Default YOUR THOUGHTS: Amazonian Tech

So guys what do u think?

BANNED

If you guys want to make amazons uber powerful then give them some enchanted weapons and armors.

In Demon knight's Exoristos carried nothing more than iron hammer and she outshined her team-mates more often than not.

Mental Radio can be mystical mixed with science

Whatever tech level lets me have my invisible jet. Yeah it can be cheesy for a chick who can fly, but I love it still.

As i've said before, i like them as mystical - mythological, which i feel is the best niche for this franchise and it doesnt need to step in on Superman's high tech neighbourhood and get beat up because it's doing it wrong. So i'd go with medieval technology + magic, so they would be a bit like how Elves are in popular culture.

I mean, why does this franchise need to do everything? You have the mythological world, you have antiquity, play with them. You even have exclusivity to them because no other big DC hero seems to be using them. So dont try and do sci-fi too because it doesnt work with you. Antiquity and mythology are two of the best and richest niches a franchise could ever have. Use them, explore them. Look how enamoured people are with franchises like Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Assassins Creed and World of Warcraft.

Take your head out of your butt and tell me stories about the Amazons during the Crusades, during the Rennaissance, WWII, the Peloponnesean war, etc. Take me to distant lands and cultures, teach me about history, show me some magic and wonder....
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 05-13-2014 at 01:49 PM.

So myth tech that works as modern day tech.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So myth tech that works as modern day tech.
    You mean me?

When i said magical tech, i didnt mean magic rays and magic airplanes, so much as spells and magical weapons. Think of the magic in Buffy or Supernatural, or Legend of Zelda.

BANNED

I'd like actual technology. Magic Sphere, Purple Rays, Mental Radios, invisible transportation, advanced weaponry, along with indestructible metal the rest of the world clamors for. If I had my way healing Purple Rays would be the new Lazarus Pit and Amazonium the new Adamantium.

TO me the amazons i they have this advance tech wouldn't need to worry about building it it's more mystical and science mixing to work together .For example the purple ray is a crystal that can heal but only for the amazons. Diana makes a device to expand the healing to anyone. Not just the amazons.they should have no pollution when making their tech

As a lonnng time WW reader (since the early 70s) and a huge fan of the Perez reboot, I found in retrospect that I did miss the Amazons being technologically advanced. I think the idea that as a culture, they spent the last few thousand years learning and inventing and creating-- that they advanced their culture instead of what we have with Azz. Mystic technology sounds cool.

After the Perez run, before all of the Identity FInal crisis of 52 Flashpoint nonsense, (so Post Crisis reboot in tact) I felt that Athena should have given Hippolyte the Magic Sphere after some run in with the outside world. (originally I thought after Diana Travor landed, but it wouldn't give them much time) The Magic Sphere allowed them to view the outside world and become inspired by it's marvels, but then the Amazons created tech through their eyes and with their resources.... magic, crystals/minerals from the island. Or even the issue of the invisible jet. Ok, so they don't have the technology to build one-- but they have this sort of invisible crystal. Steve crashes, etc, they use this crystal to mimic or alter Steve's jet (turning it into a truly invisible plane-- not some regular plane with cloaking) as a way of Diana returning Steve to the outside world...

Technology and ancient mystic culture don't have to be exclusive of one another. I know some folks have an issue with them living in an ancient culture, with it's religious beliefs, clothing, and architecture, but that's really more of a cultural tradition.

M

Mighty Member

mental radio, purple healing ray, and invisible jet should all re appear and occur due to Amazonian invention. The idea that they were able to find a really nice balance of magic and science that improved their living conditions would be ideal