.1, and 20.1. It's basically a mini, but they're marketing them as .1 issues of Amazing Spider-Man.
    I kinda like this numbering method. I'm sure it also gets Conway's story more attention than if it's just considered a separate mini.

I'm not big on Spidey fighting the mobster types, but it looks like Ringmaster and the circus of crime are making a comeback, so i may check it out.

BANNED

This sounds awesome. Street level Spidey tales are something we haven't seen enough lately and Capt. Watanabe is a character with plenty of unused potential so I'm really eager to check this out. Plus, I started reading ASM during Conway's era (with #140) so it'll be a kick to enjoy his writing on the title again.

I saw Gerry about a month ago and he told me about this. It's been too long in coming, and hopefully his great Tombstone stories will finally be collected!

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

is Spiral (Rita Wayward from Mojoverse) in this????
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

BANNED

I like this story, it's challenging PP's morals/ethics when it comes to justice.... at least that's the vibe i'm getting.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'm not big on Spidey fighting the mobster types, but it looks like Ringmaster and the circus of crime are making a comeback, so i may check it out.
    I, on the other hand, really like when Spidey gets caught in a gang war. Some of the best stories have come out of those situations --Lee's Lifeline Tablet Saga, Conway's Hammerhead/Octopus and Kingpin/Tombstone/Lobo Brothers, Mantlo's Owl/Octopus Saga, DeFalco and Owsley's every man for himself gang war. Of course, they can't all be winners *cough*Name of the Rose*cough*.