View Poll Results: buying the silk ongoing?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • ABSOLUTELY

21 17.65%
  • LIKELY

16 13.45%
  • HAVE NO IDEA

13 10.92%
  • UNLIKELY

39 32.77%
  • ABSOLUTELY NOT

30 25.21%
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    What was on that tape and why was she contained. I feel it has alot more than the inheritors going on
    Yeah, I hope it does have more than the inheritors thing as far as why she was contained as I feel that could bring up at least one good story.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Absolutely not. She's a redundant, useless character with an ugly costume and a poor origin. I'm not interested at all. Instead of launching a solo book for her that probably won't even last 12 issues, they could be giving Spider-Man a long needed second regular title (like maybe a new volume of Spectacular Spider-Man) that would be a guaranteed seller.
    Perhaps it's because I tend to prefer the lesser used/B-List characters but I'll just never understand this way of thinking. I actually like it when Marvel tries new things, instead of just rinsing and repeating the same old thing. Plus I'm not sure Spidey actually needs two books.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabst View Post
    I like the character (save your rotten tomatoes) and I'm interested in the book but I'm having to drop titles to add future titles and I'm not sure how to make this one fit. I already have ASM and Spider-Woman on the list and I'm not sure Silk will do that well to pick up. I hope the book does well but I think I'm in a minority on the character and not because of the people saying nay to her in this thread.
    You summed up my feelings and situation to a tee. I'm trying to reduce my pull-list whilst also adding Spider-Gwen, Ant-Man, Howard the Duck and Secret War. I hope the book does well regardless of if I pick it up though.

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    In agreement here. After so many failed "Spider-Girl/Woman" books do we really need another? Cindy Moon is not even half as interesting as Mayday, Anya, Jessica Drew or Mattie Franklin. I'll be shocked if this book lasts until #12...
    Do we need another? No, probably not. Why not try anyway? Nobody is forced to pick it up and the character might just take off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    she doesn't even have the fans support like Spider-Gwen
    That's a pretty broad statement. She obviously doesn't have the same kind of hype/internet presence as Spider-Gwen or Ms. Marvel but she has her fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Honestly, that could be said about any new character. Don't see what makes Silk any more different than Reptil who had the same missing parents plot that was NEVER RESOLVED.
    You can't see any difference's between Silk and Reptil? That's strange. There is more to both of them than missing parents.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

I'll give it a shot because I like her in Spider-Woman, but I won't continue unless it's amazing. I don't give a shit about the character. I just enjoy Hopeless' writing enough to try.

i see her as a suppproting character in asm. not as a person who should have a book. def not buying

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    You can't see any difference's between Silk and Reptil? That's strange. There is more to both of them than missing parents.
    I think S/D's point is that potential alone isn't enough to justify an interest in a character. The judgment should be whether or not we believe the character is capable of living up to that potential.

Granted, the people working on Silk's book could very easily take advantage of that potential. However, right now, her primary purpose is to be "the waifu".

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Remember when they said that Reptil was holding a great destiny and that's why he got the gem? Funny, seems they did that with Silk too, only Reptil was killed before that happened.

Silk is pretty much Hope Summers if they took away her rough childhood that made Hope relatable.

Yes in Spider verse three characters have some level of importance we don't know why yet, Silk, Kane, and a baby. Yet neither are the center of the story which will end in two months and then silk's real adventure starts with the importance taken away. I personally think she is one of the best new characters and cannot wait. Hope Summers is also my favorite x character

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Silk is pretty much Hope Summers if they took away her rough childhood that made Hope relatable.
    Personally, I never found Hope relatable (or even likable) but I do see some similarities. Like Hope during Messiah Complex, Silk was basically created to kick start Spiderverse, and most likely will have to fulfill some sort of destiny towards the end of the story. Hope fulfilled her destiny in AvX, she brought back the mutants. Now that mutants are no longer on the endangered species list, Hope has no further story to tell. The character currently has no direction in the X-titles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Personally, I never found Hope relatable (or even likable) but I do see some similarities. Like Hope during Messiah Complex, Silk was basically created to kick start Spiderverse, and most likely will have to fulfill some sort of destiny towards the end of the story. Hope fulfilled her destiny in AvX, she brought back the mutants. Now that mutants are no longer on the endangered species list, Hope has no further story to tell. The character currently has no direction in the X-titles.
    Perhaps Hope Summers could be a supporting character in Silk's ongoing series as a supporting character.

For a character with "no direction" she's still been heavily involved in the X-Titles (moreso than 95% of X-characters out there) since AvX and went through two enormous character arcs by two different writers.

And quite frankly it's what happens to ALL characters in team-based books. They get their turn in the spotlight then fade to the background when the focus shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Probalus View Post
    For a character with "no direction" she's still been heavily involved in the X-Titles (moreso than 95% of X-characters out there) since AvX and went through two enormous character arcs by two different writers.
    Heavily involved in the X-titles or the soon to be cancelled garbage X-force title? Because I haven't seen her appear in Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Amazing X-men, All New X-Men, Wolverines, etc. One irrelevant book is hardly what I consider to be "heavily involved" in the X-titles.

Her role is over, now she's just a weak sauce junior version of Jean Grey, and we already have one of those running around in All New X-Men.

Heavily involved in the X-titles or the soon to be cancelled garbage X-force title? Because I haven't seen her appear in Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Amazing X-men, All New X-Men, Wolverines, etc. One irrelevant book is hardly what I consider to be "heavily involved" in the X-titles.
    She was a major character in Cable and the X-force and the focal point in the X-force crossover that ended that series and Uncanny vol2. then she followed Cable to The Spurrier X-Force title. Regardless of how you feel about those titles she's nonetheless a major supporting character in multiple comic series and that's more than what you can say for a majority of X-characters.

Her role is over, now she's just a weak sauce junior version of Jean Grey, and we already have one of those running around in All New X-Men.
    Her role has changed but she's going to be part of anything that Cable will be part of going forward. And he's not going to be in limbo for long.

Plus she's as far away from being a Jean as possible in the current X-Force series.
    Last edited by Probalus; 12-24-2014 at 03:56 PM.