Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Thor, #3

"Thor" #3 continues the new Thor's fight against the frost giants and Malekith, as Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman continue to craft a series that's a perfect jumping on point for any who like superheroes.

Full review here.

...a beautiful combination of creators like Ivan Reis and Alan Davis
    Hmm, that's so weird because when I described Dauterman's style to a friend I said it was a mix between Oliver Coipel and Jorge Molina.
    After Thor Dauterman's definitely going to have a good future with marvel.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

I was curious about this lady Thor business, but not totally sold on it....until they announced Dauterman on art. His work on Cyclops was super impressive, easily one of the best new (to me, anyway) artists out there. I adore his work.

BANNED

I'm still loving this book. Great writing and art, and the new Thor is such a badass.

does this Thor have the same powers over weather? Any new powers? She should have some new abilities to distinguish her.

she should have new powers, regardless. A shield would also help.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-12-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    I was curious about this lady Thor business, but not totally sold on it....until they announced Dauterman on art. His work on Cyclops was super impressive, easily one of the best new (to me, anyway) artists out there. I adore his work.
    As sad as I was to see him leave Cyclops (and holy crap does that book miss him right now) I am thrilled to see how crazy good he is drawing frost giants and Malakith and everything. I loved Malakith's little turn when he tells NuThor that he's already killed one god today. And the panel where Mjolnir slices through the frost giant about ready to stab NuThor.

I can't wait to see next issue (but jeez, waiting until the end of January is going to be tough).
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

DAUTERMAN FOREVER!

So Say We All.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Dauterman is saving this book.

Between the cardboard CEO villain (so tired) and a Thor-gal that's not showing much at all except the usual standard lady-asskicker fare , this isn't that great a book from a scripting perspective. Certainly no 4 star material, unless we're judging strictly on the art.

And no, I'm not being churlish just because I want male Thor back. I really don't.
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 12-12-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Niffleheim

This book was about to be dropped if it wasn't for the last panel
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

This Thor arc is shaping up to be my favorite of the year. Read 1-3 again last night - an endearing new character, great story and phenomenal art...brilliant stuff. Long live Thor, Goddess of Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Dauterman is saving this book.

Between the cardboard CEO villain (so tired) and a Thor-gal that's not showing much at all except the usual standard lady-asskicker fare , this isn't that great a book from a scripting perspective. Certainly no 4 star material, unless we're judging strictly on the art.

And no, I'm not being churlish just because I want male Thor back. I really don't.
    Are you talking about the CEO who is secretly a giant minotaur, wields a magical axe and has a Vice-President of Warlocks? How is that cardboard?
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin

Amazing Member

I neither love nor dislike Lady Thor. But I like the fact that Jason Aaron has maintained most of the supporting elements of his run from before male Thor lost Mjolnir. I like the eeeevil Roxxon CEO who can turn into a Minotaur. Aaron is doing a good job with the Frost Giants and Malekith. With Aaron drawing from Greek mythology, can Hercules be far behind? I hope not. I suppose Herc would fight, and then hit on Lady T. The only character who has dropped out of the story is male Thor's new agent of SHIELD girlfriend (Or has she? Hmmmm.)

In response to increasingly fascistic feminists, Marvel has had its heroines covering up and avoiding seductive poses. Male heroes seem to be losing their clothes, though. The inverted Thor goes around shirtless, and (according to preview art) so will Steve Rogers when he regains his powers. I approve of this trend, and hope that it extends into the Marvel cinematic universe.

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    This Thor arc is shaping up to be my favorite of the year. Read 1-3 again last night - an endearing new character, great story and phenomenal art...brilliant stuff. Long live Thor, Goddess of Thunder.
    Mine as well! This book easily made my top 10 list of favorite comics this year. Re-reading the issues is a good idea and I'll have to do that soon.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

I was grinning the whole time while reading this. So far this is scratching my itch for a powerful character that is warrior first, female second. Some things get off to slow starts, so I'll be patient enough to enjoy the B or B- material until the A level stories roll in.