View Poll Results: buying the silk ongoing?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • ABSOLUTELY

21 17.65%
  • LIKELY

16 13.45%
  • HAVE NO IDEA

13 10.92%
  • UNLIKELY

39 32.77%
  • ABSOLUTELY NOT

30 25.21%
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Will you be buying the Silk Ongoing?

Will you be buying the Silk Ongoing?

BANNED

I'm going to have to say hell no. Best of luck though on it longevity.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Cool costume, but I somehow doubt it. I'll wait and see before putting down money (though by that time it'll probably be cancelled).
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I know I'll at least get the first issue to try it out. I'll have to see if I like it though before making a long commitment.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    I'm going to have to say hell no. Best of luck though on it longevity.
    yeah gotta have to agree...I'll be getting the spider-gwen ongoing however

BANNED

the 2nd cover is by the person doing interiors, im very down for that art, we shall see.
    hopefully it will be at least a little cheesecakey.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    I'm going to have to say hell no.
    reasons for the hostility towards it?

Went for unlikely. So far I'm not liking Silk AT ALL. But maybe with another writer and with Spider-Man away this might be worth a reading in MU (I barely have money to pick up my favorites). They got a very good artist too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    the 2nd cover is by the person doing interiors, im very down for that art, we shall see.

I have very little interest reading a character with pheromones powers and for being a Slott creation. That and I hate Spider-Family tie in books its just the same character with Spider powers. Plus she is undeserving of an ongoing a mini would have suffice.

If she gets the Yost on Spock treatment then maybe. For now its ranging at a no.

Hell no!

She lived in a bunker for most of her life, and is somehow stronger, faster and more agile than Spider-Man? How does that make sense?! Oh, and now she's Hope Summers without the harsh background so she's more concerned about hot guys among the constant death and now she's putting other Spiders lives on the line because she's too selfish to just stay in one place!!!

I swear, Anya better not die for her...

Won't write her off completely, but she honestly doesn't interest me that much. I'm surprised Marvel gave her an ongoing after only appearing in like a handful of issues. Somebody must've had a good proposal!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post

the artwork is going to be too good for this....which is sad because i might have to go back and read up on a few issues but slott has not bothered to make her seem that interesting

I guess I am in the minority here but I like her character so far and will definitely be picking this up. I am honestly a bit shocked at the outright dismissal of her character after just a few appearances; I mean, I get it that I decided I liked her after the same few appearances but I don't see the same annoying traits with her as others here seem to. Oh well, I guess this is why Baskin-Robbins makes 31 flavors!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Hell no!

She lived in a bunker for most of her life, and is somehow stronger, faster and more agile than Spider-Man? How does that make sense?! Oh, and now she's Hope Summers without the harsh background so she's more concerned about hot guys among the constant death and now she's putting other Spiders lives on the line because she's too selfish to just stay in one place!!!

I swear, Anya better not die for her...

Why would living in a bunker make her weaker, slower, and less agile than Spider-Man? How does that make sense?

I'm sure it was shown that she practiced while in the bunker. Her smaller size can explain being faster and more agile. I don't remember where it was ever shown that she was stronger than Peter.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 12-12-2014 at 07:56 AM.

iMan 42s

I still would've preferred scarlet spider got relaunched but whatever I'll try it out.

I'll pick up an arc to see if I like it. Gwen on the other hand has been much better handled in what she appears in and while I prefer Aikman I can't deny Gwen did have a pretty solid EOSV book and some decently written appearances in other books. Gwen is just looking better for the long term by comparison in my opinion.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.