All-New Member

Default From Hell Editions?

Does anyone know if the "newer" From Hell Hardcover (ISBN 978-1435243873) had any changes in paper quality vs the older 2004 TPB Top Shelf edition? (The paper in it is very thin and similar to newspaper) Also any insight on if the Hardcover edition has a sewn or glued binding? Not much information out there on the editions of this book.
    Last edited by stoofz; 12-11-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Unfortunately the current hardcover has really crappy glued binding as do most top-shelf hardcovers. I havent read it yet but I'm afraid that when I do it'll fall apart. The paper is alright. It isn't anywhere near as bad as newsprint, it's alot like the regular white paper that you would use in your printer.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Unfortunately the current hardcover has really crappy glued binding as do most top-shelf hardcovers. I havent read it yet but I'm afraid that when I do it'll fall apart. The paper is alright. It isn't anywhere near as bad as newsprint, it's alot like the regular white paper that you would use in your printer.
    I bought one last month, and it's sewn. Thirteenth printing, April 2014.
    Last edited by Mad Hatter; 12-11-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Mine is a thirteenth printing as well, are you sure it's sewn? I can't see any sugnatures, it looks like one big text block. Also, mine has a really nasty break between the copyright page and the table of contents, which I've only ever seen in glued books

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Get the Knockabaout edition. It's sewn and excellent!! There's pics in the general hardcover thread:

http://community.comicbookresources....ll=1#post30119