Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    With the robots and creatures, he must've thought "that's fine because they're not humans" - and explicitly so with Digger. That's pretty freaking creepy for an MU character. Good thing he never thought the Vision was a bad guy, eh?
    Apparently magicians don't count too:

Marvel Team-Up #12 Accidentally kills Moondark the magician by knocking him through a mystic portal which teleports him to a point high above the Golden Gate bridge, from where he fatally drops to the water below. Spider-Man shrugs it off, saying "Even I can't hang around cryin' over spilt magicians!"
    I wish someone had made a Superman list like this...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    Yeah, the only superhero I think of that's actually gone out to murder is Wolverine's X-Force teams and Superman that one time under Byrne, and Batman was going to murder KGBeast but the editors said "nah" very soon after.
    Arrowette totally hunted a guy down and tried to murder him, only for Superboy to save him.

It was stone-cold murder too, she'd shot out both his knees after a campaign of psychological torture, and then when he threw his gun away and surrendered she was just like "that makes me want to kill you all the more."

Arrowette Sr totally killed a dude to save another superheroine, and then went on for a bit about how little it bothered her that her instinctual reaction was to just totally kill that dude without trying anything else to save the other heroine.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Arrowette totally hunted a guy down and tried to murder him, only for Superboy to save him.

It was stone-cold murder too, she'd shot out both his knees after a campaign of psychological torture, and then when he threw his gun away and surrendered she was just like "that makes me want to kill you all the more."

Arrowette Sr totally killed a dude to save another superheroine, and then went on for a bit about how little it bothered her that her instinctual reaction was to just totally kill that dude without trying anything else to save the other heroine.
    What comic is that from?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    What comic is that from?
    Young Justice #15 and #49 respectively IIRC.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Young Justice #15 and #49 respectively IIRC.
    Oh OK thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Marvel Team-Up #12 Accidentally kills Moondark the magician by knocking him through a mystic portal which teleports him to a point high above the Golden Gate bridge, from where he fatally drops to the water below. Spider-Man shrugs it off, saying "Even I can't hang around cryin' over spilt magicians!"
    That is hard-boiled, dude.

Ambush Bug is a murderer. In his first appearance he's a villain and he straight up kills a guy. After they make him a humor character they still refer to it, with Ambush Bug begging it off as, IIRC, "It was only ink ... I think!"

So, maybe the guy, had an ink bottle in his pocket. And it broke when he fell? Yeah, that's the ticket. Or more likely just a playful reminder that all comic book stories are imaginary stories.

I've seen a lot of places beg off Hawkeye's killing of Egghead (by shooting an arrow into his gun and making it overload) as a pure accident that Hawkeye regretted, but, I recently read that story and it doesn't seem that way to me. Hawkeye does briefly act surprised that Egghead died, but not for a moment does he show significant remorse. In fact, he seems quite satisfied with the killing, considering he had personal reasons to hate Egghead. He calls it the appropriate use of force when the Avengers hold a brief hearing about is a formality, and he thinks he'd do it again. There's even a scene of him smiling and giving kind of a thumbs up IIRC after beating the legal rap for it. There may have been later stories where he showed more regret that I haven't seen. I figure he's killed a few Skrulls, too? Has he been killing in his most recent series?
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 05-22-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post

It stands for hope, my @$$.
    Saved 7 billion people. Thats pretty damn hopeful.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    It stands for hope, my @$$.
    Of course it does. As in, better hope your ass isn't in one of the buildings he decides to punch somebody through, after dragging the fight into town from the middle of nowhere, where there were no innocent bystanders to get hurt or property to destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Of course it does. As in, better hope your ass isn't in one of the buildings he decides to punch somebody through, after dragging the fight into town from the middle of nowhere, where there were no innocent bystanders to get hurt or property to destroy.
    Hope is for those without power.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Saved 7 billion people. Thats pretty damn hopeful.
    In the process, he killed several million by being reckless.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    Explain how. Zod and co killed them. And during the final fight, it was Zod throwing Superman into all those buildings. I'm sorry, but that empirically false.
    Life is but a dream

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Explain how. Zod and co killed them. And during the final fight, it was Zod throwing Superman into all those buildings. I'm sorry, but that empirically false.
    Superman also threw Zod into a few buildings if I remember correctly. Also, during the fight in Smallville, he didn't exactly care about all the collateral damage he caused.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    It wasn't a million;

Only 129, 000 people died, but to be fair he only killed a couple hundred of them himself during the fight.

Then again I wonder how many people have died in comic events in general like Forever Evil and Fear Itself. Its probably higher.

So lets just agree that they are all murderers!

In the 90s, the Dan Ketch Ghostrider was physically incapable of killing. He simply could NOT do it.

Still, in one issue, because of this he chained down Blackout (a vampire) and just left him there for the sun to finish off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    In the 90s, the Dan Ketch Ghostrider was physically incapable of killing. He simply could NOT do it.

Still, in one issue, because of this he chained down Blackout (a vampire) and just left him there for the sun to finish off.
    That certainly was intent to kill, but it was later retconned that the cops got to him first. Blackout had died and returned before that anyway, offed by Blade. Also, he's half-demon and was resurrected to serve Lilith, so it's debatable if he counts as "people."

The whole point of whether killing Blackout would do any good came up in a Superior Spider-Man annual, where Superior Spider-Man decides it would be better to torture Blackout to discourage his habit of going after superhero familieis than kill him and take a chance he'll resurrect.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 05-23-2014 at 09:37 PM.