View Poll Results: buying the silk ongoing?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • ABSOLUTELY

21 17.65%
  • LIKELY

16 13.45%
  • HAVE NO IDEA

13 10.92%
  • UNLIKELY

39 32.77%
  • ABSOLUTELY NOT

30 25.21%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I'll pick this up to see how it goes. Perhaps we'll see her develop better in her own series.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Why would living in a bunker make her weaker, slower, and less agile than Spider-Man? How does that make sense?
    Lack of training and constant "working out" like Peter would. She can't possibly be this much better than Peter and been in a bunker most of her life.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Why would living in a bunker make her weaker, slower, and less agile than Spider-Man? How does that make sense?
    Peter has experience, Peter has training, Peter has actually fought in combat. Hell, Shang Chi even taught Pete Kung Fu. There was nobody to tell Silk that she was even doing the moves correctly or even if she was trying hard enough. She could have exercised and done that sort of thing. But being that good without any actual real fighting experience and stuff? It's like saying a guy locked in his bunker was suddenly more fighting ready than actual marines.

I think it really depends on how her role in Spider-Verse pans out. At first introduction, I thought she was interesting. And her suit is cool. But as many have said, she's incredibly unlikable at the moment. If there's any redemption later on (and not in a Deus Ex Machina kinda way), then I'd be more interested. I'll probably buy the first couple at least, just to see how it is.
    "Once you're an avenger, it never fails. Sooner or later, the time comes when it's your turn to step up to the plate. Just make sure you're ready"

I plan on buying Spider-Gwen. I am pretty excited about the possibilities of that character, comic, and creative team.

I'm not a fan of Silk's retconned encounter with the spider that bit Peter - perhaps I'm biased, as I was reading back when Chapter 1 was released *shudders* - but to be honest, her costume looks pretty cool and I'm aware that all characters have potential, even those who don't necessarily get a head start with a good origin/intro story. But as of now, I feel no excitement about Silk and will not be buying her comic when it arrives.

-Pav, who can't wait to see what villains and heroes Spider-Gwen will encounter...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

No, her entry is a forced plot that doesn't incline me to say "Hey, I want to know this character more!! I think she's interesting!!"

Spider-Gwen works for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by weezer17 View Post
    Won't write her off completely, but she honestly doesn't interest me that much. I'm surprised Marvel gave her an ongoing after only appearing in like a handful of issues. Somebody must've had a good proposal!
    Marvel gives Silk a mini series instead of Black Cat? How times have changed when Silk replaces the Black Cat because she's become Catwoman...

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

I'll give it a shot. Creative team looks interesting, and I have a perverse fondness for Spider-Man spinoffs.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I actually quite like Silk, she's pretty fun, but I'll probably give the book a miss. I'm already having to cut back on my pull-list and plan on adding Spider-Gwen (which is getting a slot on the list because it's an alt universe) and Howard the Duck. I do hope it's successful though and might trade wait or look for a code swap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwriteword View Post
    I think it really depends on how her role in Spider-Verse pans out. At first introduction, I thought she was interesting. And her suit is cool. But as many have said, she's incredibly unlikable at the moment. If there's any redemption later on (and not in a Deus Ex Machina kinda way), then I'd be more interested. I'll probably buy the first couple at least, just to see how it is.
    My sentiments exactly. I liked her quite a bit at first, but now she's gotten pretty annoying. I will probably grab issue #1 and at least get a feel for it, but I doubt I"ll be interested enough to continue.

BANNED

stacey lee i feel is gonna be wasted on this book...she's got some good skills it appears but slapping that on a character such as Silk...what's the point? she doesn't even have a unique hook to reel in readers

i'll give Silk a try, but i'm really not that fond of the character at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i'll give Silk a try, but i'm really not that fond of the character at this point.
    i can agree with that...not to say i hate the character but she's not that exciting or interesting....and she's one of the players in Spider-Verse!

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    No, her entry is a forced plot that doesn't incline me to say "Hey, I want to know this character more!! I think she's interesting!!"

Spider-Gwen works for me.
    Random thought, if Slott wanted Silk to be the Mystical Spider why not give her Mystical Spider powers? The retcon of Pete's origin seems to be major point of dislike for the character (among other things) so why not just make this kinda story?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Random thought, if Slott wanted Silk to be the Mystical Spider why not give her Mystical Spider powers? The retcon of Pete's origin seems to be major point of dislike for the character (among other things) so why not just make this kinda story?
    i have no idea and nobody probably cares enough to really do that anyways....Slott might of just wanted another character added to his credits