View Poll Results: buying the silk ongoing?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • ABSOLUTELY

21 17.65%
  • LIKELY

16 13.45%
  • HAVE NO IDEA

13 10.92%
  • UNLIKELY

39 32.77%
  • ABSOLUTELY NOT

30 25.21%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    There's nothing here that says she's not getting good writing and art which is something time and history has repeatedly shown is something characters of color don't get compared to their white counterparts as for example that is something a few Storm fans are complaining about.
    but We've Yet to see Robbie Thompson work on a comic book right? he's mostly known for his work on the tv show supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    that's stupid....you shouldn't flock to a character just because she/he's mexican or asian or whatever you should flock to the character because it makes you want to read more about them
    They way I see it representation is really important and there aren't that many asian characters out there so supporting the silk book is a way of telling marvel you want more asian characters. It's not like she is an absolutely awful character. She's pretty interesting. Why do you like spidergwen so much? I find both solos interesting and plan on buying both

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nipower888 View Post
    They way I see it representation is really important and there aren't that many asian characters out there so supporting the silk book is a way of telling marvel you want more asian characters. It's not like she is an absolutely awful character. She's pretty interesting. Why do you like spidergwen so much? I find both solos interesting and plan on buying both
    because the idea of a gwen stacy spider-woman just appeals to me...just seeing her act as something that isn't just a love interest waiting to die is pretty cool and her ongoing book is like An Ultimate Universe all on it's own(not the ultimate universe but you get what I'm Saying)silk well her being a walking sex magnet around peter is always gonna be weird and honestly i can't really think much about her other than they must have something really big in store for her since they introduced her really early in the ASM Relaunch and catapulted her into spider-verse now her own series

Astonishing Member

every time a new character gets an ongoing series people always say well it'll be lucky to reach Issue 12
    All the new Spider-Characters gets a solo series like Alpha, Spider-Gwen, and Silk. Yet we haven't seen a Black Cat or Silver Sable ongoing series since the 1990's. What's up with that? Slott kills off Silver Sable and makes the Black Cat into a true Catwoman crime boss knockoff. It would had been fun if Marvel had restored Felicia's Pre-OMD persona because she had the best chance at a successful solo series as a Private Detective and Bounty Hunter. But as a soulless crime boss? I'll pass. LOL!!!

because the idea of a gwen stacy spider-woman just appeals to me...just seeing her act as something that isn't just a love interest waiting to die is pretty cool and her ongoing book is like An Ultimate Universe all on it's own(not the ultimate universe but you get what I'm Saying)silk well her being a walking sex magnet around peter is always gonna be weird and honestly i can't really think much about her other than they must have something really big in store for her since they introduced her really early in the ASM Relaunch and catapulted her into spider-verse now her own series
    My only problem with silk is the pheromones stuff around Peter. But other than that I love that she is a new character and that her book can go in any direction. I just hope the writer does well. Plus I love both her and Gwens costumes. I hope you and everyone one else give her a chance. As for Gwen even though I'm new to comics I like her for the reasons you mentioned.

BANNED

i should mention that for this month Silk#1 is 35% off to pre-order on TFAW.Com

just for anyone here that happens to use that site....

BANNED

My only problem with silk is the pheromones stuff around Peter. But other than that I love that she is a new character and that her book can go in any direction. I just hope the writer does well. Plus I love both her and Gwens costumes. I hope you and everyone one else give her a chance. As for Gwen even though I'm new to comics I like her for the reasons you mentioned.
    eh i might give her a try....might is the word(Robbie Thompson is mostly known for working on the supernatural tv series...he's not really written any comics to my knowledge)

Not going to read it. Slott made her so thoroughly annoying and arrogant in her first few appearances that I actually loathe the character. He did the same thing with Alpha. (Skipped his mini-series as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Not going to read it. Slott made her so thoroughly annoying and arrogant in her first few appearances that I actually loathe the character. He did the same thing with Alpha. (Skipped his mini-series as well.)
    Maybe she'll be better under the new writer. She is definitely going to be humbled in spiderverse

BANNED

but the question remains....can Robbie Thompson work a comic book?

BANNED

Default Looks Like Silk (Cindy Moon) Has Already found her Number One Hater On Deviantart...

http://hayley566.deviantart.com/art/...-sue-477043680

http://hayley566.deviantart.com/art/...omen-494493911

and an entirely different person but on the same hate scale basically....http://randomdc3.deviantart.com/art/...-Man-474151997

sometimes you just gotta wonder why these people thought it was needed to express their hate for the character on deviantart of all places?!

http://hayley566.deviantart.com/art/...-sue-477043680

http://hayley566.deviantart.com/art/...omen-494493911

and an entirely different person but on the same hate scale basically....http://randomdc3.deviantart.com/art/...-Man-474151997

sometimes you just gotta wonder why these people thought it was needed to express their hate for the character on deviantart of all places?!
    I really hate the term Mary Sue because its severely overused, to to mention misused but I can see that Dan Slott sucks at writing her and I hope he stays away from this character forever. I don't think she is a Mary Sue.

but the question remains....can Robbie Thompson work a comic book?
    The previews will tell

I really hate the term Mary Sue because its severely overused, to to mention misused but I can see that Dan Slott sucks at writing her and I hope he stays away from this character forever. I don't think she is a Mary Sue.
    Yeah, I think Silk will be better under another writer that isn't Slott. Kind of like how SpOck was more tolerable under certain other writers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah, I think Silk will be better under another writer that isn't Slott. Kind of like how SpOck was more tolerable under certain other writers.
    and yet the artist of the first two doesn't care to mention that Silk is gonna have her own ongoing series written by someone that isn't dan slott....