View Poll Results: buying the silk ongoing?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • ABSOLUTELY

21 17.65%
  • LIKELY

16 13.45%
  • HAVE NO IDEA

13 10.92%
  • UNLIKELY

39 32.77%
  • ABSOLUTELY NOT

30 25.21%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The core concept is pretty interesting.

It's someone who has been very repressed, essentially imprisoned for a decade, finally able to go out into the wider world with super-powers.
    Seen it in plenty of comics and tv shows. Only with a lot less shagging.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 12-13-2014 at 03:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Seen it in plenty of comics and tv shows. Only with a lot less shagging.
    her giddyness to shag is apart of what makes the character enjoyable, its a rare trait.

BANNED

It's someone who has been very repressed, essentially imprisoned for a decade, finally able to go out into the wider world with super-powers.

There's also the mystery of her family's disappearance.

Add in that she's a woman of color and there you have it

Buying from day one, will see how it explores the fallout of Spider-Verse before I make it a permanent buy. But I don't hate the character like everyone else seems to.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

There's also the mystery of her family's disappearance.
    Reptil had the same missing parents gig. Didn't stop him from getting killed and leaving that plot unresolved. Missing parents is the most basic form of "Mystery to try to make a character interesting"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Add in that she's a woman of color and there you have it
    is that really the right reason to buy a book...because she's Asian?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    is that really the right reason to buy a book...because she's Asian?
    ALOT of people think so, especially tumblr (not talking about this book in particular, but just enthic character books in general)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    ALOT of people think so, especially tumblr (not talking about this book in particular, but just enthic character books in general)
    that's stupid....you shouldn't flock to a character just because she/he's mexican or asian or whatever you should flock to the character because it makes you want to read more about them

BANNED

that's stupid....you shouldn't flock to a character just because she/he's mexican or asian or whatever you should flock to the character because it makes you want to read more about them
    i agree, im just explaining, that said i do find that she is asian appealing visually.

BANNED

i seriously gotta look back into the issues because ASM#9 made her seem like a very clingy person that's driven by sexy-spider hormones and for someone that's been locked away for 10 years you gotta assume she's not gonna have much of an opinion on anything or much of a personality beyond "Confused Outcast" in her ongoing

just what difference does it make that she missed crap like AVX And Civil War.....is that ever gonna be relevant? are we gonna reference past events in her book or are we just gonna do stupid things like have her be impressed at things such as the xbox one and ipads...

I just think she can potentially be really interesting. I don't see this hostility towards Spider-Gwen fans whose one shot I thought was really average.
    We need better comics

BANNED

i understand that but the potential isn't very clear....like what is her main hook? that she's clueless about everything

i understand that but the potential isn't very clear....like what is her main hook? that she's clueless about everything
    I think is it that, yes, the Out of Time aspect, but there is also the whole "Spider-Bride" angle that they're doing with Verse. The fallout of that will I think be most of the first arc.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    I think is it that, yes, the Out of Time aspect, but there is also the whole "Spider-Bride" angle that they're doing with Verse. The fallout of that will I think be most of the first arc.
    but how good will that concept be when it's put to the test in an ongoing series? she's been gone for 10 years it's not like captain america where even the xbox one and poptarts would freak him out

but how good will that concept be when it's put to the test in an ongoing series? she's been gone for 10 years it's not like captain america where even the xbox one and poptarts would freak him out
    The rise of the superheroes would be the biggest change. She could be a character who shares a new reader's enthusiasm for the Marvel Universe.

The hook of the series has been explained. A lot will depend on the execution. As far as I'm concerned, it has potential.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets